I stayed in the Scandic Anglais in october 2013. Check in and check out were made in a minute. I went from the Central Station (where the Arlanda Express arrives) to the hotel on foot, it was a nice and easy walk, even considering that I had to carry my luggage, since it was sunny and cool. It took me 20 minutes and it was not tiring at all, but you can always use the subway to reach the hotel (however I must say that you'll will have to walk a lot to do the connection between the subway and the train). I stayed in a room with windows, but the view was just ok (I got a room facing the back of the hotel, ask for the rooms facing the library or Stureplan), maybe the basement cabin wouldn't have been a bad choice! However I must say that it was good to open the windows sometimes to let fresh air in, since the weather was great. The breakfast is perfect, everything tastes amazing, it was the best hotel breakfast I had ever had. However, the breakfast room does get very crowded in peak hours, some people have to grab their food and go eat in the bar. So my suggestion is that you wake up early to enjoy the breakfast buffet in a more peaceful environment. The famous weekend happy hour does take place on friday and saturday in the lobby and it attracts lots of locals and guests. However, in my floor, I couldn't listen to the party noise. I spent one night in the bar and it was super fun indeed, one should not miss the Scandic Anglais happy hour! There is also a bar in the roof top, but I'm not sure if it was still open by the time of my stay. The location is also very convenient, I was able to walk the entire city from the hotel. The neighborhood of the hotel is very trendy, there are lots of posh nightclubs, cool cafes and luxury stores in the area and you'll see lots of cool and good-looking young people in the streets therefore. Staff are efficient, polite and good looking (lol), as everyone in Sweden. On my next visit to Stockholm, I'm definitely staying there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you stay at Scandic Anglais, next to the beautiful garden Humlegarden and in the buzzling square Stureplan in central Stockholm, you can enjoy fantastic and simple Italian twisted meals in the restaurant Jamie's Italian and relax in the warm jacuzzi after a hard workout in the well equipped gym. The hotel offers two bars with a wide selection of wine, cocktails and DJ's and during summer time our roof terrace on the 7th floor is open. All rooms at Scandic Anglais features cable TV with plenty of channels, bathroom with shower or bathtub, wooden floors and a refrigerator (exept cabin rooms), which you can make to your own mini bar. Some of the rooms also have balconies. As a hotel guest you have free access to wireless Internet in your room and public areas, and don't forget that the energizing breakfast is always organic and certified by KRAV. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Scandic Hotels, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Scandic Anglais reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scandic Anglais Stockholm
- Scandic Anglais Hotel Stockholm