We stayed 5 nights in Diplomat hotel Stockholm. We were 2 adults (me and my mother) and a 2year old boy. Overall we liked the stay and the service. And the best thing is a location of the hotel. Please see details below:
- great location. close to shoping district, to gamla stan, to skansen. We never used any transport. Walked to skansen even.
- the building itself is beautifull. This year they celebrate 100 year of the building. Still it gives some minuses - see below.
- we took "diplomat room" side view, and it was ok for our family. Still room was not very big (25 or maximum 30 m2). We had special discussion with the hotel staff about the size and the possition of the room when we did booking. And after all that everything turned out great. Also we took a special offer "family package", which gave us good value for money.
- Our room was decorated quite well for are4* hotel. Still, be aware that they have done some photo-shop tricks, so rooms on hotel website look better (and younger!) than in reallity. But still - it's ok! In sheraton stockholm rooms look "younger", but have no individuality.
- The staff on the reception is very helpfull! Before my booking, I asked them several questions and got very rapid and full answers.
- Breakfast was very good. Better than in sheraton on my oppinion. +The restaurant has nice view on water. Also we took lunches several times - were quite ok; and room service - did not like, overpriced a lot.
- Elevator is only one and very old (100 years?). It gives it greate charm, but it did not function sometimes because some gest did not closed the door of the elevator properly. We lived on the 2nd floor, so we were ok. But it is not so easy to climb to the 6th floor. Especially with a baby. We stayed in Sheratn stockholm in july 2008 and there was a line for elevators too.
- We had some small problem with a sink in a bathroom (water did not go as fast as it should). Still everything was sufficiently clean.
- Once there was a line (quite big!) for a breakfast. We waked up early and were among first visitors of the restaurant. But others had to stay quite long. I think, it's a general issue for hotels due to high season in stockholm in july (again - i remember overcrowded sheraton's restaurant).
Final resolution: we liked our stay and next time I will chose the same hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stylish and elegant. Hotel Diplomat is a five star luxury hotel, located on Strandvägen in the city center of Stockholm. Perfectly positioned to explore the green scenery of Djurgården, Karlaplan and the vibrant Stureplan. The unique Art Nouveau palace with stunning views over Nybroviken and Stockholm’s waterfront offers a luxurious hotel experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Southall Travel and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Diplomat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diplomat Hotel Stockholm