I just left the Scandic, where I've been staying for two nights for business.
From the moment I did the reservations through Hotels.com, the service was very good.
The location of the hotel is excellent, right in the center of the city, and literally right next to the steps of the Arlanda Express that takes you to the airport.
The rooms are a good in size, and the beds, although they may seem simple, are very confortable. WIFI is free during the whole stay, and for as many devices you may need.
The bathroom is a bit small but enough, and the shower is very nice and tidy. As a minus, there is no closet but a rack where you can hang your stuff, making the place a little bit untidy.
Breakfast is absolutely amazing, with a busy and crowded buffet that makes it a delight. The decoration is wonderful, with a NY style setting, different ambiances that communicate with the bar. The choice of breads, cold cuts, pancakes etc is amazing. Please change the juice machine, it's just not up to the standards!
Other minor details:
- Music in the elevator? Too loud.
- Towels should be bigger.
- Snack machine: spoils the view. Somewhere less visible please.
- Guys in the cloakroom, helpful and thorough.
- Very quick check in/out process.
I had my doubts between giving it 4 or 5 stars, but the truth is that my feeling despite minor details is still excellent, and for a price that you wont find a lot in Stockholm.
I'll definitely return for business or pleasure.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Priceline, Scandic Hotels, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Central by Scandic reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scandic Grand Central Hotel Stockholm