“Great Location! Adequate service for a 4 star hotel!”

Hilton Stockholm Slussen
Ranked #47 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This hotel's location is just perfect for exploring all of Stockholm. First, it is in the northern tip Sodermalm, just a few minutes walking distance from SoFo (restaurants, bars, night life, etc). If is a 2 minute block to Gamla Stan (the historic island) were you will find culinary jewels like Mathias Dahlgren, many shops as well as the Royal Castle. It is a 2 minutes walk from the Ferry to Djugarden (the island were you find Grana Lund (amusement park), Nordic Museum, The Vasa (Old Sunken Ship) Museum, Skansen (the Family park showcasing typical Swedish life) and many other interesting museums such as the ABBA museum and the Absolute Vodka Museum (The Spirit Museum). It is 1 minute from the subway station and 2 stations away from the central station (T-Centralen).

My only complaint would be the tiny pillows (they immediately brought 2 extra ones when I called) and a rather uncomfortable bed; surely not the heavenly bed from Westin Hotels. The service was very good but a bit sluggish (definitely not 5 stars or Leading Hotel of the World). I stayed at a King Executive Room which was very nice. The Executive lounge serves free soft drinks, beers and spirits in the afternoon as well as a very nice breakfast and afternoon happy hour snacks. The hotel's restaurant was outstanding and the bar was a very happening place until the late hours. I was at the 3rd floor and the bar's music could still be minimally heard at the room which did not bother me but may bother certain people who are light sleepers.

Would stay at the Hilton Stockholm Slussen again if I had the opportunity and would recommend it for any of my friends traveling to Stockholm as long as they do not have any lower back conditions I which case I would probably advise the Westin!

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Hilton Slussen has a great location. The Old Town (Gamla Stan) is just a couple of minutes from the Hotel (walking). There is a "taxi boat" stop as well.
The rooms are very clean and the service is excellent.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Our room was smallish but efficiently arranged!!! The bathroom was well laid out and the shower had the best water-flow of the 7 hotels we used during the trip. As many positive things as we can say about the room and the staff are eclipsed by the AWESOME buffet breakfast. The gastronomical needs of any and every culture are satisfied here-- I can only say, I wish I could eat more!!!

Reviewed 27 July 2013

I usually don't write reviews, but the Hotel Stockholm Slussen was such a pleasant experience, I had to share it. I stopped there going to and from a Baltic Sea Cruise. The rooms were immaculately clean, the hotel staff was courteous and helpful. When I got off the ship at 9:30 a.m. and went to the hotel, the room was available! I didn't have to check my bags at the concierge and wait until 3:00 p.m. The cab drivers they summoned were on-time and efficient. It is situated right between old and new Stockholm with a railway station nearby. If you need a place to stay in Stockholm, it is recommended.

Room Tip: Book early. I also pre-paid.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank John Z
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We decided to go last minute to Stockholm, our research suggested that this was in our budget and nice hotel. Upon reaching the central station from Arlanda airport we walked with our strolley bags. (taxis are expensive in Stockholm and this is around 1.5Km) Through the historic Gamla Stan u can see Hilton and the room we got was without view as we thought no point paying extra as we will be enjoying this view while eating at restaurants et al. Even then as all will say Sweeden is expensive! Our walk-in rate was good as I quickly checked few websites and hotel was offering a better one.

Nice clean rooms, small although. Breakfast is additional and we took it. Only grudge is that for 5 days it was the same spread. Hilton must address this issue. Staff was polite and conversant in English as with most Swedes. In spite of it being close to a freeway there is no noise at all inside the rooms which is great. Once u open windows u will realise that Hilton has done a great job of sound proofing.

Eken the bar and restaurant of Hilton is a great place to spend the evenings. They are open till 1am everyday and 3am on weekends. Wow!!! The prices are fairly priced for any of other restaurants that one will go to at Gamla Stan so go ahead and spend an evening here without thinking it is Hilton so will be expensive.

In room dining too is good and reasonably priced. The wines are decent in the restaurant. If you are driving then parking is expensive at over 300 kr. per day.

The museum is across the street, Gamla Stan is 5 minute walk, ferry is across, Slussen underground station is across the street. Fotografiska and other such places are at walkable distance and am a lazy person!

Am not sure whether there are discounts evern in Sweeden and even after that how much will it be for but we will surely stay here again.

Room Tip: See if u can get to negotiate for a room with a view. Otherwise ask for ones at higher floors.
3  Thank Mir Amer H
Reviewed 26 July 2013

The hotel is in a great location and the staff couldn't do enough for us. We were on the Executive Floor and had wonderful breakfast and the Happy Hour with cocktails and very high end snacks was a good way to wind day after a day of sightseeing.

Room Tip: We got a prepaid great price on the executive floor with a nice view of the old town.
1  Thank Olicia
Reviewed 24 July 2013

My wife & I stayed at the Slussen Hilton for 2 night & it was wonderful. We travelled from the UK by Norwegian Air the did a quick 40 minute coach journey to Stockholm Central, at SEK 99 per person that was a bargain, (Flygbussarna). Then a quick 2 stop ride on the tube & you are at Slussen, turn right at the tube exit and 100 metres down the hill is the Hilton.
Check in was swift & painless, (thank you Julia) & I was given the option to upgrade to Executive room with a view for SEK 300 a night, bargain, especially when we got access to the Executive lounge, (first time). The room was great & exceptionally clean with superb views of the bay, I'm afraid we must have looked a bit simple on the first day as we walked around with big smiles on our face. The sleep was great that night with very comfortable beds & aircon which in the heat was wonderful. The Executive lounge was great with nibbles & soft drinks nearly all day & then added afternoon tea AT 3PM, followed by bigger nibbles & alcohol at 6pm, this I didn't expect so it was brilliant, obviously some people had been in the Executive room before & thought they could speak to the staff how they wished & were basically downright rude but you get them everywhere. The fact that I could get the odd soft drink or piece of fruit for me was fantastic especially as the cost outside in the centre was expensive if you are used to UK prices, (pint of beer £6 / normal Pizza £16) The lady responsible for topping up food & drink during our stay was wonderful, pleasant, accommodating & had the most infectious smile ever, in fact every single member of staff at this hotel should be commended for what seemed to me to be over and above the call of duty attention to detail. Well done Hilton Slussen, I would not hesitate to stay at another Hiton & particularly look forward to returning to you in the future.

Room Tip: You will not be disappointed with a room with a view.
2  Thank Troy S