“Great exterior!”

Elite Hotel Stockholm Plaza
Ranked #70 of 155 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed 23 October 2010

Elite Hotel Stockholm plaza is a great looking hotel from the outside. Also the public areas are modern and very clean. The room itself wasn't that great but at least it was clean. Bathroom was very outdated, the tiles being maybe from the beginning of 80's. Also the look of the room was a bit 80'ish. But hey, isn't that suppose to be back in style? You also had to keep the curtains over the windows because there was a 24/7 gym right across the street with a direct view to my room.

I only stayed at the hotel for one night and the bed was very comfy. Also the internet connection was free and worked perfectly so I could watch the evening news from back home. It was an old building and the sound proofing was not very good. Therefore you could hear even an conversation from the street (bring earplugs just in case).

Breakfast was ok, but I think I've had better in Sweden. The hotel also lacks a gym so would not be my first choice in the future. Location is excellent being on the Birger Jarlsgatan with good shopping possibilities!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 August 2010

We were in the hotel in Aug 2009 for one day and were very dissapointed. When booking we were attracted by the words "superior double room". On arrival it appeared to be a small ordinary double bed. The air conditioning were directed directly on you, so you cannot escape the wind if not turn the device off. There were no central air conditioning system in our room.
The most unpleasant thing was that walls were dirty, the had traces of hand cream spoilled on them. The hotel staff refused to give us another room telling that there were no free. They did not come to clean walls, they did not even say that they appoligise for this, the manager did not call or write (we wrote our comments for him with our contacts) to appologise for this situation. If you could find another hotel, our advice is- find it, we'll never stay in this one again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2010

This hotel is in the perfect spot for touring the city. It is in the shopping district and a quick walk to the subway. The rooms were very SMALL but once my husband and I figured out oor "flightplan" around the room, it didn't seem so small. The room was very clean even if a bit outdated. Breakfast was great with a nice variety of foods for every taste. I would certainly stay here again just for the location and the price!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2010

My room (316) at this hotel was the dirtiest I have encountered at ANY hotel in
Sweden. There was quite a thick layer of dust on everything (desk, top of
mirror, and even the glass shelf in the bathroom). The staff also felt that I
ought to be made aware that the previous guest had brushed his/her teeth as
there were dried droplets of toothpaste/saliva on the mirror. Finally, there
was long brown hair from a previous guest on the spare toilet roll. There was
some attempt, it seems, to remove some dust off the desk (nowhere else), but the spots on the mirror, and the strand of hair remained in place during my entire 3-night stay. (I thought I would wait to see if the cleaning staff noticed but apparently
this is the level of cleanliness that Elite hotels considers acceptable.

On 2 of the 3 mornings I had breakfast at this hotel the availability of food
was MUCH less than I would have expected based on my experience at other hotels
in Stockholm. This is because the staff allow trays to become entirely empty
before replacing them (and that can take up to 10 minutes or more). The
practice at other hotels seems to be to replenish the trays well before they
become empty.

I would strongly urge potential guests to avoid this hotel and choose instead
the Crystal Plaza which is just a few meters away, or the Birger Jarl. Both are
approximately the same price, cleaner rooms, and more efficiently organised breakfasts..

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank scurtis
Reviewed 27 October 2009

The reception staff were very friendly and the service in the hotel was of a good standard, but the layout (actually finding your room on getting out of a very slow lift) was not easy - the rooms snake around along long corridors and for some reason they thought it would be artistic to put some orange flowers outside the lift (one per vase).

The room itself was clean, the only minor gripe would be about the lighting. In the bathroom particularly it was extremely awkward to shave with shadows coming at you from different directions. The room I was in had a view of an office block opposite which I'm sure can be a source of entertainment for the workers if the curtains aren't drawn.

It is in a good location however, with a supermarket around the corner, and if you're not one who is staying at the hotel for more than sleeping and the breakfast then it's a worthwhile stay.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2009

the location is great, one minute walking distance to the main street; small rooms but clean, comfortable and quiet, huge breakfast with many fresh fruits, salmon, etc.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2009

Yes, the layout of the hotel is odd and confusing at first, but that's because put together two or three old buildings to make a full-service hotel in a great location without ruining the facade. The elevators are small and slow, but the staircases are magnificent, and walking them is good for the heart (and soul). And I'm one who usually sleeps through noise, but the conversations outside the nightclub below my room were loud and annoying until very late.

Nonetheless, I thought this hotel had a lot going for it. The breakfast buffet offers lots of choices and is open long hours, with free newspapers. The location is unbeatable, near shops and restaurants, public transport to and from everywhere, and less than 15 minute walk to the train station and transport hub. My room, though small, was imaginatively laid out and had a great view. And staff must have changed or improved since the previous reviews. I found them helpful.

Probably the best surprise, however, was that the price ended up being LESS than quoted on the internet. At 1600 for weeknights and 950 for weekend nights, the Elite was a bargain. I'm sure prices vary depending on time of year, but I consider that I got a good deal.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business