“A typical Scandic hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Scandic Park

Scandic Park
Ranked #65 of 158 Hotels in Stockholm
Brokind
“A typical Scandic hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

Staying at a Scandic hotel is very much like going to McDonalds - You now beforehand exactly what it will be like! This hotel is certainly like that. A basic 4 star hotel that is hard to distinguish or remember. Gives you exactly what you expect but nothing more. The breakfast is, as in all Scandic hotels, excellent. The price is high but given the location and the alternatives one can not complain.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Christer L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Bucharest
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

Stayed at this hotel, while on a business trip and I appreciated the close proximity to city center and quiet area. The hotel seems to be located in a residential area, not very far away from downtown (Birger Jarl), no more then 5-10 minutes easy walk. Rooms are fairly large for Stockholm and breakfast buffet is quite good. Hotel includes free Wi-Fi, just ask reception for the code when you check in. Overall, good value for money and good location will probably make me look no further then Scandic Park hotel next time I visit Stockholm.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank razvanl
Trondheim, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

The hotel is nicely located in central Stockholm, with a park and play ground for kids right across the street. We had a family room for 4 persons for 3 nights. The rooms were nice and tidy. Breakfast was included in the price, and excellent with many choices from continental to English style breakfast. We used the possibility for indoor car parking in the basement.I would have no problems of recommending this hotel, and would like to come back myself some day.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Gas2
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2012

but the maid will often come in the room while i was sleeping,i even screamed once because this maid looks scary
otherwise ok hotel

Room Tip: get the rooms witout windows,there you have peace
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Sweden
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

I booked the hotel on the hotel's website and found what I thought was a reasonable offer. I usually don't stay at the Scandic Hotels but thought that it would be okay since it's a large hotel chain in Sweden. Paid the room in full in advance when I made the booking.

Somehow their payment system over the internet was broken and they kept e-mailing me to get back to them so that the payment would go through, even though I had already paid in full with my VISA when I made the reservation. I had to call them on 3 separate occasions to fix their problem, and give them my credit card details over and over again. Which was exactly the same information submitted to them over the internet. They were rude, snooty and very unhelpful.

They kept forwarding my call because nobody wanted to help - even though it was them who contacted me over and over about the payment. They put me on hold for 20 minutes. I was so upset with their poor service I wanted to cancel but my husband called them and then they admitted that it was THEIR payment system that was faulty.

My husband asked for the name and contact information to the hotel manager, because I wanted to make a complaint and can you believe it - they never got back to us with it!! So they wouldn't even accept our complaint. And this was before I even got to stay at the hotel.

I usually stay at the Elite hotels in Sweden and have stayed at Radisson as well. These are large hotel chains, 4-star or above - I have never ever experienced these kind of problems OR such bad service. I don't mind the Scandic chain, but I will surely never stay at the Scandic Park ever again.

We did try the hotel bar on our first night and it was awful, the bartender kept us waiting for 20 minutes and let everybody else order before us. She also broke glasses while working in the bar.

The hotel clerk was also very rude in person, and not just over the phone.

I thought it was truly embarassing!

General information about the hotel:
Scandic Park is sitauted in the Österman neighbourhood. It's not far away from the subway station and bus stations so it's very easy to get there from the central station.

Stayed in a family suite suitable for 3 people, with a sofa bed and 2 beds put together. The room was nice and rather quiet. The interior design was quite modern. You could tell that the bathroom had been recently renovated but only half of it, meaning that they've put new tiles to cover an older plastic carpet.

The breakfast buffet was good, as it always is at the Scandic chain hotels. Can be a bit tricky to get a table though, if you don't get up at 8 o'clock. There was a que from half past 8 to get a table when I stayed there.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank DaraU
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2011

I spent one night only at this hotel and was very pleased with service, a OK buffet breakfast and the hotel is centrally located (5 minutes walk from city centre) . I did book in advance, their cheapest rate, non flexible but still paid £ 156 !. I guess everything in Sweden is quite expensive. There is free wifi in the hotel which makes working in the bedroom or lobby / restaurant / bar quite useful. The bedroom itself was pretty basic, don't expect luxury. There are many Scandic hotels in Sweden and Scandinavia in general so chose your location carefully.

Room Tip: It depends how much you want to pay but some Scnadic hotels offer cheaper rooms with no WINDOWS, not...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2011

The location of this hotel is great. Just across the street from a lovely park and with the subway stop only 100 meters away. Close to shopping, restaurants, and nightlife. We stayed in family room and picked this hotel because of the location and a decent price (for Stockholm). The room was ok, slightly outdated and definately not more than 3-star standard. Staff is friendly, breakfast is nice and the restaurant nice enough for an evening meal if you don't feel like leaving the hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family