“Spacious and comfortable for families at a good price”

Clarion Collection Tapto
Ranked #13 of 155 Hotels in Stockholm
Doha, Qatar
“Spacious and comfortable for families at a good price”
Reviewed 30 December 2009

We stayed at the Clarion Tapto for 4 nights. They gave us a family room with one extra bed and one baby cot. It was much bigger than I imagined. More than enough space for our family of 4 and safe enough for our baby to crawl around in. The breakfast and dinner buffet is included in the hotel price and was also very good and saved us money. There is a little play area in the restaurant as well. The location is good and we walked everywhere for sightseeing. The old town is bit further away but still within a walkable distance from this area.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 23 December 2009

The hotel is a nice 30 minute walk from the central station, which hardly makes it worth taking the metro to Stadion. It is in a peaceful residential area a short walk from great restaurants and shopping in Ostermalm. Having to work most of the time in my room, I REALLY appreciated the included dinner buffet which featured fantastic soup and salmon. Breakfast was equally superb. The room was perfect - I shifted my desk to the window and had a great view of the neighbourhood.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank devrieaj
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 10 October 2009

Hotel Tapto is in a quiet section of Stockholm, easily accessible to the bus and metro. The room was spacious and quiet with a refrigerator and large bathroom. We requested a room off the street so it was very quiet but the street this hotel is on would not have been a problem. When we arrived we were surprised to find robes and slipper for us and drinks and snacks (complimentary) in the frig. The staff was very helpful and kind. There was a spacious gathering room off the lobby with a large flat screen television. It was a great place to meet with friends or to play games in the evening after a long day of sightseeing.

The food was great - afternoon tea, coffee and cakes were provided. This is a Clarion Collection Hotel so dinner as well as breakfast was also provided and it was all plentiful and delicious. There is also a grocery store next door to the hotel for lunchtime picnics. Except for one hamburger lunch at Skansen (the fabulous outdoor museum), we did not have to eat out. Food in Scandinavia is quite expensive so this hotel is a great value.

There are two complimentary computers in the lobby so it was never a long wait to contact family and friends.

We will definitely stay at the Tapto again. Thank you everyone there for making our first trip to Stockholm such a success.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dlopian
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 28 September 2009

I stayed at the Clarion Collection Tapto in early September for three nights with a special rate from Expedia that totaled less than $70 per night, an incredible bargain for such an expensive city. My single room on the third floor was spotless and roomy. I never saw housekeeping since I was out most of the day but the room was efficiently cleaned each day. The TV had a lot of English programming. The room on the third floor overlooked a quiet street. The building shares space with large housing developments but I never saw a lot of people. The closet could use more hangars.

The breakfast, as others mentioned, is excellent with organic foods, particularly the dairy products. It’s very large and includes wonderful breads; cold cuts; cereals; and eggs, sausage and bacon. There’s also a free buffet dinner that is very good, especially for the price. Others noted that there are no fried food and that it’s healthy, however, it is on the heavy side, particularly with dinner and the sauces. But it is very good and I saved lots of money. It’s the first time I visited a place where I was unconcerned about exploring the food culture because I was so full by the breakfast and dinner.

The hotel is located in a neighborhood outside of the main tourist areas, about a five-minute walk from the stadion metro (tunnelbana) stop. It’s a nice 20-to-30-minute walk to the center of town and Gamla Stan. On the efficient tunnelbana system it’s about five minutes. There’s also a bus stop even closer. It’s the 1 or 2 bus (blue bus) that will take you into town.

Front desk was very helpful throughout the stay. Check in and out was a breeze. They helped me with any questions I had. The lobby area was very attractive and large. An old motorcycle and an old military uniform are on display on the third floor hallway. There is no gym but there is a sauna and steam room, which work well and are open after 5 p.m. You have to contact the front desk to turn on the steam room. This was the only area that wasn’t up to the level of the rest of the hotel, but was still very good. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank TonyonTA
London
Reviewed 24 September 2009

Stayed at The Clarion Tapto for four days in September. Its an absolutely fantastic hotel. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Our room was huge, spotless, comfy and really modern. The shower was brilliant.
Stockholm is quite an expensive city so the breakfast and complimentary dinner was a great moneysaver. The food was great every day.
The hotel is about 15-20minute walk from the city. The walk is really pretty if you go by the fountain and the park but there are buses and a tube station within 5mins walk if you prefer public transport.
Stockholm is a stunning city. There is loads to see and do and the people are very nice and friendly. I would recommend getting the Stockholm 72 hour pass. Its great value. I would highly recommend going to The Vasa museum, The Nordiska museum, Gamla Stan, the Aquarium, the TV building (go at sunset) and the zoo in Stockholm. All are included in the Stockholm pass and well worthy of a visit.
One thing to note is that alcohol is very expensive in Stockholm as its sale is controlled by the government. So if you like a tipple take it with you. We took a couple of bottles of wine from the airport and were glad we did.
If you go to Stockholm and stay at the Clarion Tapto you are sure to have a great vacation. Have fun.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ShonaLondon
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 17 September 2009

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in August and were quite satisfied with our stay. We originally booked a standard room which consisted of two single beds pushed together. When we checked in we were told we had been upgraded. Great! I had to laugh a little bit when we got to our room, though. The room was very nice and neat, with the bed, desk and chair, and a small bathroom off the room. But it was still absolutely tiny! I had to put my suitcase in the closet to clear up some floor space. I can’t imagine what we had been upgraded from, but it was good enough for us and I have no complaints. The young man that checked us in and all the other staff we dealt with throughout our stay were quite nice. The biggest bonus about this hotel is the value they provide for the money. It is fairly reasonably priced to begin with, especially in an expensive city like Stockholm. We booked online and paid ahead, which saved us a fair bit of money. The great part is, not only does the hotel offer free breakfast, but they also have a free dinner buffet every day, as well as tea and cakes around 3 in the afternoon. It’s a really nice option for people who might be on a bit more of a budget while in Stockholm. The location is not bad either, about a 5 minute walk from the Stadion T-Bana subway station. The hotel is 100% smoke free. There is a computer in the lobby with free internet access and access to a printer. There is wifi in the room, which is 25SEK for 24 hours, or free if you sign up for their points card, which is free.

The only thing I didn't like about the room was the bathroom. The shower was just a stall shower, and there was nothing separating the floor of the shower with the floor of the rest of the room, so water would just go underneath and get all over the floor. I thought this was a bit dangerous as the floor is tile. I just ended up putting a towel down everytime I showered and hanging it up to dry in between showers.

We paid on average 1000 SEK per night.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MissWanderlustCA
Kalmar, Sweden
Reviewed 3 September 2009

We stayed at this hotel for two nights, during the Easter rush.
However - the hotel never reflected any rush. Actually - we never noticed any crowd or stress. If it hadn't been for the amount of people coming and going, we probably wouldn't even have known that the Easter vacations were under way.

Our two rooms (one for us and one for the inlaws) were both very satisfying. They were quiet, spacious and clean. The hotel prides itself in their cleaning team - and they should. It's a very clean hotel and the fact that you can see photos of all the cleaners, and what rooms they are in charge of is a plus.
The breakfast buffet was amazing (and echological to a high degree, which rocks!) and the complimentary dinner was good too.
The stay also includes free coffee (or tea) in the afternoon - which makes this hotel a brilliant stay for those on a tighter budget, as Stockholm can be quite the expensive town to live/eat in.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, and this was overall a very, very pleasant stay.

We are planning on staying here again, next chance we get.

• Stayed April 2008, travelled with family