Hey, fancy some massive techno tunes banging through your room into the early hours? Then come to the Scandic Anglais! Yes, you too can pay to stay in a hotel room that fails in the most fundamental respect - i.e. having the qualities that allow you to sleep.
The bar, awash with music at noise levels that wouldn't be out of place in war zone, is, by the way, almost empty - so it's not like the hotel is compensating for lost repeat business from actual paying guests by attracting drinks revenue from techno fans. Apparently we have to put up with this until 2am because the hotel management 'can't tell the food and beverage manager how to run his bar'. Is this establishment run along feudal lines I wonder?
Even if there wasn't a deaf hipster playing his record collection at bowel-troubling volumes in the bar the extractor fans in the bathrooms seem to run constantly and will keep you awake when the techno has died down. At Scandic prices you expect something a bit more. Yes, it *looks* like a hotel, but is *sounds* like student party. Hey Anders Ehrling (President & Chief Executive Officer of Scandic) try sleeping here...
If you must stay, bring earplugs!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you stay at Scandic Anglais, next to the beautiful garden Humlegarden and in the buzzling square Stureplan in central Stockholm, you can enjoy fantastic and simple Italian twisted meals in the restaurant Jamie's Italian and relax in the warm jacuzzi after a hard workout in the well equipped gym. The hotel offers two bars with a wide selection of wine, cocktails and DJ's and during summer time our roof terrace on the 7th floor is open. All rooms at Scandic Anglais features cable TV with plenty of channels, bathroom with shower or bathtub, wooden floors and a refrigerator (exept cabin rooms), which you can make to your own mini bar. Some of the rooms also have balconies. As a hotel guest you have free access to wireless Internet in your room and public areas, and don't forget that the energizing breakfast is always organic and certified by KRAV. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Priceline, Scandic Hotels, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Scandic Anglais reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scandic Anglais Stockholm
- Scandic Anglais Hotel Stockholm