“Business Hotel beside Central Station”

Radisson Blu Royal Viking Hotel, Stockholm
Ranked #54 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Calgary, Canada
“Business Hotel beside Central Station”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Excellent location, right beside Central Station when you exit from the trains/buses. It's easy to get around from this hotel. You can walk downtown easily from here. The hotel is very much focused on business travellers. It does have a swimming pool, gym and free wifi. Breakfast is not included like several other hotels in the area.

We were able to get this hotel at a very good price and it was close to the train. We stayed here as we had a late arrival and it was very convenient. Given another choice, I would have stayed elsewhere as I was not there for business travel. The hotel is busy with the hustle and bustle of travellers, has a busy bar and restaurant. A smaller hotel is more my style so that is the only reason it would not be my first choice; given other options.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Klas F, Försäljningschef at Radisson Blu Royal Viking Hotel, Stockholm, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear 4Piffs,

Thank you for your feedback and time to write about your stay with us.
We are happy you enjoyed it although you prefer smaller hotel´s.

You are always welcome back to us!

Kind regarda,

Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Stayed at the Radisson Blu while attending a conference in Stockholm. The hotel is very well located, just a block from the Arlanda airport Express Train Station. Upon arrival we were greeted promptly and checked in. A staff member offered me a map of the city and took the time to describe the hotel amenities. My room was standard size and comfortable. The bathroom had a step-in shower equipped with a rain forest shower head; a nice touch. Room faced the busy downtown but I was not disturbed in the evening by excessive noise. The heat/ac controls were a bit of a challenge. I thought I had turned the system completely off only to wake up in the middle of the night extremely warm. The gym was well equipped and offered customers complementary apples. They did not have a water station, which was a disappointment. Breakfast was included in my rate and was excellent. The buffet include a large selection of items to include gluten-free. The Wi-Fi was complementary but connectivity was very limited on the busier evenings (Wednesday & Thursday nights). This was the only disappointment in an otherwise excellent hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank D W
Klas F, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Royal Viking Hotel, Stockholm, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear DW,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your stay.
We are delightet to read you enjoyed your stay and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to us again!

director of Sales
Uppsala, Sweden
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I´ve stayed in hotels bragging about their stars but not living up to them. Not in this case. This hotel is a four star. We arrived three hours before check in but had access to the room anyhow. By the way we could also keep the room until 19.30 the following day. Take the elevator up to the Sky Bar where a friendly barista might help you the best she can to make you feel comfortable. Reception is also very kind and helpful. Room and beds very good. Breakfast is plenty and served in a huge but fine atrium room.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Klas F, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Royal Viking Hotel, Stockholm, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear Jazzfan2011,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience.
We ar delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to have you back soon!

London, ON
Reviewed 13 January 2014

This hotel is located around the corner from the Arlanda Airport express train, which makes it easily accessible from the airport with minimal concerns about luggage.

The standard rooms were showing their age, but overall clean rooms and the beds were comfortable

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear ShelleyC12,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your stay with us.
We look forward to your next stay!

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We stayed in this hotel for several nights around NYE. the standard hotel rooms are fairly "old and kitsch", but otherwise were ok. The hotel location is great, in a walking distance to the historical center. Stuff was friendly, but not the most helpful we've met. Please be aware that the gym, pool and sauna do not belong to the hotel, are fairly small and a disaster from a hygiene stand point.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Klas F, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Royal Viking Hotel, Stockholm, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Dear CK909,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us.
It is valuble for us to read all reviews in order to continually be able to improve our services.

It is unfortunate that your experience in the pool area was not up to your expectations.
We will forward your comments to the gym management and hope to have you back with us in order to exceed your expectations!

Linkoping, Sweden
Reviewed 6 January 2014

A perfect located hotel in Stockholm with rooms that was really nice 20 years ago but only average 2013. After more than 600 nights at different hotels in Sweden I have never ever had such a horrible breakfast experience. The staff at this hotel knew how to create chaos. For a moment we thought this was some kind of an experiment. I can´t understand how a hotel in this category with 450+ rooms decides just to have one line at the breakfast buffet. In our small group we stand in line for more than 20 minutes to get chees and ham to our bread. Having people waiting that long just to get something to eat also gave the effect that all tables were over crowded do to fact that people didn´t get ready fast enough. It would have been very easy to rearrange the buffet and make two lines. There were no lack of table space what so ever. There are hundreds of hotels in Stockholm. My suggestion to you is to pick another one!

Room Tip: There are hundreds of hotels in Stockholm. My suggestion to you is to pick another one!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Klas F, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Royal Viking Hotel, Stockholm, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear MrHemlangtan,

We appreciate you taking the time to write your review. This gives us the opportunity to review the situation and correct any deficiencies we may have in our service. Usually we have two identical cold cut buffets and this morning must have been an exception.
I can only apologize for that inconvenience, it should absolutely not take 20 minutes to get what you want from the breakfast buffet.
Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best service. Obviously we failed the morning you visited the breakfast.

We hope to have another oportunity to exceed your expectations.

Aylesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I read a few reviews from unsatisfied customers before going away and wasn't sure about this hotel. It seemed that it was a bit of a gamble which room you'd get, which spoiled other people's stay. So I decided to write to them and ask for a nice room with a nice view, if possible, as it was my birthday, NYE and our first time away together. First of all, the location is perfect, right next to Central station, trains, Metro, buses, airport transfer coaches and walking distance to all central parts of Stockholm, with many shops, restaurants etc around. On arrival we got an upgrade to a superior room on the 8th floor, so I was very happy and want to extend my gratitude to whom it may concern.
The room wasn't very spacious, but I think they are all like that and it's ok for a few days stay.
We had a view of the town and a clock tower and it was very quiet too, very good big windows.
The bathroom was small and the bathroom door had no lock on it and could open either way, which was no problem for us, but might be for some people. I loved underfloor heating in the bathroom though, nice touch! Bed was comfortable, but rather then one big duvet there were two small duvets, not good for a couple, we found. There was a big TV on the wall that would come alive all on it's on at the most inconvenient times delivering messages from the front desk. That was funny and interactive, but I got fed up trying to turn it off, as I don't like TV. I wouldn't mind it if I could connect it to my laptop to view everything on the big screen, something all good hotels should be offering nowadays. Internet access was free, which was good, but I didn't like logging in with the password it every time I wanted to use it. Would be more convenient to have to log in just the first time around, like in other hotels. Forgive me for moaning. Breakfast was good with a lot of options for all tastes. I loved the breads, mostly brown, some with seeds and very tasty, very much to my liking. There was an English breakfast counter, for those who like it, with pancakes and hard/soft boiled eggs, fried mushrooms, tomatoes etc. A few choices of cheese and ham, local herring and salmon and, to my liking, salad veggies. They had the usual cereal, yogurt, fruit and jam too. The best bit was that breakfast lasted till 10.30, very good when you are on holiday, my regards to the management. We very much enjoyed he Sky bar on the top floor, with 2 glass walls and cosy seats all along those walls and plenty of space, soft music and subdued light. Very good to unwind over a drink or two after a day full of excitement. Another place to unwind is the SPA in the basement with a small pool, Jacuzzi and separate facilities for males and females inc lockers showers and saunas. I was expecting a big common sauna, for some reason, but that's just me being naughty. A quick note: you need your key card everywhere you go in this hotel, can't operate lift without it, can't even use the stairs, so make sure you always have it on you or you end up being stuck somewhere like I did.Hope my review helped you. Special thanks to Phillip at the front desk for putting up with all our inquiries and requests, making restaurant reservations and being very helpful and thanks to all the hotel staff for doing the good work.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a nice view.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Elena G
Dear Elena G,

Thank you very much for your detailed review!
We are happy to read you enjoyed your stay with us and will make sure your compliments will be forwarded to Philip and the staff att the front desk.

Regarding the key card, it is all for the safety of our guests you need to use it when moving around in the hotel area. Very unfortunate that you got stuck somewhere in the building.

Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. Thank you!

We look forward to your next stay!