Radisson Blu Royal Viking Hotel, Stockholm
US$277
US$168
Preferred Hotels
  • Breakfast included
Hotel C Stockholm(Stockholm)(Great Value!)
US$257
US$165
US$83
US$71
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Stockholm Slussen(Stockholm)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$150
  • Restaurant
Story Hotel Riddargatan(Stockholm)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$247
US$210
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Motel L Hammarby Sjostad(Stockholm)(Great Value!)
US$86
Travelocity
  • Bar/Lounge
3,357 results
All reviewssky bararlanda expresscentral stationfisk restaurantold towngamla stanbusiness roomnice hotelexcellent locationjunior suitewalking distancebreakfast buffetairport trainbusiness tripthe breakfast areastandard roomshopping area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 April 2013

I stayed for three nights and really enjoyed the experience. Some others have mentioned that they had bad service at the check-in, etc. I did not have this, on the contrary, the staff were excellent. I arrived early on the Sunday and was offered either a room that was not refurbished or wait until my selected room was ready - I chose to wait and left my luggage with the porter. I am glad I did as the renovated rooms are very nice. Lovely shower, a small "office" and the bedroom. Lovely heated floor in the bath, good internet connections, overall a lovely room.

Breakfast was good, a bit busy sometimes, but a lovely room and the food was good. I didn't eat at the hotel except for breakfast.

Try and get an updated room...

Room Tip: Get a renovated room. I had 811 - very nice...
1  Thank MelbourneDoug
Klas F, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Royal Viking Hotel, Stockholm, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

Dear MaidenheadDough,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your positive experience.
We are very happy to hear that we met your expectations. We look forward to your next stay.

Best regards,

klas F

Reviewed 13 April 2013

Having stayed dozens of times in this hotel I thought it is time to write a review on this one too.

Location is excellent as it is next to airport train stop (Arlanda Express) and Central railway station and bus terminal. Despite that the sounds to the rooms on the higher floors are not disturbing.

Service level varies from rude to over-polite. Great variation especially in the front desk service. Once was offered a possibility to store my personal stuff at the hotel waiting for my next visit. The other day I was treated like air when a front desk clerk was talking (gossiping) with an other hotel employee. Mostly service is just great.

Business class rooms are renovated and have decent views to the street. In-room breakfast is included as well as movie channels (if one still has power to watch them after a busy working day).

Club Carlson elite level is recognised and in-room gift varies from fruits to fish and bottle of water. During the early April there was an Easter egg delivered to the room with personalised letter from the hotel management.

Breakfast is excellent with variety of cold and hot choices not to forget the pastries and coffee/tea/soft drinks. Sometimes hard to find a vacant seat though.

Price/quality ratio is good but try to get the business class room to enjoy even more small perks.

2  Thank Kim S

Dear Kims805,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel. I’ve reviewed your comments regarding the front desk staff and I was a bit surprised to read about the rude part as they normally recieve a lot of positive feedback. Clearly we fell short in your case and for that I’m truly sorry.

We look forward to your next stay in order for us to have anothe chance to make sure you are comfortable and receive the best “Yes I Can!” service.

Best regards,

Reviewed 12 April 2013

Centrally located big business hotel -- probably best if you travel on business, and not for sightseeing in Stockholm. It is just next to the central station. The room we had was fantastic -- very modern, convenient. Spotless clean. I like details like having a socket next to the bed to charge your phone, having enough sockets at the desk to charge all other gadgets etc. The bath room was small, but with a walk-in shower and a rain shower head. Wifi is free and hassle-free. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Be aware, we stayed in the hotel before and had a totally different room, outdated, in need of refurbishment. So better ask for one of the new ones.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SummerGB

Dear SummerGB,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next stay.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 10 April 2013

With the price of the hotel room (250€/night) you would expect something comfortble and nice. Instead of those I found my room worn-out, smelly and dingy. Toilet was broken, tap was dripping, closet door didn't work and the carpeting was DIRTY. The noice in the room (2nd floor & facing the Vasagatan) was something amazing. I thought that maid had left the window open when I first entered the room. Walking to the windows I realized it's not the case.

I need to thank the lady in reception being nice enought to change me in the other room which was more nice, but still very old-fashioned. Seeing also my colleagues room I realised that room standards really variates in this hotel. Look at the photos from travellers if you not taking my word.

I was in this hotel for two day meeting and had several meals in the hotel. Food overall was okay but in every meal tableware were very dirty, meaning that almost every piece I ate from was somehow dirty (stains, food, metal string, more stains). It became almost funny in the end! Breakfast was okay, nothing special. You get a lot better breakfast at the other Radisson around the corner.

Overall I wouldn't stay here again as there are so many nicer hotels in the area with same price. I would say this is 60-100€ hotel, but not definitely 250€! I can't recommend for accommodation, but their conference services are good.

Room Tip: Try to avoid second floor especially those which are not renovated.
1  Thank Takemeaway28

Dear Takemeaway28,

We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your comments will be used to consider improvements in the future.
We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

With kind regards,

Direrctor of Sales

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Decent Hotel next to station so good location for getting round Stockholm - room a little on the small size - due for a refurbishment - but was still comfortable - room was quiet.

Breakfast Buffet good of a morning though not quite as good as the Readisson Waterfront round the corner.

Stayed on the 6th floor in a corner room near the lifts and staircase - could smell the chlorine coming from the pool in the basement! in the corrindor though not in the room.

Would recommend it

Room Tip: Note - half the rooms have windows faciing an indoor atrium as opposed to the outside.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 007solotraveler
Klas F, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Royal Viking Hotel, Stockholm, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

Dear "007solotraveler",

We look forward to your next stay.

Kind regards,