Victory Hotel
US$480
US$465
US$164
  • Pool
Hotel C Stockholm(Stockholm)(Great Value!)
US$214
US$193
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Birger Jarl(Stockholm)(Great Value!)
US$190
US$287
US$232
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsnautical themeport winegamla stanold townsea captaindark chocolateship modelslord nelsontwo sinksunique hotellady hamiltonwashing machineevery eveningperfect locationnobel museumroyal palaceeasy walking distance
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Nightmare at the Victory Hotel. I arrived back to the hotel around midnight, and the doors were closed and locked. I rang the doorbell over and over and over, with no result. Panicking, not able to get in to the hotel, with loud, mainly male based groups passing by behind me, I felt compelled to bang on the door to get in. I banged for minutes and minutes, panicking by the second. Finally someone, maybe another guest at the hotel, let me in. Noone was there in the lobby to give me the key. Eventually, I just went behind the counter to retrieve my roomkey. I have asked for my bill in the morning, and for them to book me in a hotel more secure.

Room Tip: Horror story from a safety perspective. Extremely frightening not to be able to get in to the hotel in the late evening.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank tempchicago
Mats B, Manager at Victory Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2012

Dear tempchicago,

Thank you for your recent visit and that you took the time to meet up with me personally the morning after. It felt great to speak with you and to insure you that we of course never leave our front desk unattended. I am also happy that you accepted my generous compensation and that you chose to stay with us during your entire Stockholm visit.

In this case our night portier left the front desk for a few minutes and a restaurant personal took his post during that time. Unfortunately he was a bit unexperienced and It took him a few minutes before could find the correct button to let you in.

The Old town (Gamla Stan) is a very safe area to stay in and our guests security is very important for us. We have after this "incident" spoken to all our staff (including the staff in our restaurant) to refresh our routines and our security program.

You know my number and my mail adress if want to contact me directly again.

Best regards,

Mats Bengtsson, Owner and Hotel Manager

Reviewed 10 October 2012

We stayed in Kapten Aberg room and admittedly there is no view, because the windows are too high up, but we were never in, so it didn't matter !
The staff were helpful and friendly, always smiling !
The breakfast was good: fruit, cereal, juice, toast, bread, croissant - the usuals in fact, with warm dishes to order i.e. porridge, scrambled egg, semolina and pancakes. The breakfast area itself was wonderful - I have never eaten this meal by candlelight ! and although there were bulbs, the candlelight provided the light in many corners, with the old city walls being preserved around certain food areas. some glass panels revealed the cellar dining room and the older walls.
The location is really good, being in the old town - this meant we could walk to restaurants in the night, and during the day, easily walk to all the major sights.
We weren't disturbed by the clocks chiming outside - probably too tired. Very clean. Just a shower, no bath- no problem and antiques galore.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank marilyn p
Reviewed 9 September 2012

Actually, we stayed in Apartment 8 of the Victory Hotel located beside the hotel on a typical narrow street in Gamla Stan. Easy walk from the metro and can walk to everything in Gamla Stan where we did most of our sightseeing. We took the hop on/off bus to the newer part and also out to the Vasa museum so we got to see it all and walked to newer pedestrian street. The apartment was typical of old town apartments but clean. It was roomy as we had a bedroom, bath with tub and shower, and kitchen/dining/sitting area. Kitchen had a washer and clothes rack. It was not air conditioned but had a fan if needed. The plug for the tub didn't work so could not drain the tub. Lady came to look at and she and I used a kitchen knife to open it (as women do improvise!) and plumber was to come next day but decided to just leave and use the shower part. Beds were soft and the room was somewhat "antique-y" smelling but not bad unless you have allergies. Hotel staff was pleasant and friendly. Couldn't ask for a better location to explore old town on foot!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SCTraveller42
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I have stayed for 3 days for business purposes. Had a wonderful stay. great location. I went for a run along the sea shore and back to the old city area...very helpful hotel staff. fast internet. The highlight is the breakfast where wide variety of fruits and vegetables is offered. next to some testy smoothies shakes. very recommended hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank idanvelleman
Reviewed 28 August 2012

We stayed in The Hotel Victory for 5 nights In August. The first impression on entering Lilla Nygatan was "oh dear - looks very back street-ish". However, we didn't then know what we now know about the charm of Gamla Stam and its narrow cobbled streets. The hotel itself was also charming, and while both rooms (double and single) were small, they were both comfortable and had everything we needed. The staff were very friendly, and, in fact, the first thing they offered was to move our son from his allocated room on the fifth floor, to the same floor as us.
We didn't have dinner in the hotel, as there are any number of restaurants in the old town, but the breakfasts were excellent. Would recomment a trip to the Vasa Museum, the Aquarium and Skansen. The house at Drottningholm was disappointing, although the boat trip was pleasant and the park really nice. The Army and Music/Theatre Museums were also very interesting. Get a Stockholm City Card for free travel and attractions.

Room Tip: I suspect rooms away from the front street may be quieter, although that's only a guess. The A/C "hum" intially annoyed me, but very soon faded into the background.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family