This hotel is 45 minutes from Arlanda airport and offers a fixed price taxi. It is located in the centre, around 10 minutes walk from the large concert house, numerous shops / malls, restaurants and banks. The harbour is also close by and it is ideally situated for a city break.
There is a large reception area with a small shop, bar and restaurant. Check in was relatively quick for me but it can get very busy at peak times. The bar is popular with the locals so it gets busy most nights. The hotel has a modern, boutique style and was very busy. It was quite noisy during the evenings and guests did not appear to show any courtesy to other guests when coming and going.
2 lifts adjacent to the reception area go to all floors with a total of 8 floors for rooms. There can be quite a wait for the lifts at busy times. The key card is used for room access and electricity function via a docking station near the door.
Standard room 530 was small but functional with satellite TV and free Wi-Fi access. It would be OK for 1 person but would be cramped for 2 especially for more than 1 -2 nights. Good size bathroom with walk in shower & complimentary toiletries.
Restaurant serves breakfast Monday to Friday 6.30 – 10.30 and Saturday & Sunday 7.30 to 12.30. It is very busy at weekends, you might have to wait to get a table. Self service buffet style, with a wide choice of hot / cold food and beverages.
Staff were very helpful with any queries and spoke very good English. The hotel offers automatic on line or mobile check out and can pre-book taxi services.
I would recommend this hotel as a good base for a city break and a few nights. Not sure about a longer stay if you want to get any sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you stay at Scandic Anglais, next to the beautiful garden Humlegarden and in the buzzling square Stureplan in central Stockholm, you can enjoy fantastic and simple Italian twisted meals in the restaurant Jamie's Italian and relax in the warm jacuzzi after a hard workout in the well equipped gym. The hotel offers two bars with a wide selection of wine, cocktails and DJ's and during summer time our roof terrace on the 7th floor is open. All rooms at Scandic Anglais features cable TV with plenty of channels, bathroom with shower or bathtub, wooden floors and a refrigerator (exept cabin rooms), which you can make to your own mini bar. Some of the rooms also have balconies. As a hotel guest you have free access to wireless Internet in your room and public areas, and don't forget that the energizing breakfast is always organic and certified by KRAV. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Scandic Hotels, Odigeo, Agoda, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Scandic Anglais reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scandic Anglais Stockholm
- Scandic Anglais Hotel Stockholm