“Not bad at all!”

Crystal Plaza Hotel
Ranked #83 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I stayed in this hotel for two weeks on a recent work trip to Stockholm. I had a double room for single occupation and thought it would have been a little on the small side for two, but it was perfect for me. also they did give the room size when I booked, so I can't say I wasn't was prepared. It was tucked away in a corner, but lovely and quiet as it didn't overlook the main road. The bed was very comfortable and the decor was thankfully much simpler than the entrance and corridor would have had me believe! The hotel itself: the staff were all really helpful and friendly and there was a decent variety of products available at breakfast (nothing fancy, but all fresh and good quality). The location was unbeatable: away from the touristy areas, one metro stop away from the central train station, very close to Stureplan and Ostermalm, so excellent for shopping, restaurants and bars, about 10 minutes' walk to Strandvagen for ferries out to the islands and the tram to Djurgarden for sightseeing. And an arthouse cinema next door for rainy evenings. My only complaints were that the wifi was a bit patchy and the bathroom, though clean and well equipped, didn't have anything like enough shelf space/hooks for my liking. But I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

It was a plesent stay, just stayed for one night with my sister. Location of the hotell is really good, right beside Stureplan. Got a dubbelroom in a corner. it was big enough to us. Really nice bathroom, but i dont like carpets on the floor. The restaurant was little, but the breakfast was ok.
Not bad hotel at all.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

The main idea is wonderful! The location was great! The Staff was really helpful,The Breakfast delicious! My single room was ok and as it was subscribed on my reservation, but my friend's one did not have safe-box! The receptionist proposed other single rooms available, but there was not anyone to those rooms! They have to be more careful about cleaning the bathrooms!
Definitely, I will stay there again, if I will visit the town again!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Second time here. Business trip. The second time here is nicer than the first one. This time I got a room at the 5th floor with a larger bed, with a window on the Birger Jarlsgatan instead on the wall of a building. The breakfast is not bad. The price of the room changed depending on the days. For three nights (Saturday, Sunday and Monday) I paid almost 370 euros. The toilet is not big. The room is clean and everyday they clean the room up. Small guarderobe. Moquette. No plugs close to the bed. For the rest is quite ok. Close to the KTH university and there is also the point with city bikes.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 September 2013

In my personal opinion this hotel isn't worth the money. I would rather pay a bit more and get a decent room.
Single rooms are extremely small. Everything around gives seriously worn down impression. Seems like the most recent renovation on the hotel was probably made in the 80s. Rather dirty and unkempt...My stay was mostly disappointment from the beginning to the end.

Good location next to the shopping area and night life. About 25 min walk to the Central station.

I will try a different hotel next time.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

From the main railway station and bus terminal it is not a short walk to the hotel, our flight was delayed so it was quite late at night when we were trecking up and down steps to get there. The nearest T-Bane station is not terribly close either but it's still in the city centre.

The service was friendly and efficient, the hotel seemed a little dated, especially the lift which was a strange experience. The room was small, we took a double on the first floor facing the street, the bed was flush against the wall so we had to climb over each other to get in or out, the desk was slotted in and I had to sit sideways on the toilet. The shower was adequate but I've never liked the wet-room idea and you end up with the floor covered in water.

The breakfast was good, a good selection, only slightly odd with it being in a Chinese restaurant and there being noodles available. The area gets very busy in the evening at the weekend, it seems like quite a party hot-spot and was a little overwhelming when we popped out at night to get some snacks.

We went on to stay at the Hotel Nebo in Copenhagen and this cost more than twice the price and was supposed to be a fairly luxurious weekend before 'slumming it'. I wouldn't say there was any real difference in the hotels so I find it hard to justify the price beyond having breakfast included. The room in Copenhagen was much larger and quieter.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I stayed at the Crystal Plaza for four days/three nights. The staff were really lovely and very helpful and polite but I felt that the rooms were very hit and miss with what they offered.

The day I arrived I found rubbish in the room left from the previous guest - including their Breakfast vouchers, which was quite disappointing.

The mattress in my room was a couple of inches thick and very hard to sleep on. There were no additional pillows available and this made for a very uncomfortable sleep. Whereas friends of mine had thicker and better quality beds in their rooms.

The tiny bathroom in my room flooded every time I used the shower (the doors didn't meet properly). The room was also very noisy at night due to external noise - there are two bars a few doors away from the hotel that play loud music, and a nightclub just across the road too.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road side of the hotel.