Victory Hotel
US$402
US$341
US$92
  • Breakfast included
Hotel C Stockholm(Stockholm)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$328
US$300
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsnautical themeport winegamla stanold townsea captaindark chocolateship modelslord nelsontwo sinksunique hotellady hamiltonwashing machineevery eveningperfect locationnobel museumroyal palaceeasy walking distance
Reviewed 10 July 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights at the end of June. I travel to Stockholm often for business but this was a private visit and I had previously walked past the Nelson hotel and decided to choose the 4 star rather than the 3 star.
Price even by Swedish levels was high since the room, whilst quirky was very small.....€200+/night. Not even room to open and leave open one small suitcase.
General deco was very dusty although our room was very clean.....mainly due to area outside being like a work site.
Wifi was free but of no real use across the hotel. Required re logging on almost every time you closed a web page and signal was poor.
Noise....on the Friday and Monday we were woken very early by the building works nearby....my suggestion is ask for a room on the right side and back. This really did ruin the visit.
Breakfast was, like many said, very good although I can't place it very high since the selection was somewhat limited but there were after dinner mints each morning!
Staff were very pleasant and helpful but being asked to settle the bill on arrival was a bit off putting.
I really wanted to like the hotel especially due to location and expectations but in conclusion maybe I should ave just used the Sheraton even though when you close the room door there you could be anywhere.
For €200+/night I did expect more but we received less than we hoed.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Mats B, Owner at Victory Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Dear Emeles,

Thank you for your valuable review!
It is great to hear that you found your hotel room clean, our breakfast good and that our staff was helpful and friendly. Its just too bad you experienced us during some renovations we did in June to our new winebar "The Burgundy" that will open soon. We really tried to wipe the construction dust away several times a day but just as you said, it was dusty in some areas of the hotel. No loud construction noise was suppose to be made before 09:00 but unfortunately we must have failed. I am so sorry for that and I wish you mentioned this during your stay and I would personally act to make sure your stay was more pleasant.

Regarding payment upon arrival it is unfortunately the new swedish credit card regulation that forces all hotels in Sweden to charge before you use a service just as you pay a ticket before you travel.

Even if you were a bit disappointed I really hope you will return to us during more normal circumstances. I know that we always do our utmost to make sure our guests leave us with a smile and with a happy memory.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Best regards,

Mats Bengtsson, Owner and Hotel Manager

Reviewed 9 July 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. The hotel is in an excellent location - Gamla Stan - I was able to walk to all the important sights. The staff excel this hotel especially Janet on reception and Jenz in the Bar Restaurant - both were very warm and welcoming. Thank you both.

The breakfast was a buffet plenty of choice and was of excellent standard. The only fault I had with the Victory there was no air conditioning in my room - annoying as outside the temperature was 25 degrees.

If I return to The Victory it wouldn't be in summer months.

Room Tip: Probably the third floor
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank mairebeth
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Collectors Victory Hotel in Gamla stan was a rare pick. Its one of the best Hotels in Old Town Stockholm. Room was small but very well furnished and very clean, breakfast was very good. Location of the Hotel is perfect for exploring the streets of old town. Very close to Gamla stan T-bana station.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 June 2013

If you want a large and modern hotel, this is not for you. But if you want a fun, good value hotel that is central to the Old Town, then it's ideal. The room I had was small but adequately sized and I enjoyed its nautical layout. You can eat and drink more-or-less on the premises, and there are many other bars and restaurants close by. The furniture and fittings are worn, but that doesn't matter (and is maybe even part of the charm!). I was only here one night, so can't say how it would have felt for a week-long business trip, but for a single night it was perfect.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2013

The style of the hotel is beyond quirky - even if you are not a collector, you have to admire this collection, including a letter from Nelson to Lady Hamilton! Had a Captain's De Luxe room with jacuzzi bath (bathroom really quite large). Bed and room itself good size. Cleaning checked every day for satisfaction. Bacon and scrambled egg breakfast was good! Good location in old town - don't expect to wear stilettos to walk around!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking Lilla Nygatan can experience some early morning noise but worth it.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business