I stayed at Scandic Foresta for 4 nights, I was attending a work meeting which was held there. The hotel is not in the city center, and you need to cross a bridge by bus and take the metro to get to the city center, so i wouldn't recommend it for people wanting to see Stockholm in a couple of days. Rooms are very spacious (got a double room although staying alone), but some of them have a view over the industrial harbour, not that nice. Hotel is quite expensive, I wouldn't have chosen it for myself on a trip. It seemed like they had many meeting/conferences held there at the same time, and they are very well prepared to attend the needs of such meetings, taking into account rooms, coffee breaks etc. Breakfast is served in a nice room overlooking the surrounding waters (and harbour), and is the typical generous Scandic breakfast buffet.
There are trains crossing the bridge every now and then, and you can actually hear them quite well even at night, so that's a minus point for the room comfort. Room was very comfortable, bathroom very basic but ok.
The rates are very high, and although Stockholm is an expensive city I think the Scandic Foresta is overpriced...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The impressive Scandic Foresta hotel is located on Lidingo island in Stockholm's central archipelago, only 15 minutes from Stockholm city centre.The Scandic Foresta hotel lets you explore both Stockholm and the charming Lidingo island. Lidingo offers great opportunities for outdoor activities throughout the year. Enjoy walking, biking, a round of golf or head into the city centre to experience all that Stockholm has to offer. Don't miss a visit to neighbouring Millesgarden, the home and art gallery of the famous artist Carl Milles.Scandic Foresta has been an important meeting place since 1910 when Wilhelmina Shogh first opened the doors to her castle on the cliff. At the Scandic Foresta hotel you can arrange a meeting or conference in one of our 13 meeting rooms, or plan an event in the castle turret. In the evening you're welcome to enjoy a delicious dinner in our hotel restaurant, with views over Stockholm and its waters. At the hotel you can also enjoy our lobby bar, shop and gym as well as free access to wireless internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Scandic Hotels, Booking.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Scandic Foresta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scandic Foresta Stockholm
- Scandic Foresta Hotel Stockholm
- Best Western Sweden
- Stockholm Best Western