“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #51 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
New York City, New York
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed 28 October 2012

I just stayed at the Mornington with 2 friends for 4 nights this week. What a great hotel!! First off, the location is perfect. It is situated in a quiet, upscale part of town, near to the subway and about a 15 mins walk from central station. There are several restaurants nearby and great shopping nearby also. For young people, a happening bar is located about 1/4 mile down the street towards the harbor. There is also a nice outdoor square within 2 mins walk with vendors etc.

The front desk staff and housekeeping staff were great. My room was small (probably standard for Europe) and clean. The mattress was amazingly comfortable and I slept well because of this. The heat tended to be on high so opening the window a crack made the temp perfect at night.
The bathroom was small (no tub but that didn't change anything for me) but perfect.

They offer free in-room wifi if you have a laptop or tablet. The breakfast buffet was more than adequate with some hot food choices, cereals, breads, cheeses, fruit, juices, and coffee.

Finally, I think the price was pretty good. I would definitely recommend this place and would absolutely stay here again if I travel to Stockholm.

As a traveler's tip, recognize there is more than 1 Mornington hotel so make sure you tell your cab driver this is the one on Nyborgatan (cabs in stockholm are very expensive!)

Room Tip: there is construction across the street so stay away from there. Otherwise, rooms are great.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank NikG76
Jenny H, Front Office Manager at Mornington Hotel Stockholm City, responded to this review, 30 January 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for all the kind words. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. This makes us proud and gives us energi to keep up the good work.

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I hope you will visit us next time you are in Stockholm.

Jenny

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 27 October 2012

The service, facilities and restaurant at Mornington here were great . The Wifi is free but codes are changed daily They gave us a good map and good intel for restaurants close by. The Breakfast buffet was ample. Employees were all helpful and service minded they even packed us a breakfast to go to take to airport with us.

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor but looked over an alley, rooms were quiet and comfortable
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am glad you took the time to leave your review. Thank you for all the kind words, we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to see you soon again.
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 14 October 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for two days on a business trip.The hotel is close to the business districts and offers quiet rooms.though the rooms are not very large,and the bathroom with marble floors making it very slippery,I was impressed by the decor of the hotel with books all around.the furniture was minimalist in and the overall design simplistic but soothing.entry into the elevator area requires room key access which gives a sense of increased security.Though not a very cheap hotel so may not be the best for a tourist.The breakfast was sumptuous with a wide array of choices available..definitely recommended as a business hotel.

Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to leave your review. All comments are good for us to have the chance to improve our service for the guests.

We hope you will visit us soon again.
Tallinn, Estonia
Reviewed 13 October 2012

I was at Mornington for 2 days on business. The location is a bit north of center but still convenient for most of the city. Check-in was very quick and, though my room was on the first floor, I had no issues with traffic noise because it was toward the back of the building. It seems that most rooms are rather small, but have stylish decoration and the appropriate level of luxury and amenities. I particularly liked the complimentary mineral water that was restocked each morning, the chocolates, and the great assortment of tea. The book theme is very nice, too, and I enjoyed breakfast, which has a considerable assortment of food which is kept hot and is well made. However, breakfast is crowded and the food was exactly the same each morning. Best thing about this hotel: the staff. They were all very polite, friendly, always smiling and really trying to help each guest as much as possible. I would definitely come back here.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank eab2124
Jenny H, Front Office Manager at Mornington Hotel Stockholm City, responded to this review, 22 January 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. Your kind words makes us very happy and proud. We hope to see you soon again. Welcome!

Reviewed 13 October 2012

Nice and clean hotel with friendly serviceminded employees. Just 30 seconds walk from the subway station, or if you prefer: a 10-15 minutes straight line walk to the theatre and inner harbour. Buy a 72 hour pass for SL (wwe.sl.se) and you can travel on all SL buses, trams, tubes and ferrys as much as you like.

• Stayed October 2012
Jenny H, Front Office Manager at Mornington Hotel Stockholm City, responded to this review, 8 January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are so glad for all your nice words. Every day we are working to improve our service and we are glad you appreciated it.

I hope you will stay with us next time you are in Stockholm.

Jenkintown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 October 2012

I stayed here on very short business trip. I arrived late and had to leave early so my experience of the hotel is not very deep.

This is a great hotel in central Stockholm. It is well designed and very tasteful. It has a book theme (libraries in the reception and in the rooms) which is a very nice touch. The rooms were clean and the bed was very comfortable.

Breakfast was quite nice too but since I had to leave early I barely managed to taste much of it.

The free wifi was good, even if it was a bit annoying that I had to keep logging in every time the computer went to sleep.

I cant say much about value for money as it was paid for by the client.

On the whole I can recommend this hotel and I will try to stay here next time I'm in Stockholm.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Dear guest.

Thank you for leaving your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you next time you are in Stockholm. Welcome!

Hemsedal, Norway
Reviewed 6 October 2012

Travelled with my 17 year old daughter for a weekend in Stockholm. Overall the hotel is pretty good, but a couple of disappointing things worth noting;
- Rooms on the first floor suffer from traffic noice as well as pepole walking on the wooden floors above.
- Breakfast Saturday around 10 AM was crazy! To many people, and no thought towards logistics made this a caotic experience
- Halibut in the small restaurant was terrible. Fish was dry and tasteless, broth looked like diswasher-water and tasted nothing.

Nice and friendly people working at the hotel though - good service overall.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the main street on the first floor are noisy.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Didrik67
Jenny H, Front Office Manager at Mornington Hotel Stockholm City, responded to this review, 20 March 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. All comments are good for us to improve our service. Despite the things you liked less I hope to see you here again.