“Worst service ever received in a 4 star hotel”
Review of Scandic Park

Scandic Park
Ranked #72 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed 2 January 2012

I booked the hotel on the hotel's website and found what I thought was a reasonable offer. I usually don't stay at the Scandic Hotels but thought that it would be okay since it's a large hotel chain in Sweden. Paid the room in full in advance when I made the booking.

Somehow their payment system over the internet was broken and they kept e-mailing me to get back to them so that the payment would go through, even though I had already paid in full with my VISA when I made the reservation. I had to call them on 3 separate occasions to fix their problem, and give them my credit card details over and over again. Which was exactly the same information submitted to them over the internet. They were rude, snooty and very unhelpful.

They kept forwarding my call because nobody wanted to help - even though it was them who contacted me over and over about the payment. They put me on hold for 20 minutes. I was so upset with their poor service I wanted to cancel but my husband called them and then they admitted that it was THEIR payment system that was faulty.

My husband asked for the name and contact information to the hotel manager, because I wanted to make a complaint and can you believe it - they never got back to us with it!! So they wouldn't even accept our complaint. And this was before I even got to stay at the hotel.

I usually stay at the Elite hotels in Sweden and have stayed at Radisson as well. These are large hotel chains, 4-star or above - I have never ever experienced these kind of problems OR such bad service. I don't mind the Scandic chain, but I will surely never stay at the Scandic Park ever again.

We did try the hotel bar on our first night and it was awful, the bartender kept us waiting for 20 minutes and let everybody else order before us. She also broke glasses while working in the bar.

The hotel clerk was also very rude in person, and not just over the phone.

I thought it was truly embarassing!

General information about the hotel:
Scandic Park is sitauted in the Österman neighbourhood. It's not far away from the subway station and bus stations so it's very easy to get there from the central station.

Stayed in a family suite suitable for 3 people, with a sofa bed and 2 beds put together. The room was nice and rather quiet. The interior design was quite modern. You could tell that the bathroom had been recently renovated but only half of it, meaning that they've put new tiles to cover an older plastic carpet.

The breakfast buffet was good, as it always is at the Scandic chain hotels. Can be a bit tricky to get a table though, if you don't get up at 8 o'clock. There was a que from half past 8 to get a table when I stayed there.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank DaraU

Reviewed 29 November 2011

I spent one night only at this hotel and was very pleased with service, a OK buffet breakfast and the hotel is centrally located (5 minutes walk from city centre) . I did book in advance, their cheapest rate, non flexible but still paid £ 156 !. I guess everything in Sweden is quite expensive. There is free wifi in the hotel which makes working in the bedroom or lobby / restaurant / bar quite useful. The bedroom itself was pretty basic, don't expect luxury. There are many Scandic hotels in Sweden and Scandinavia in general so chose your location carefully.

Room Tip: It depends how much you want to pay but some Scnadic hotels offer cheaper rooms with no WINDOWS, not...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 November 2011

The location of this hotel is great. Just across the street from a lovely park and with the subway stop only 100 meters away. Close to shopping, restaurants, and nightlife. We stayed in family room and picked this hotel because of the location and a decent price (for Stockholm). The room was ok, slightly outdated and definately not more than 3-star standard. Staff is friendly, breakfast is nice and the restaurant nice enough for an evening meal if you don't feel like leaving the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 November 2011

It was my first time in Sweden, and I did not know what to expect.
It has been one of the most comfortable stays I have had.
Only I would suggest that the bathroom should be updated a little bit.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 November 2011

I use to stay in this hotel for business. Location is good, hotel rooms quite nice, bathrooms clean but a little old. Very good brakfast.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 19 October 2011

The Scandic Park is situated in a nice part of Stockholm, not very far from the city centre. My room was extremely bland, small and cheap-looking. The furniture is sub-IKEA standard and painted an ugly black and white. The breakfast provision was perfectly fine and the staff were pleasant, if sometimes seemingly distracted, but it must be possible to do much better for the price.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 September 2011

It's a walking disctance to City center, simple rooms, nice breakfast. Don't expect too much. And honestly, I think it's overpriced, it's more a 3-star.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business