“Clean and great location”

Mornington Hotel Stockholm City
Ranked #49 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
cardiff
“Clean and great location”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights whilst visiting friends in Stockholm.
There's nothing wrong with this hotel but the quirkiness didn't really appeal to me. The room was basic yet clean and functional. We did get a good price (compared to everything else in Stockholm!) so I can't really complain at how small the room was. What did cause issues though was the serious lack of storage. Not one drawer (!!) but a huge desk and bookshelves that just cluttered the room. The bathroom was also an issue (more a wetroom that soaked everywhere through!). The breakfast set up was like a canteen-style-help-yourself, albeit good quality. The location was great for me as friends live in Ostermalm. Would I return, only with a really good deal- I personally prefer the Eden.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank manoloCardiff
hhagman, Hotel Manager Assistant at Mornington Hotel Stockholm City, responded to this review, 29 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments.
We have both smaller and larger rooms with diffrent storage solutions. As we are a businessoriented hotel we have decided to have a working desk in all rooms.
I understand that we can not be the firts choice for everyone but I hope we will have the pleasure to see you again.

Helena

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Spent one night here recently on business, and was truly delighted that I had picked it. Everything about the hotel seems to be carefully thought out in both an individual and overall context, and it makes for a great experience.

The downstairs area comprises the reception, bar, restaurant and seating. The decor is centred around a library theme, which runs right to my personal tastes, and creates a slightly sophisticated ambience without being too overpowering. There is a whiff of the elegance one normally associates with an old London club throughout this place.

The room was quite small, but again, the thought that has evidently gone into the design and decoration of the room almost negates the size aspect. Still enough space to fire off a few emails if necessary, and a small but comfortable bed made this small space much more homely and enjoyable than some larger luxury rooms I've stayed in around the globe.

The location is excellent - a few minutes by taxi from the Central Train Station, and right in the heart of Stockholm. Great options for eating, drinking and sightseeing all within walking distance around the hotel, including what looked like a great wine bar across the street that I still wish I had sampled. Speaking of eating - breakfast is included, or at least it was in our rates (although an early flight meant I sadly could not partake in it).

All in all, I was almost disappointed I could only stay one night - very highly recommended, truly seemed like one of those unexpected gems one discovers every now and then. I definitely intend to return to the Mornington if I find myself in Stockholm again in future.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Wandering_Saffa
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I was not only glad to hear you had a good stay with us but also it was a delight to see that our attention to details was noticeable.
If you have an early flight next time be sure to ask our front desk for a breakfast-to-go bag.

We hope to see you again soon.

Happy New Year!

Koping, Sweden
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Due to delayed flight I had to spend one night in Stockholm. I discovered this hotel by chance as most were already fully booked. The check-in was quite quick and friendly. My room was spacious (could be due to a room for handicap) and seemed it was time for a renovation. A book shelf with over 50 books was a nice thing. Light fixtures certainly needs to be replaced.My room was on one floor up from the street level and I was not exactly disturbed due to the noise but I could hear cars passing by and people yelling past midnight (it was a Friday night). Overall, OK experience but there are better choices nearby.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing courtyard if you want to avoid noise completely.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Sanjay V
hhagman, Hotel Manager Assistant at Mornington Hotel Stockholm City, responded to this review, 8 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, all comments are of value for us as we strive to be as good as we can possible be. We will have a look at the light fixtures and make corrections.

I hope you will concider us again on your next visit to Stockholm.

Regards
New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 November 2013

My colleagues and I stayed at the Mornington in 2 rooms for two days last week. We got great rates through Orbitz. Our rooms were colorful, the included breakfasts were tasty & nutritious (homemade swedish pancakes) and there was ample gathering space in the lobby and cafe. But two things made it really above average--the location and the front desk staff. Its easy walking or cab distance to the places you'll be visiting and the Nybrogatan 38 restaurant across the street is great food and good value. The front desk staff are genuinely the nicest people I've met traveling internationally--they go out of their way to be helpful (printing boarding passes etc). In sum: this hotel is about much more than your bed and room

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank seedsedit
Jenny H, Receptionschef at Mornington Hotel Stockholm City, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review. I am very proud of the front desk staff.

We hope we have the pleasure to see you soon again.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Kind Regards
Jenny
London
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This was our 4th time at Mornington hotel. We stayed in an executive room on the 5th floor, which was modern and spacious. The wet room is a little bit ill designed, as when you have a shower, you flood the bathroom floor. Breakfast is plentiful and on weekends it’s served till 11am. Breakfast used to include a waffle station, which is greatly missed! We got free wifi, which is great, but you have to log in using a different code every day (or everytime you use your computer), which can be tedious.
The hotel staff are very friendly, especially Linda on the front desk, who was exceptionally helpful.

With our executive room, we got a voucher for free coffee and dessert for one evening.
The hotel gym is one of the best hotel gyms I’ve used. The hotel is very central and within walking distance to many Stockholm landmarks. It’s a 20-25 minute walk to the Old Town, and within 2 mins walk to the nearest metro station.
The hotdog kiosk outside the hotel is really good.
There are several food courts in central Stockholm, with K25 being probably the best one.
We booked a cab to take us to the airport from the hotel for 395SEK, approx. £38, not a bad deal.

Room Tip: Book an executive room.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to hear you are a returning guest and that you enjoy your visits to Stockholm.
We hope to see you soon again.

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Me and my husband spent a weekend at Mornington Hotel in the centre of Stockholm.
Very nice atmosphere and nicely decorated. Excellent service, delicious breakfast and lunch, super comfortable beds and silent room towards backyard. Welcoming lounge area with bar and restaurant. We will definitely visit Mornington soon again.

The rooms are small, very small. We could live with that being a couple on weekend trip, but if you're travelling with children I would recommend to ask for a big room.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Annette,

Thank you for your review and for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

We look forward to see you again soon.

Barseback, Sweden
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I have stayed at Mornington for a number of times over the last 5 years. It is a safe bet in that you get a decent room at a very good location. Generally the rates you get are good value for money. Some of the rooms I have been in are quite small although quite well appointed. The lobby area is quite big but not really a place that is inviting enough to want to hang around in. The breakfast I find rather chaotic and resembling a very average smalltown hotel. But, you pay less than you do for a four-star hotel and Mornington is clean, safe and well-managed. Shop around but if you end up here you will do just fine.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Jenny H, Receptionschef at Mornington Hotel Stockholm City, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear Ulf,

Thank you for taking your time to leave a review. We are glad for all the feedback we can get.

I hope you will come back to us soon again.
Jenny