“Great Location and Fantastic Breakfast!”

Radisson Blu Strand Hotel, Stockholm
Ranked #43 of 158 Hotels in Stockholm
Canberra, Australia
“Great Location and Fantastic Breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for seven nights and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of just about everything in the hotel. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful for all requests, the room was one of the biggest I have stayed in during my travels to Stockholm and the overall facilities were very good. I also thought that the housekeeping was of a very high standard and this is not something that I normally notice but it did seem to stand out at the Radisson Blu Strand

Unlike a lot of other hotels in Stockholm the room had a fridge and also tea and coffee making facilities which enabled me to get a few of my own things and store them in the room during my week long visit. While there was a mini bar it wasn't so full that you couldn't add a few of your own things without having to get the mini bar taken away.

The hotel is also in walking distance to the main shopping and entertainment area of Stockholm with theatres very close by along with both decent restaurants and fast food outlets.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Guest r, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Strand Hotel, Stockholm, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear guest,

thank you so much for sharing your experiences from your stay here at Radisson Blu Strand hotel. It is a pleasure to read that you had such a great time here with us! Your kind comment makes us all very happy and I will make sure my colleagues at the different departments will receive your feedback as well.
I hope that we get the chance to have you back as our guests again in the future if you are coming back to Stockholm!

Maria

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

I stayed in this hotel on a business trip for 2 nights in March 2014 and had a great stay.

The hotel is really nice, well set up, with attentive staff and in a great location.

Luckily for me I was given a room at the front of the hotel over looking the water, this was really the highlight as the view is stunning, I didn't tire of looking at it.

The room I was given, for the most part, was really nice. Large bed, nice bathroom, high ceilings and of course a lovely window. There were some down sides though, while it was for the most part tidy, I did notice that the rug hadn't been hoovered particularly well, which suggested the cleaning was not thorough, but it was generally clean and tidy. Also, I was upgraded to this room and it wasn't huge, about the size of a regular hotel room in i.e. Premier Inn etc. This was fine, but as others have commented if this was an 'upgraded' room, there must have been others which were pretty small. Either that or the upgrade was purely for the view, which was great.

The breakfast for the hotel was great with an excellent selection of really good food, and the restaurant was really nice. The staff at breakfast were lovely and friendly, but did seem a little confused at times. I had to get up and find someone to ask for coffee on the first morning, but on the second morning was offered as I was sitting down. None of this should detract from the great food though.

I ate in the hotel on one evening and again the food was great. Perhaps a little on the expensive side, but that is to be expected in a hotel like this I guess.

As others have said the hotel is in a great location, a short walk from a Tunnelbana station and in what I would consider a lovely part of the city.

My sleep while I was there was not great, but I'm not sure I could tie this down to anything to do with the hotel. Although I was on the front of the hotel it was quiet at night and the bed was comfy, so although I have rated the sleep quality average, this was my personal experience and not perhaps anything to do with the hotel I don't think.

I haven't been able to rate the value as the hotel was booked and paid for on my behalf, but I would assume that the room that I had was not cheap.

All in all I had a great stay at the hotel and would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: If you can get a room looking onto the waterfront, the view never gets old. I was in 203 and I can o...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Guest r, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Strand Hotel, Stockholm, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear Bolana,

thank you for giving us feedback after your stay here at Radisson Blu Strand hotel. We really appreciate that you are taking the time to write a review and it is so important for us to get to know how you experienced our hotel.
I am glad that you got the chance to stay in one of our rooms with the beautiful view over Nybroviken and it is a pleasure to hear that you liked your room and our restaurant. I am also glad that you are telling us what you thought about the carpet so we can be even better in cleaniness and avoid this in the future.
We hope to have the pleasure to have you staying with us again in the future!

Welcome back!
Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

The location of the hotel is impeccable and the service is sufficiently professional.

However, the hotel management should urgently take a coaching in cleanliness and hygiene.

Not only as a hotel professional you might see what I am talking about.

There are fingermarks all over. Expecially on gleamy surfaces such as window panes, door frames or furniture. Carpets, pieces of furniture and the front office in general look very worn which does not create a comfortable feeling ...

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Dear Navi,

first of all I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experiences from your stay here with us.
It means a lot for us to hear that you liked the service from our staff and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the location of the hotel, in the heart of the city centre.
Your feedback regarding the lobby area will be sent forward to the management and we will do our best to give you a different impression next time! I am glad to tell you that we just a few days ago got new carpets in the entire lobby and restaurant area and we are so happy with the result!
We wish to have you staying with us soon again!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Stayed for one night late Feb-14.
Check in was a really nice experience, the staff was the friendliest I ever met at a hotel. Room kind of small but clean and comfortable.
Location is just perfect, walking distance to most of the "must see" in the city.
This was my second stay and I will for sure be back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Guest r, General Manager at Radisson Blu Strand Hotel, Stockholm, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Timo,

thank you so much for your kind comment! I am so glad to hear that you find our staff so friendly and I will be happy to forward your feedback to my colleagues.
We are looking forward to have you staying with us soon again!

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Normal plus hotel, but glass of wine served at hotel was not good. Bartender should be more carefull with wines... I would expect more from the location, but rooms were ok, but I was not offered rooms with view, but I was checked in the darkest corner. Personnel at restaurant was helpful and friendly. When I left to airport, the taxi driver could not accept the credit card and asked me to pay cash. I could not believe that this is happening in Sweden! So, we went to ATM at the airport and I paid in cash. Too many unpleasant things at 5* hotel. Another weird thing was that there was no complimentary bottle of water available, but it was part of minibar. Considering that it is Stockholm, not London (where greed goes through the roof), I thought it is not nice. Otherwise I was a happy customer. Maybe I was just unlucky! Will I stay there next time? I do not think so.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear guest,

thank you for sharing your experiences after your stay here.
I am sorry to hear that you felt disappointed with your room and the wine in the restaurant. Some of our rooms are facing the inner yard and I understand if you perceived your room as darker than the superiour rooms with sea view.

Radisson Blu Strand hotel is a Svanen certificated hotel which means that we are thinking of the environment in all things we do. The tap water in Sweden is of such high quality that you can drink it without worrying, and that is also why we don't have complimentary bottled water in our rooms.

When going with taxis in Stockholm we recommend our guests to be careful since there is a lot of different companies in the city. Some of them do not accept credit cards and some are very expensive, so always check the price sign on the rear window before entering the vehicle. The price on the sign should be between 290-390 SEK.

Once again thank you for taking the time to share your experiences!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

Stayed twice here already. Nice hotel in perfect locations. Was lucky to have a room with a view over Strandvaegen. Great view of the goming and going boats. Room was clean. A bit old fashion. The bathroom only had a shower so that's a bit below standard. Over all nice and I will come again.

Room Tip: Get a upgrade and also a room that faces the water.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Guest r, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Strand Hotel, Stockholm, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear guest,

thank you for taking the time to write a review after your stay here at Radisson Blu Strand hotel.
I am glad to hear that you are a returning guest and that you had the chance to enjoy a room with the beautiful view over Nybroviken.
We have rooms with either bathtub or shower and in case you prefer one or the other we always try to follow your preferences. Just let us know when you book the room that you would like a room with a bath tub and we will prebook that for you.

We are looking forward to have you staying with us soon again!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

I reserved a standard double room. I got to the hotel early, but they managed to give me my room which was very appreciated. It was quite small and the view was to the inside atrium, but it looked nice. I discovered that the toilet seat was broken and told the reception when I left for the day. When I returned in the evening I was upgraded to a superior room with an amazing view. The room service was good and the breakfast was varied and tasty. Good internet connection. Not a cheap hotel, but all in all good value for money.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Guest r, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Strand Hotel, Stockholm, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Dear Maria,

thank you for your kind words. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here despite the disappointing start with the broken toilet seat. We are always happy when our guests tell us about eventual problems as early as possible. Then we get a chance to make things better before the check out, so thank you for letting us know so soon.

We hope to have the pleasure to see you again in the future!