“Nice friendly comfy stay”

Mornington Hotel Stockholm City
Ranked #68 of 155 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed 20 February 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here for a weekend in February. Our flight was initially delayed so we arrived around midnight. 24hr reception so not a problem.
The room was modern for Swedish standards, comfortable bed and all very clean. Breakfast in the morning was included in the room price and very good. As a warning, we found that between 9-10am the restaurant was full (and it's not small) so had to share with other guests... not a big problem though.
Nice and close to a tube line and only a 5minute walk to the water. Situated in the posh residential area called Östermalm
Would definatly look at staying here again on my return to Stockholm

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David D
hhagman, Hotel Manager Assistant at Mornington Hotel Stockholm City, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear David,

Thank you for your review.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would return if you visit Stockholm again.
When the Hotel is fullybooked most guests tend to have breakfast at the same time, so we know that the breakfastroom can be very full at times.

I do hope we will have the pleasure to see you again soon.

Helena

Write a ReviewReviews (1,096)

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Mornington Hotel in Stockholm is superbly located both for business and shopping. The staff is friendly, the hotel is clean, cozy and well designed. The library approach is very homey. Superb breakfast and a well equipped bar! We did not eat at the restaurant, though. Rooms a bit on the small side but prices are not bad. Recommended!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Robin E

Dear Robin,

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your kind words.

I hope you will stay with us again if you return to our beautiful city.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

The great location, library design style, cool gym, tasty breakfast buffet and friendly staff make this place a very good value option for a comfortable stay in the attractive city of Stockholm. It's located in the posh residential area called Östermalm, and only a couple of minutes walk to buses and a subway station. Actually it's walking distance more or less everywhere anyway, since Stockholm city is rather compact after all.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments on TripAdvisor.
I am glad you had a pleasent stay with us and a good Stockholm visit.

If you return to Stockholm I hope we get the pleasure to see you again.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

In this age of blue-print hotels, it is always fun to stay somewhere a bit different. The Mornington is privately-owned, a little quirky and has a good friendly atmosphere. All the staff seemed so positive and agreeable. I stayed on business for three nights. The location is good; close to a metro station; ten blocks away from the new building of the Stockholm Environment Institute (in the old army garrison); and even 15-20 minutes walk away from the Central Station and airport bus terminus. It is a pleasant walk down to the Waterfront and near enough to the Old Town.
Inside the Mornington Hotel, there is a spacious book-lined lobby and lounge. Especially on cold winter days – it was minus 6 Centigrade outside – the place gave an immediate warm feeling. Reception staff smiled – and were helpful with advice. The only negative point is that they do not change foreign currency.
The rooms also have shelves of books. Someone must have had fun raiding charity shops and second-hand bookstores. As I write this is my room at the hotel, I am reading the cover of Robert Jordan’s “The Gathering Storm”. So there is no shortage of reading matter. My room has a comfortable sofa, a good-size working desk and two single beds pushed together. There is a little fridge and a safe. The bathroom is reasonably equipped. The only down-side is that there is nowhere to put your clothes. There is one open hanging rail – but where do I put my knickers? There is one open and very small shelf to display them to all who come into the room. Of the eight of us who stayed at the hotel for the meeting I attended, only one had a cupboard of any sort. That really does need attention – not everyone brings only one set of clothes.
Overall I enjoyed my stay. The breakfast buffet was, as others have noted, really good. I loved the sweet cure marinated herrings; and also the smoked pork slices. There is fast wifi; and it’s free. I would gladly stay again.

Room Tip: If you have clothes to unpack, I suggest you ask for one of the few rooms that have a cupboard for t...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your thougthful and detailed review. It seems you had a very nice stay and enjoyed the athmosphere we work hard on trying to achieve.
Regarding space for clothing, we have rooms with closet space but not all rooms have the same layout and therefor some rooms have just hangers.

I hope we get the pleasure to see you again soon, welcome back!

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Our family of 4 stayed at the Mornington for 4 nights in December, great location, helpful staff and amazing breakfast. We had both a standard and a superior room, if you have large bags book the superior. The hotel lobby and bar is cozy (the massive library helps). The rooms have thoughtful design details, like the double stop on the doors to keep out hallway noise. Only a couple of blocks to the Metro and in the middle of the City. Awesome stay.

Room Tip: If you have more than a carry-on book a superior room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
hhagman, Hotel Manager Assistant at Mornington Hotel Stockholm City, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2014

Dear Steven,

I was very glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your Stockholm visit and your stay with us. Thank you for your review and your comments.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

following a business visit to the city I took the opportunity of a sunny weekend to visit Stockholm and chose the Mornington as my base for the weekend. I found a reasonably priced tiny single room. It was good value for the price of hotels in the city. The breakfast was probably one of the best I have had in the many hotels I have visited. Great variety of products.
When I visited there were some works going on in front of my room but the noise was not too bad. The hotel has a very young feeling and they have some simple elements of design that bring a nice touch. Too bad my room did not include use of the gym! But I took the chance to cycle in the city which probably was best. I strongly suggest to visit Djurgarden and the Rosendals Trädgård on a sunny day!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
hhagman, Hotel Manager Assistant at Mornington Hotel Stockholm City, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear Guest.

Thank you for your comments.

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our wonderful breakfastbuffet. We have have put many hours of work on the buffet to select the best quality products and we also make the jam, musli, pancakes and lots more from scratch.

I hope you visit us again soon.

Welcome back!

Reviewed 1 January 2014

I really enjoyed this hotel, it's a very cosy place, the lobby is very warm with couches and lotts of seats to read a book, have a drink or be on the internet (free). It has a fireplace in the dining room which is set on fire for breakfast, and that's sooooo cool !!
The rooms are small but very cosy and comfortable. The hotel is well located in a neighborhood with lots of shops and restaurants. (try the one just the other side of the street, at number 38 in nybrogatan, very hype place). You can also eat at the market place just a hundred meters in the street.
Nevertheless, I never found the fitness room in the hotel which was supposed to be on the same floor as our room, the 2nd floor.... but I could easily do without it for a short stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Arnaud N

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

I was really glad to hear that you had a great stay . I apologize for the information that the gym is on the 2nd floor, it is located on -2 floors so I understand that it was confusing.

I hope we will see you again soon and than we can make sure you find your way to our fitness center.