“Even the piano could do with a good cleaning”
Review of The Cadier Bar

The Cadier Bar
Ranked #10 of 31 Nightlife in Stockholm
Dublin, Ireland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Even the piano could do with a good cleaning”
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Have you ever thought about the most gaudy bar you could find in a city? And I'm not talking about Abu Dhabi gaudy. Well, if that's what you want, look no further than the Cadier Bar at the Grand. (Or the Dorchester in London - but that's a different review.)

My bestie and I ordered two LIITs and specified "easy on the cola". What arrived was akin to something you would give a thirsty 8 year old for its lunch box. My morning fruit juice has more of a kick.

There is but one word to describe the décor - horrid.  The carpet is tired, the chandeliers are sickening and seem as if fashioned from plastic, and the biggest insult - the varnished, mahogany covered walls (with their ill thought out gilded fleur-de-lys) bring to mind my to mind my grandmother's kitchenette. If you're looking for a hip, trendy Stockholm bar, stay as far away from the Cadier as your Loubs can take you.

Visited April 2012
3 Thank alohomora713

Stockholm, Sweden
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Afternoon Tea”
Reviewed 18 March 2012

My In-laws were visiting us in Sweden for mother’s day in England (mothers day is not the same weekend in Sweden) and we wanted to take them somewhere special. We decided to go for afternoon tea in Stockholm and after a little research decided where better than the Grand Hotel.
I was not exactly sure what to expect but we were not disappointed. Currently there is some construction work on the quay outside which blocks the view of the palace but that did not detract from the overall experience.
Small note: It is advisable to book and they allocate 50% of the tables but if you just turn up then you will soon get one of the other tables which cannot be pre-booked. We were there about 13:30 and left about 15.30 and it was constantly busy with a good atmosphere.
I'm a confirmed tea drinker (not always easy in Sweden) and the large pots of tea just keep coming. The taste is very good and the china cups and saucers a decent size. You can refill as many times as you like and there is an extensive choice of varieties.
After you are settled with the tea then the food arrives. Served on a three tier curate stand with sandwiches on the bottom, scones in the middle and pasties/cakes on the top. The waitress will then ask you if you want to have the food explained to you and i suggest you take this option so you can truly understand the detail that goes into the creation. (May I also recommend the butter cream on the bran scones?)

All in all a very civilized experience in a great location with rich history and 5 star service.

OK it is expensive (what isn’t in Stockholm) but overall well worth it for that special occasion.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Bowler1975
Melbourne
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Good atmosphere and good food”
Reviewed 4 January 2012

We visited The Cadier bar on New Year's day for a treat! It was very busy which might explain the poor service as we were left waiting for our drinks and dessert to be served. Despite this, the food was very good, the atmosphere and location was excellent which means, it is not to be missed!

Visited January 2012
Brussels, Belgium
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Don't miss this place!”
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Situated inside the Grand Hotel, this is a great place to have a drink in a nice atmosphere. Or to have some good food. We wanted to try the Veranda restaurant (also inside the hotel), but it was fully booked. Make a reservation in advance, I am sure it is worth it! Still, The Cadier Bar was a good alternative!

Visited September 2011