“Terrific Breakfast and good central location”

Mornington Hotel Stockholm City
Ranked #69 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Our second time at the Mornington and we were just as impressed. This time we used their car park and it was quite difficult for a Volvo Estate but we managed. Breakfast iwas wonderful, a good choice of food and as much as you could want.
Rooms were clean, beds were great, space and storage were not so great. Staff were nice and I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
hhagman, Hotel Manager Assistant at Mornington Hotel Stockholm City, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words, I was really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope we will see you again soon.

Helena

Write a ReviewReviews (1,124)

Reviewed 10 August 2014

On balance, an excellent hotel:

Really great location.
Very nice rooms and common areas
Excellent security.
Great, free breakfast.
Free Internet service.
Excellent value.
Top (and well priced) restaurant directly across the street: Nybrogatan 38.

What's wrong?

Not much:

No shelf storage for clothes whatsoever.
Truly crappy TV quality and SD despite 16:9 screens
The need to re-register for the Internet every 24 hours for every device - imposed by their provider.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Jenny H, Front Office Manager at Mornington Hotel Stockholm City, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Dear Paul,

Thank you for your review. I am very glad you took your time to leave your comments.

We hope you will choose us again the next time you are visiting Stockholm.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

First impression was quite disappointing since my room was full of different decoration styles and the floor was almost flooding of dust (I had a superior/executive room, 301). The view was also quite boring inner yard.

But slowly everything got better.

The bathroom turned out to be pretty nice. Restaurant was good and waiters seemed to really like their jobs. The gym was one of the best hotel gyms I’ve ever seen (it is also a health club that is open for locals). Also the gym was open from 6am till 11pm. The breakfast was also open till 11am every day which was really nice - being a summer holiday season and all.

I spent couple nights in Mornington and during my visit the hotel room also turned out to have a very practical layout - which is pretty rare thing. Also the room was quiet, so I had a very good sleep there.

So all in all I think Mornington was pretty good quality (200 euros per night is naturally a high price, but nothing special in Stockholm) and next time I want a hotel with a good gym I know what I will choose.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
hhagman, Hotel Manager Assitant at Mornington Hotel Stockholm City, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Perttu,

Thank you for your comments. I am glad that your impression of our hotel improved during your stay although our goal is to make all guests feel heppy from the moment they first make contact with us.
I appreciate your detailed comments and we look forward to see you with us again on your next stockholm visit.

Helena

Reviewed 9 August 2014

The Mornington is a perfectly good hotel in a very good location. A splendid breakfast sets you up for the day. Rooms are clean with comfy beds but lack storage space for clothing. A small set of drawers would help.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GoodisonRome
Jenny H, Front Office Manager at Mornington Hotel Stockholm City, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind review. All comments are good for us, thanks to them we can improve our service. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope you will visit us next time you are in Stockholm.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Bad service, expensive, less then average breakfast.
Rooms under average regarding the price and reviews in websites etc.
Even when your traveling with your company it's bad.
So please choose another hotel, like Diplomat - just 10 min walking distance from Mornington.

Room Tip: Don't go there
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank vonlind
Jenny H, Front Office Manager at Mornington Hotel Stockholm City, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. It is sad you did not liked your stay at our hotel. Please send me an E-mail with more information about your stay to jenny.henriksson@mornington.se

Reviewed 6 August 2014

This is the second time we've stayed at Mornington in Östemalm and we keep coming back. I like the location and the fact it's two minutes from a subway station. Also it's easy walking distance to shops while not being in the middle if the main shops and touristy area. Staff were very accommodating helping with recommendations for a sports massage place among many things. The outdoor terrace is open in summer and it's nice to have breakfast out there. They make a nice cappuccino and have a lovely bar at night. When reception found out we were leaving early in the morning they asked if we would like a breakfast to go as we would miss the buffet. We came down on that morning and the taxi was booked and a nice picnic breakfast roll and fruit was assembled - we helped ourselves to fresh coffee. My only gripe with this hotel is that there is nowhere to unpack your luggage in the room and the bathroom is very small making the room itself slightly awkward. Nice and quiet neighborhood though. The view to the apartment block opposite? Part of the charm. Would suit couple or single traveller or for business.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eddwina

Dear Eddwina,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, all comments are good for us.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope you will choose us again the next time you are visiting Stockholm.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The Mornington Hotel is located just abit outside the usual tourist area of Stockholm, still close enough to walk to the waterfront, most attractions and alot of good restaurants.
The rooms are a reasonable size (by European standards) and the bathroom is a marvel of space utilization.
All is comfortable, it is very quiet and the breakfast is pretty dang good. There is a very wide selection - something for everyone. Just to warn you though, the orange juice is on the counter of the bar, before you get into the breakfast room proper. Not a big deal as you can get your OJ on the way out as well, just a very small point.
The nicest touch is the wide selection of books available - in the lobby AND in the rooms. There are some in just about every language I could see....
Worth the short walks and good value for money - especially when you consider the breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind review. We appreciate that you took the time to write your feedback. I am very glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you will come back soon again.