“Nice Location”

Hilton Stockholm Slussen
Ranked #48 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This Hilton hotel location is just perfect, 10 min walking to stroll the old town (gamla stan)
Near subway
Room : is a bit outdated when I asked to get a refurbished room the front office ask me to pay more
Bereakfast was pretty nice though
Overall i would not mind to stay there again as the price also affordable in Swedish standard

Room Tip: There is a Hotdog stand just across the street , the hotdod is really nice
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Hélène O, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Stockholm Slussen, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to tahnk you for choosing to stay at Hilton Stockholm when you visiyed Stcokholm last summer and for posting your review of us on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the closeness to the Old town and it is with pleasure I can inform you that all our hotel rooms have now lately been renovated.

I do hope to one day be able to welcome you to Hilton Stcokholm Slussen.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

As part of my mother's, mother's friend's, my mother in law's, and my galavant around Europe and Russia, we stayed here for one night. It's a fine hotel. The rooms are pretty small but adequate. We ate dinner in the hotel bar after a long day of sightseeing and had Swedish meatballs. The service was outstanding; the prices very high (but usual for this part of the world).

The location is a solid 10 minute walk from Gamla Stan (the old town and city center) so my mother, who has bad knees, could only walk it one way (and it took her 30 mins) then we had to cab it back to the hotel.

Prices were reasonable for the rooms. The breakfast, albeit expensive, was extensive. But no potatoes! I've never seen that in a hotel breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank KrisCF

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor after your recent visit with us at Hilton Stockholm Slussen.

It is a pleasure to find that you overall had a nice stay with us and that you got the chance to try our homemade meatballs in our hotel bar. I am as well very glad that you enjoyed the great service provided by our staff and the location near by the Old town. I do hope that the walk was not too inconvenient for your mother.

Hopefully will I one day be able to welcome you back to Hilton Stcokholm Slussen.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I arrived to the hotel and after waiting more than 20 minutes to check in, and another 20 minutes to find my reservation, I found out that my room was downgraded because the hotel was overbooked.
We were sent to a shoe box with a horrible mattress. The closet was for baby clothes, we couldn't even hung our jackets, for real, I am not making it up! We couldn't sleep that night, the mattress was so wore out that your body will roll to the center of the bed and on top of that you had to move constantly to find a spot where the springs will not stab you.
It was so bad that a 2 am I had to call reception to let them know how bad it was. Their answer was that the hotel was newly renovated and the mattresses were all new. When I told the night manager that the mattress was not new, then he told me well, we changed them all 18 months. I couldn't wait until the next day to leave that property.
I will never stay there again

4  Thank Laura M

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Stcokholm Slussen when recently visited Stcokholm and for taking your time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

I get very sad to learn that your stay was not to your comfort. We have taken your words to us and will have them in consideration to improve on the points raised. Should you one day want to come back, please contact the hotel directly for us to be sure to allocate you a room for your convenience.

I still hope to one day be able to welocme you back to Hilton Stockholm Slussen.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Stayed here at the end of May with my wife for the marathon.

Great location, easy to access from the underground system. Booked in advance quiet room and dinner on the Friday evening. Hotel staff throughout are helpful and friendly. Hotel is situated over 3 buildings but very easy to access.

Room was fantastic, spacious and as requested quiet. Breakfast is very good, excellent choice and great views.

Our meal in the restaurant was amazing and the desserts were the best both my wife and myself had ever had. The description on the menu did not do them justice.

The hotel bar has a tremendous atmosphere and the DJ on the Saturday night was on great form - try the bar you will love the atmosphere.

Overall our room was clean, the sitting area gave the room a new dimension and the bath was just what i needed after the race. My wife tells me the gym is one of the best she has ever used in an hotel.

The whole experience added to our Stockholm marathon experience and the closeness of the underground meant the whole city was easilly accessible.

A great experience at a superb hotel - highly recommended

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room on 8th floor
3  Thank KevM16

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us at Hilton Stcokholm Slussen when visiting Stockholm during marathon and for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

It is such a pleasure to read your nice feedback about us and I can assure you that I have shared all your kind words to the different departments concerned.

I do hope to be able to welcome you back to Hilton Stockholm Slussen in a near future.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Recently my wife and I spent the night at this wonderful hotel before boarding a cruise ship
To head out to the Baltic Sea . The hotel has a bar and outside nightclub. Unfortunately our
room was right above the nightclub. We music went on nonstop to the early morning.
We might have saved a few hundred dollars and stayed in a youth hostel. We called the
front desk and they offered to bring up ear plugs! Told them we already had ear plugs and
a sound machine and it still wasn't enough. Think the room number was 1025.

2  Thank tombob7

Dear Guest,

First of all I would liek to thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Stockholm Slussen when you recently visited Stockholm and for taking your time to share your review on Trip Advisor.

I highly regret that you were not completely comfortable due to music from the bar. Of course should our hotel guests not be affected and we will certainly be attentive to this in the future to make sure that the sound level is convenient for all our guests.

I still hope to one day be able to welcome you back to Hilton Stockholm Slussen.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

This hotel is well situated, about equal walking distances of a few minutes from the historical centre and the newere shopping malls.
The nrooms are well sized and very clean and well kept. The wi-fi is free

1  Thank Dodger52

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing Hilton Stockholm Slussen during your visit in Stockholm and for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed staying with us and that you appreciated teh location of the hotel, the standard and cleanliness of your room as well as the free wifi internet.

I do hope to soon again be able to welocme you to Hilton Stockholm Slussen.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

The room was very small by US standards (with a marble bathroom--this seems to be a big deal in Europe). But the location of the hotel is outstanding--within walking distance of the old town of Stockholm--and the service was superb. The staff knocked themselves out to be helpful, giving suggestions for walking through Gamla Stan. The breakfast (even with a Hilton Honors discount) seemed expensive so we opted out, but there was tea and coffee in the room so we managed fine. We had a lovely stay, and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Some rooms are quieter than others. Luckily we had one that did not face the roads and was very pea...
2  Thank Susan M
Hélène O, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Stockholm Slussen, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for writing this review on Trip Advisor after staying with us at Hilton Stockholm Slussen when visiting Stockholm.

I am delighted to find that you had a lovely stay with us and that you were so well helped by our great staff.

Regarding the rooms, our hotel has different room types with various sizes and views so please contact the hotel directly if you one day would return to us. It would be our pleasure to assist you with your queries.

Concerning your comment of the breakfast being pricey, we are actually in the same price line in comparison to other hotel buffets with the equal standard here in Stockholm, where our guests can eat as much as they want from the buffet that contains a big variety of different food options.

I do hope to one day be able to welcome you to Hilton Stockholm Slussen.