“Just the best!”
Review of Grand Hotel

Grand Hotel
Ranked #4 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed 18 August 2012

If you want the best hotel in Stockholm, This is the place to be. Perfect location and very good service. The breakfast is wonderful. Nice spa.
The staff is really helpfull if you need any suggestions of the city.
Really the best

• Stayed: September 2011

Reviewed 16 August 2012

Fine room, sitting area separate - a bit of a walk from the elevators, but it's a big place. Terrific service. Wonderful spa - sauna, cold pool, swimming pool, massage. Not inexpensive! The cheapest rooms with a view are more expensive than the nice rooms without - we had a vista over roofs and such, quite nice but doesn't count as a view for tariff-setting purposes.

Reviewed 16 August 2012

Elegant hotel in very convenient location
Suite is beautifully furnished
Bathroom amenities are luxurious(Molton Brown)
Spa has high quality exercise equipment and a lovely, relaxing pool
The veranda restaurant breakfast is one of the best buffets I have ever eaten, with
Uniquely Swedish dishes like semolina pudding with lingonberry preserves (yummy )
We enjoyed our 2 nights so much!

Room Tip: If you are able, upgrade to a harbor view
1  Thank JH2312
Reviewed 15 August 2012

I am staying at the Grand Hotel Stockholm and have to say I am very disappointed. This is a very expensive leading hotel and I have found the hotel to be a big disappointment! We arrived early in the morning after a cruise and could not get into our room until 3pm. The air conditioning did not work the hand held shower also was broken. We did call them downstairs but it still is not working. When they came to replace our towels they did not even bring a new shower cap or fold the bathrobes. When you are paying over $700 a night you expect a better quality of service. In the morning we left the hotel for a tour and called downstairs to make up our room only to return at 5 pm and find the maid in our room cleaning it then???? The location of the hotel is very good but there are huge street works across the road. I would not stay here again as it is not at all worth the price!!!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 14 August 2012

First off, this place is going to set you back a couple of bucks, as does a lot of everything in Sweden. It is just expensive overall. This is a Leading Hotels of the World, and I am a Leader's Club member, and the majority of my issues have to do with that.
Upon arrival, the exterior is a construction nightmare, but there isn't much the hotel can do about that at the moment. It is a city project in front of the hotel, and it is unfortunate.
As a Leader's Club member, I should be able to check into my room early, if one is available, and one was not.They said they had nothing until 3 p.m. I had to remind the gentleman that I was a member and that I was supposed to get an upgraded room. They had not given me an upgraded room. Supposedley, I got a superior room, but the view was of the opposing courtyard, not the beautiful bay on the good side of the hotel. A true disappointement. The room itseld is nice, but the aulity of the linens and other amenities are nowhere near as nice as other Leading hotels in Europe.
In addition to the upgraded room, the Leader's Club members are supposed to receive a free gift, newspaper, and free breakfast. I received none of these things and had to discuss with the staff on check out that the charge for the breakfast buffet needed to be taken off my bill. As I was exiting down the room corridor, I saw several other rooms with newspapers on the door, so I know this was available.
The rooms are decent and the furniture and quality is nice, but there was mold all around the shower/tub area. This is unacceptable in a 5 star hotel of any quality. I scrubbed at it a bit with a towel to make sure it was easily removable, and it was. Yuck.
The pool area is breathtaking (and inside) and we wanted to use it but it closes at 8 p.m. and we got there at 7:15, and I I felt like the staff really didn't want us to stay, so we just left. They suggested I come back tomorrow when I had more time, but I was only there for one night.
The breakfast buffet is extremely nice and well worth the approximately $35 USD it costs. The traditional smorgasboard at night is also outstanding and worth the price (about $60 USD). Eating out in Sweden is very expensive on the whole, so these prices are reasonable.
Overall, I feel that for this kind of price there are several other properties withinn a short distance of here, that are a much better value, and most of all, if you are a Leader's Club member, it doesn't get you anything but free breakfast. Pass.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shendrix
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Ask for a room with a view. Well worth the price. At all hours of day and night you,re dazzled with this view of water, ships, old town and a myriad of bridges.This grande dame hotel has been spruced up, the rooms renovated. The service is excellent. A great spa on the premises for Swedish massages. Last but not least 2 restaurants with superb food, one casual, the other with a Michelin star or two. Resa a must. The hotel offers the best location intown.

Room Tip: Go for the view
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2012

My husband and I checked in there for one night for a short but intense trip from New York to see my family in Sweden and we stayed there the last night we were there. It was absolute perfection. We didn't book a room with a view and we really just wanted a nice cozy little room to rest after our overnight flight from New York. The room was perfect and extremely comfortable. Although it didn't have a view of the water and palace the window opened onto a view of an ancient building with a beautiful exterior and we loved that. It reminded me of how old Stockholm, the city I grew up in, is. And we could open the window and let in the clean, sweet Stockholm air. But the best thing about it is the service. I had been e-mailing the concierge for months and they helped us arrange a rental car, with pickup and drop off at the hotel. That service was superb and very helpful to us. During this visit we just didn't have time or energy to do a lot of footwork ourselves and it was a real luxury to have the concierge do it all for us. The food is excellent, room service perfect and the hotel is truly beautiful, a feast for the eyes. It's worth every penny. We will stay there again.