“Good hotel in handy location”

Mornington Hotel Stockholm City
Ranked #53 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
London, United Kingdom
“Good hotel in handy location”
Reviewed 15 September 2011

I had a single room on the third floor, the room was small but well equipped. The only problem was the wetroom-type arrangement of the bathroom so the whole floor became wet after showering.

Breakfast was good, quite a large selection of items. The staff were friendly but not particularly quick or eager to sort out a problem with my bill. The location is very good, walking distance to the old town, shopping areas and central station.

Overall I'd give this hotel 3.5 if I could, not sure I could stretch to 4 on account of the problems with the bill.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed 14 September 2011

This was our 4th time at Mornington, as we always come to Stockholm for our anniversary. We had a shaky start this time and got given a small room with a shower that flooded because of a blocked drain, but thanks to the brilliant Annelie who works nightshifts at reception, we got upgraded to an executive room, as per our original agreement with the hotel. Annelie was a fantastic staff member and made our stay.
Breakfast is excellent, with generous quantities of everything you wish for, from cheeses, hams and eggs to pancakes, fruit and brownies. On weekends the breakfast was served till 10.30 (as opposed to 9.30 on weekdays). We noticed that on weekends the staff started wrapping things up and removing food at 10.30 on the dot. So go down early if you want to eat breakfast, because it's worth getting up early.
The gym is amazing. I use the gym daily, and I enjoyed a great workout during my stay. The airconditioning is not very strong, so it gets quite hot while on the treadmill. It's the best hotel gym i've ever been to, and i've only stayed in hotels with gyms. There are personal trainers on site as well, but i suppose you have to pay a fee for their service.
There's a computer for guests to access the internet right by the reception desk, which was very convenient for planning our trip to Kolmarden zoo. We didnt bring a laptop this time, so having access to the internet for free was brilliant. The hotel staff were friendly and accommodating.
The cleaners do a good job, but we noticed that they didnt really wipe surfaces. We had a few drinks before going out one night, and the vodka and rum left sticky stains on a few surfaces that didnt get wiped during our stay at all. But the room is very clean, so maybe it was just an oversight.
The beds and duvets are phenomenal. You dont want to get out of bed in the morning. I wonder what brand they are.
FACE products in the bathroom are really good.
There's a hotdog stall right by the hotel that makes amazing hot dogs; give it a try.
The hotel is within walking distance to the centre of town, but there are also a couple of subway stops nearby. The subway is expensive, so it's worth exploring the city on foot - if it's short distances, or it's good to purchase a 72hour travelcard.
All in all, a great stay, and big thanks to Annelie for helping us with our room problem and making our holiday a perfect one.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank EKGK
Uberlandia
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Very good hotel, room, breakfast, employees and location in a very special and beautiful city (one of the most beautiful cities in the world... in summer).

Room Tip: Possible to get there by foot from the central station
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Varberg
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Stayed here a couple of times this spring and really recommend this hotel. If you book well in advance you get a good price compared to other hotels in the sourrondings in the city. Beds are really comfortable and breakfast nice. In walking distance to shopping area and central station. And if you feel like reading the whole lobby is full of books, and also a selection in your room for you to use.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I was very happy with my stay at the Mornington. The gym was great, and I loved that they have a sauna. The rooms are not big, but they are well decorated and big enough for two people. The restaurant was awesome, and very reasonably priced. Every staff person who I encountered was very friendly and helpful. They made my stay really special. Also, you can't beat the location. We walked nearly everywhere, and when necessary we took the T-Bana which is about two minutes down the street. Overall this was one of the best hotel experiences I have had in Europe, and I highly recommend it!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank poesiela
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 6 September 2011

Hotel Mornington had everything we needed, and had it with style. The beds were the softest we've slept on in Europe, the rooms were stylish and colorful, and the breakfast buffet was probably the best we've seen, ever. Solid location within easy walking distance to the tunnelbana and downtown, friendly staff, and good value for the money. Highly recommend!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GrunerVeltiner
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 September 2011

I have stayed with my partner at this hotel and we have just loved it.
The hotel costed £260 for 2 nights and I can only tell you that this was an amazing deal.

The hotel is very well located, and in my opinion, in the best part of Stockholm.
Close to everything, since metro station to the local nightlife. Absolutely amazing customer service and a superb breakfast.

The room was not that big, but I just loved. Super well decorated and the bathroom was super clean. You have also free wi-fi and a massive modern gym.

Maximum score. I wish I could go back soon.

Room Tip: Book via Bookings.com
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends