Victory Hotel
US$402
US$341
US$92
  • Breakfast included
Hotel C Stockholm(Stockholm)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$328
US$300
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsnautical themeport winegamla stanold townsea captaindark chocolateship modelslord nelsontwo sinksunique hotellady hamiltonwashing machineevery eveningperfect locationnobel museumroyal palaceeasy walking distance
Reviewed 6 February 2008

We loved the Victory. It was the end of a few weeks travelling and we were getting a little tired moving around. The Victory, with its nautical, "old world charm", interesting historical bits and pieces throughout , small gifts and attention to detail was just the thing to keep us going. Right in the middle of the Old Town, and so it was quite an enchanting couple of days.

Because we were there at a quiet time, our party of 6 took a suite and a couple of medium rooms. They were very comfortable and so I cant really comment on those who have had small rooms --perhaps see what deal can be done if you are going out of main season? While you're doing that, you might see if breakfast can be included as I agree with another reviewer that, atmospheric as the cellar restaurant is, the price was on the high side and the young people looking after it were more enthusiastic than polished at keeping the food, cutlery, plates, coffee etc going.

But that was a small quibble. The other thing we loved was that the staff was very obliging and unobtrusively helpful from start to finish. You can tell we enjoyed a couple of days in Stockholm and would be keen to go back to the Victory when we get back there.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 December 2007

I stopped here in August this year for 2 nights. My friend & I each had a single room.
We both paid £130 for the 2 nights.I booked them through the hotel's own website.

The rooms were very small but I must say that they did have a lot of character to them. They were very clean, the bathroom was spotless. They also provide you with slippers & a bathrobe.

The mini bar was well stocked and not too expensive considering we were in Stockholm.

The hotel is in a central location on Gamla Stan. It was about 3 mins walk to the metro station, and the same to the main square.

Not sure that it's a 5* hotel though. I assume the hotel has given themselves this rating ;-)

I left behind a t-shirt in my room. I contacted the hotel to let them know that my other friend(he lives in Stockholm) would call to collect it. But unfortunately the t-shirt was not handed in by (I presume) the cleaner. This obviously left a sour note with me but the manager Magnus did recompense me for the t-shirt.

So overall, I would stay there again and also recommend it to friends,etc.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with friends
2  Thank jeep_potter
Reviewed 23 September 2007

The good points for the Victory hotel are that it is in a superb location in the old town - close to everything you'd really want on a visit to this charming city. The public areas of the hotel are very swish, with lots of interesting nautical things to look at. The bar, restaurant etc are very attractive and look expensive and shiny.

The downside, after seeing the public areas, was the bedroom we stayed in on the first floor, well, I'm not sure whether we just were unlucky, but the room was not that reasonably sized (and in our opinion, not 5 star). The bathroom we had was very nicely put together with the Moulton Brown toiletries, and bathrobes and slippers, but very small, but OK. However, the bedroom itself was a disappointment, although themed around a ships cabin with paintings of ships etc, it was a little tacky, it just looked a little tired and 1980's. It was just such a surprise (and disappointment) having seen the public areas to walk into a room (the doors opened out into the corridor due to lack of space) like this.

However, the bed was lovely and comfy, chocolate on the pillow each evening a nice touch and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ekul
Reviewed 10 September 2007

Victory is placed in a quiet side street in the old-town (Gamla Stan) a stone throw from the busier tourist shopping attraction, short walk from the Royal Palace and onwards to the Parliament building and new-town.

Friendly and efficient service, Hotel and rooms are themed around old ships and rooms akin to captains' cabins etc - nicely done. Reasonably sized room, large bathroom with jacuzzi. Modern, light and airy it is not.

It is 5 star and priced accordingly.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank Henley_Scottish
Reviewed 4 September 2007

I'm just back from a weekend in Stockholm. The Vicory Hotel is in a perfect location in the old town, walking distance from most attractions. The hotel is decorated on a ship's theme but the single rooms were ideal. Furnished like a ship's cabin, the attention to detail was wonderful and although small had a really comfortable bed and duvet. Ensuite had excellent shower and heated floor. Molton Brown tolietries made a nice extra touch.
The staff were very friendly and went out of their way to make restuarant bookings, check locations, etc. I will return.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with friends