“Strange...and even more strange, but still quite pleasing”

Moderna Museet - Stockholm
Book In Advance
More Info
US$28.40*
and up
Stockholm City Hop-On Hop-Off Boat Tour
Ranked #18 of 320 things to do in Stockholm
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I am not very familiar with modern art, but I am open to new experiences and am willing to try most things at least once.
My partner is more interested in modern art and has a bit more knowledge about it than me and together, it was a quite pleasant visit to Moderna Museet.

The different temporary exhibitions are very interesting and especially the garden outside with all the statues, they are my favorite!!

I would probably have enjoyed this more if I knew more about modern art, but it is well documented with information about the different artists and the staff know what they're talking about.

The walk from the city centre to the museum is incredibly beautiful and you will see all the boats that you can take to different islands in the archipelago and you have the Grand Hotel as well, which is very beautiful.

Definitely worth a visit, especially on a rainy day!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,373)

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Hardly any charm in it. Several unrelated exhibitions crammed together, some of them good, some not so good. Unless of course a photo of an egg is art - if so, I don't get it. The restaurant was average, with limited food choices.

1  Thank Lefteris G
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I've been there twice but pretty sure that I will go there again! Especially on friday, because they have happy hours, don't forget your student card or check some special offers like free entrance on Valentyne's day etc. :)

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I have visited the museum a couple of times during recent years but this time I was not impressed. The museum has lost it's charm and need an overhaul. Even the new temporary exhibitions (dance machines and Orozco's on motion) felt strange and didn't fit. I was quite surprised and sad by this. The museum is no longer on the level of New York's MOMA and MONA (in Tasmania).

Reviewed 10 March 2014

When I went, Gabriel Orozco's Natural motion was on display. I found all the works there were very inspiring. Easily the best attraction that I visited in Stockholm. Will probably visit again in the future.