“Nightlife meets hotel”
Review of Berns Hotel

Berns Hotel
Ranked #42 of 155 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Absolutely a hip and happening boutique hotel. If you are looking for a good night out with friends then this is the place to be and to stay. The nightlife ambience is definitely felt throughout the hotel. I was unfortunately not impressed thou by the rooms (tired and small) despite changing to another one but the staff was helpful and I give them two thumbs up for that. I highly recommend the breakfast buffet in the majestic dining hall.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Daniel O, Hotel Manager at Berns Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear guest,
thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that you didn't like the rooms. We try to update them ongoing, in order to keep them attractive and stylish. I am happy to hear you liked the breakfast buffet and hope to welcome you back when convenient.
Regards Annika Frisch
Ac. Hotel Manager

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Berns is part of mr and mrs smith hotels, which is a group of smaller boutique type hotels.
Location is A+, fantastic bar and dining area, love the high ceilings and nostalgic atmosphere.
Receptionist very friendly and helpful.
My room was very poor though: very small, and bathroom was even worse. 80's revival with a Sealskin shower curtain..... c'mon guys....I expect that in some kind of shabby 2* hotel in the suburbs....not from a hip hotel in downtown Stockholm.
Bathroom was soaked after every shower due to this curtain. Besides that,space also crowded so every time I moved in the shower I had this filthy sticky curtain on my body.....
Only big downside on this stay therefor the shower and vry cramped room. Price sensible at eur 180 per night, in my opinion

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear guest,
thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We are sorry to hear about the shower and we are looking into a bettter solution right now. Regarding the size of the rooms we offer 5 different sizes. Although this is a boutique hotel and all rooms have their individual style and lay-out so even rooms in the same category might vary a bit. Please let us know next time if you're not happy with the room and we are happy to change it or offer you a larger category.
Welcome back!
Regards Annika Frisch,
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 16 March 2014

We enjoyed our stay here. Stockholm is a treat and so was the hotel. Great room good service and a super start to the day at breakfast. The location is perfect as you can explore the city from this point. I wouldn't go with a family! Downstairs transforms into a club in the evening ( Ibiza style club) the music pumps and is heard in the rooms we could continue to party even after we left the club"............ Mainly because we had no choice!

Room Tip: Any room furthest away from the ground floor............ When the des start yourein for a long night...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Daniel O, Acting Hotel Manager at Berns Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear guest,

I apologize that we failed to fulfill your expectations during your stay with us. We always try to be clear, both during booking and over check in, of the fact that Berns is a popular entertainment destination that is centrally located. We have clearly failed to do so in this instance and I can thus only apologize once again.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Stayed four nights this week on a business trip which is second time for me?
No complaints nice breakfast, rooms clean and comfortable but very small with a poorly designed bay window / blind that has to be wound down with the help of a handle ? Very strange.
It seems that this hotel can't make its mind up whether it is a Hotel, Night club, bar or something that looks like a set from ' Strictly'
Can be noises until 2 or 3 am so light sleepers beware

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for your comments. We always try to be clear, both during booking and over check in, of the fact that during the weekends Berns is a popular entertainment destination that is centrally located. However, during the weekdays we are also a frequently visited hotel for both leisure and business travellers. The nightclub is only open during Fridays and Saturdays and if you state that you would like to have a quiet room we are now able to offer that too. I can only apologize for not being clear about this and hope to welcome you back again within shortly.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

I had a lovely time at this hotel, albeit short. I was in Stockholm for a business trip and this hotel was very close to where I needed to be in the city. The lobby is very stylish and the reception staff was very friendly and helpful. The location obviously has a history as the hotel is in a lovely old building that's dated back to the mid 1800's. The room itself was very small, and I mean VERY small, but this was fine for me. It was nicely decorated with a skylight window. Kind of reminded me of staying in a small stylish cabin on a cruise ship for some reason. The bathroom was done up in marble and I think the floor was heated. The shower area was in a wet room style. Water did get everywhere, but it dried up quickly. Shower water pressure was really powerful and great. Had room service and man, was it tasty. Recommend the dim-sum - try them all, and the prawns in tempura batter. Absolutely delicious. Very quick as well.

My only complaint was the bed was strange. It was a thin pad on top of a bigger box mattress. Comfortable enough, just that the sheets didn't match up to the mattress and I found I woke up in a mess of sheets all tangled up. Another issue was they came to get the dishes outside the room at 3am which woke me up. This is the only reason this hotel didn't get an excellent.

I recommend having the breakfast buffet in the morning and eat in the grand dining area. It has the feel of a very special place with it's large chandeliers and lovely view of the square next to the hotel.

Definitely will be back and I'll go again for a longer stay and bring a friend!

Room Tip: If you're traveling alone I recommend the little room - it's fun and cosy!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
thank you for your review and I am happy to hear that you had a good stay with us. We have a selection of 5 different categories of our rooms, all in various shapes and sizes. Being a boutiquehotel with a long and rich history, all rooms has their own style and lay-out. All of the rooms has been refurbished last year and a part of that was changing the linen. Unfortunately the delivery time of 4 months means that it wasn't in place during your stay but now it is. We have changed the routines for tray pick-up so our guests wouldn't be disturbed by it.
We hope to welcome you back soon to see if you like our improvements.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

I stayed at Berns in Stockholm for 2 nights in January, 2014 and was greeted warmly.
The reception staff were always very helpful. I am from Australia and found a few things different but, the reception staff were wonderfully helpful. Breakfast was a treat and as i sat in the breakfast room downstairs looking out upon the surroundings snow started to fall..It was like a fairyland. just beautiful.

We dined at the Bistro on the first night and the fish was excellent. Being sensitive to certain foods the Bistro staff were very willing to give me what i could have and still enjoy a most lovely meal.
The wine was excellent as well. On the day of my departure my friends and i enjoyed the buffet
brunch. I cannot wait to go back.

Room Tip: whenever booking i advise to explain what you would like, to suit your purpose of visit. Business or...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,
thank you for writing your comment on TripAdvisor. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and are looking forward to welcoming you back. The buffet brunch is now served all weekends apart from the summer.

Kind regards

Reviewed 21 January 2014

We passed a night in the xx before making our way up north for Christmas. My single room was as masterpiece of design. Ok so it wasn't terribly big, and being a single room, it had a single bed, but everything had been nicely thought through and put together. Every fixture and fitting from the side lamp to the minibar was satisfyingly well executed. Oh wait, it was windier than a Himalayan summit at the time of my stay and the hotel is crested with a small army of flagpoles whose flags whipped around noisily in the breeze. That was the only fly in the ointment from a design perspective. The room had an unusual window with which had panes facing both skywards and towards neighbouring offices.

Pictures of the grand hall speak for themselves - It's a feast for the eyes. I didn't
dine in the hotel, but the breakfast had a great selection. All in all a very pleasant experience.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear guest,

we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Berns Hotel. We have now taken the flags down and are considering moving the poles to another place, not to disturb our guests. Thanks for pointing it out to us and we hope to welcome you back soon again.

Kind regards