“Nice hotel, well located.”
Review of Scandic Anglais

Scandic Anglais
Ranked #76 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We stayed here as part of our cruise package with Windstar, so I do not know the price. The hotel had a really, really nice breakfast that I think was included for all guests. Our hotel room was clean, had wood floors, duvets, good pillows and nice reading lights. We opened the large windows to a beautiful park across the street no bugs, a real plus. The room also had a fridge and 110 outlet in the bathroom and a hair dryer. Our bed was 2 twins pushed together, but it worked out fine. It did have limited English speaking TV, but also had lots of paid movie options. The hotel had a small rooftop bar (converted from a guest room), nothing great, but we did have a drink there. The hotel had FACE toiletries - must be good and local) as there were several FACE stores around the city. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 August 2013

As a business traveller I didn't have to worry about the pricing of this hotel too much but if this would have been a personal trip I would have looked for cheaper alternatives. I stayed for one night in a small cabin room which had a 120cm bed and was quite nice. The decor was stylish, the room compact and the wifi fast. You don't necessarily need a password for wifi from the front desk if you log in for 12 hours as a guest. A window would have been nice to bring in some natural light and to keep track of time in case you wake up before your alarm clock.

The breakfast was extensive, one of the best hotel breakfasts that I have ever encountered (though it is common for me to skip breakfasts if I travel for business). The lobby bar is quite ok although this specific early thursday night a bit slow. The location of the hotel is really good.

Really the only complaint about the hotel was a dripping air conditioner(?) in the room which woke me up as I got a water drop on my face in the middle of the night. The dripping wasn't too extensive and I only needed to move my pillow a bit and continue sleeping. Unfortunately I forgot to report the problem as I checked out.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Contemporary hotel well situated in Stockholm. The bar at night has good atmosphere. The rooms are very clean, modern & comfortable. The lobby is very spacious with free wi-fi and is great for casual business meetings.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 August 2013

This hotel is located in central Stockholm. The service was excellent, the room was comfortable, clean and well suited for our needs. We walked to the old town from here and enjoyed the many shops and restaurants. Our cruise ship used this hotel and it was very convenient getting to the ship. We also were ble to watch the soldiers ride by for the daily changing of the guard. There was a gay pride parade that we could view from our window. Good experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

Yes, good location, adequate rooms but dj blasts music until 3:00am on Saturday. Regardless of what floor you are on, this is what you hear. So beware if you choose this otherwise decent hotel. It is not far from most sites and very convenient to restaurants and other sites, in fact you can walk to Gamla Stan from here.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Hello all,
All d other reviewers must have been at the open air night club outside the hotel because I am here at 23:56 and the loud music is keeping me awake . I rang the front desk and i am informed it will finish about 0200 am oh thanks i must have missed that bit on your website when I booked for d weekend.I was then offered earplugs , excuse moi .I have no a/c in d room and d window is shut but this makes no differance.I have never experienced anything like this except for a few noisy neighbours at home but at least they invite you to the party. I just wanted to visit the city with d family and relax not stuff my ears with poly and hope there is not a fire because we wouldn't hear it !
if you value you sleep and rest stay away.

Room Tip: Read the reviews of the hotel. I forgot to read them and just realised others have been unable to sl...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We stayed at the Scandic Anglais in June 2013 for 3 days prior to a Baltic Cruise. The location is fantastic in central Stockholm...lots of shops, cafes, & restaurants. The weather was sunny and beautiful so the cafes were packed with people enjoying the summer weather...very festive. It's an easy walk to all the attractions...we never took a taxi.

Our room was a Jr Suite on the top floor with a nice terrace overlooking the garden and the rooftops of adjacent buildings. The hotel has a cool rooftop terrace with a lively bar scene...we stopped in for a nightcap after dinner...was very enjoyable...a cool, hip, young crowd. The lobby bar was fun too. Breakfast is included in the rate and is served in a nice dining room with large windows to the street scape. Lots of choices for breakfast...a very nice buffet...so nice that we were never hungry for lunch.

Given the price point...we were very pleased with the Scandic Anglais. All of the staff were very efficient, helpful, and accommodating. It was a good choice and a very nice start to our cruise.

Room Tip: Top floor is best.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple