Radisson Collection Strand Hotel, Stockholm
US$334
  • Restaurant
Hotel C Stockholm(Stockholm)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$290
US$260
Agoda.com
1,263 results
All reviewsgreat locationold townharbour viewvasa museumgamla stanstandard rooman upgradebusiness roomwalking distancewater viewshopping districtnice roombreakfast buffetvery nice hotelbusiness triproyal palacecentral location
Reviewed 5 October 2009

The public spaces of the hotel are always busy from breakfast to drinks after dinner. That gives it a fun bustling atmosphere and shows they must be doing something right. Breakfast is tasty, fresh and offers delicious bread and fruits. Excellent scrambled egg! But some people did have to wait for tables so don't rush down expecting to get out quickly.
The bar is fun in the afternoons and evenings with big picture windows looking out onto the water.
Reception and concierge were unfailingly helpful and responsive - taxis, tips, maps, holding onto luggage etc
Our room (206) was waterfront and comfortable. Plain stylish decor and everything you need. Music from the nearby Berns hotel was a bit noisy so if you are sensitive to noise it might not be the best choice - I sleep through anything so not a problem!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 September 2009

We were staying in this hotel just for 1 night - waiting for connection flight next day. Overall expierence was very good.
Hotel is located in the city center by the water - easy walking distance from Cityterminalen where is located Central station and bus terminal. Google maps says that this is 17 min walking - I did not check it , but could be so.
I liked the building how it looks from outsite - very typical for Stockholm center.
We arrived late and asked for a room not facing courtyard (I was affraid of this option from previous comments where people did not have blinds and somebody looked into their room during breakfast).
And although water-view is dedicated for business rooms we were given a room facing side street, which gave some waterfront view as well, when I leaned out of the window - which was fantastic! :))
Although room was not very big it was ok for us 2 - actually gave me some ideas for improving things in my smalish flat :) (e.g. narrower doors to the bathroom which gives some more space for sink, sink put on table - so that you can arrrange more things arround your sink, smaller size tub whcih at least is a tub not just a shower etc.).
And ofcourse there were my favorite aromatic Radisson shampoo and body lotion bottles.
There were tea/coffee making facilities in the room, which was great.
Breakfast was in the roofed courtyard, whcih I was affraid of before arrival, but which turned out to be nice place. I noticed that there are no room windows on the level of this restaurant, so no worries if you would be accomodated in the room facing courtyard (I think there were courtains in the windows of those rooms) and first hotel rooms appeared from the second floor up.
Food during breakfast was good, very similar to what is given in other Radisson hotels. I just noticed there were no baked tomatoes, but there were other tasty things :)
Newspapers were provided in printed format on recycled paper - very good idea - so you do not need to wait when post-man will bring your newspaper - just click print and your latest Financial Times or whatever (not sure there was FT) is on you table!
Regarding fitnes room - I did not see it, but I read in their booklet that upstairs is some fitness room and sauna.
Overall very nice and pleasent experience from this hotel!
Actually I used my bonus points for this accomodation and as I did not have to pay anything - I am very satisfied about staying in this hotel.
So thank you Eurobonus! :)

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2009

The Radisson SAS Strand Hotel looked from my web research to be in a good central location and, most importantly, on the water. It was all of that. We liked it. We’d book there again. It was close to the Old Town, the New Town—what they call City, and to the museums. It looked out on boats and beautiful old buildings across the harbor.

We had a nice room with yellow painted wood furniture and blue furnishings that was appropriately Swedish and “old Scandinavian” but with a nicely appointed modern bathroom. The breakfast was ample with lots of variety and in a nicely lit restaurant space (though we never chose to have a meal other than breakfast there.) It has s a pleasant, large modern public space alongside the restaurant and the concierge desk with lots of group seating and a heavy duty cocktail scene from about 5 to 8 or so that was kind of fun to join in.

Prices vary by day with weekends being less expensive, so it is definitely a business hotel. We paid 3595 Swedish Kroner for our one weekday and 2395 for each of our weekend days, evening out to be about $400 per day US. Breakfast was extra and 180 SK per person or $36 US. As is often mentioned, Scandinavia is expensive.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 July 2009

The hotel is nice, clean and with a superb location. However this is a noisy part of the city in the weends, so bring earplugs if you need to sleep.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 April 2009

We stayed for a long weekend city break, our first time in Stockholm.
The hotel is a fairly standard 4 star business hotel, although better done up than most.
We consulted trip advisor before booking, and looking at other reviewer's comments about the small standard rooms booked a business room. This turned out to be small but very comfortable suite, with two twin beds pushed together and a seperate sitting room. The view over the harbour and the city sky line (7th floor) was excellent.
The staff were very helpful, especially when we asked them to check in for our return flights.
The breakfast is a buffet with a good range of cereals, fruit, english, continental and germanic selections. It is held in the courtyard onto which many of the rooms overlook.
The best thing about the hotel is that it is ten minutes walk from the modern arts museam in one direction, 3 minutes walk from the national museam in the other, right on the harbours edge and within sight of the major shopping gallaries.
The only bad thing I have to say is that the beer, at 65 SEK (£6.50 at current exchange rates) hurts the wallet. But that's Stockholm.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple