“cozy hotel in a nice surrounding”

Stallmastaregarden Hotel
Ranked #63 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed 18 August 2013

The hotel has a very warm and cosy atmosphere. The service staff is very friendly and supportive.The restaurant offers excellent food. Try the Swedish delcatesses and the catch of the day. The breakfast buffet is also remarkable. If the weather permits, you can have your breakfats or dinner on the terrace overlooking a beautiful lake.
A tip: The Swedish Crown Princess and her family are living nearby. You may see them when you are jogging in the park next to the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a lakeview room
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 3 August 2013

Just 2 km away from the city center we found a place that could transform in a dream any kind of travel experience but especially some days past in a big city.
Incredibly in the middle of nature overlooking a magnificent small lake just considering the location could not be missed if you love nature.
But in addition to that you find a small luxury hotel with all amenities, but expecially with an atmosphere of an old swedish farm put on the edge of the lake.
All parts of hotel are beatiful, starting from the rooms. Also the standard rooms, not too big, have a precise character, with marble bathroom and touch of colours mixed to black and white tiles and a country taste.
The restaurant has a rustic but elegant appearance inside and a terrace overlooking the shining lake you cannot miss in the summer nights. Quality of the food is absolutely in line with the ambiance, high level swedish food, enough expensive.
Other common areas of the structure are so cozy and tasteful you cannot resist to record on a photo or video.
The service level is very good.
At the end you are rounded by some very nice paths running alla round the lake, offering the perspective of beatiful activities especially in the sunny days and at early morning.
The only constraint is that you have to use bus to reach some parts of the city center or subway walking for something more than 500 meters.
But the environment and in general the atmosphere are fantastic and also the price, in the standard of Stockolm hotel offer, is affordable, especially catching some offers on the web.
A real dream in the urban landscape.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lionitaly
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

I like to add a few tips about this place.

We stayed here with my wife and daughter for a long weekend and we loved every second of it. Because of our daughter we had to take a deluxe room to fit the extra bed. And reading these reviews I'm happy we did. We had a picture perfect view out of our rusticly well decorated room with supercomfy beds and very nice bathroom, which was important as I was travelling with women. We had direct access to the garden which was ideal for sitting and reading newspapers in the afternoon and we got everything we needed from the hotel. So we got all the relaxation we came for. But, in fact, on the side of the standard rooms there is in fact a construction site that will probably never go away. the restaurant is not good, but there are several excellent options just around the corner. I recommend doden i grytanon Norrtullsgatan. So to sum up:

Do's:
1. get a deluxe room or better
2. Take a walk in haga park, or Bellevue park for the sunset.
3. Read a newspaper in the garden.

Dont's:

1. Eat at the restaurant (except for breakfast, the breakfast is excellent)
2. Don't let the construction site bother you.
3. Don't get a standard room, because then it will.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Was in Stockholm for a couple of nights for a business trip and my local colleagues advised staying at this place- which i have to say i find difficult say and indeed even type! The location is a bit of a curious mix in that it is set in nice gardens and on a lake - my room had a lake view by the way - but on the other side there is a motorway and what looks like a constructions site! The interior of the hotel is pretty traditional and the rooms a little basic, but I have to say I liked it as it has genuine character. Impeccably well kept as well and with friendly and courteous service - bar staff also tolerated a bit of late night drinking by me and some colleagues as well with good humour! Next time in Stockholm I'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: Definitely try and face the lake.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Gary H
Reviewed 13 June 2013

My wife and I stayed there for a long weekend and we loved it. We had a nice duplex room, which was quiet and clean, the breakfast was large and dinner was lovely. Attentive staff and good service. We'd go back anytime.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank J M
Reviewed 1 June 2013

I stayed at Stallmästergården for 4 days and was very pleased with all aspects of the stay. Very competent, pleasant, and helpful staff, and a very fine restaurant. I had a room on the courtyard, which was quiet and comfortable. The hotel is within walking distance of the airport bus stop (45 minutes to Arlanda) and busses to central Stockholm. Getting downtown by the No. 2 bus took about 15-20 minutes. One side of the hotel faces a lovely park and bay; the other side very busy highways. I did not hear noise from the roads from the room I had. If you like a traditional Swedish hotel, this is a good choice. I attended a conference nearby, so the location was perfect for me. If you are visiting as a tourist, you have a commute to the major sites.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 May 2013

By any standard this hotel is very well appointed, but it's location gives it a split personality. On the one hand it is set next to a lake and parkland with lovely views and walks. On the other hand, it is located next to a large construction site in the opposite direction. Now if you manage to look to the lake and park all the time you are in one world but if your gaze changes you are in another. Aside from this, the construction works make it very difficult to find unless you know the area and once you know it is easy. Unfortunately, I took the bus (which I recommend from the Airport) but got slightly lost. Despite being next a footbridge I was directed to, the receptionist was incapable of giving directions to the hotel and I ended up taking a taxi, which then proceeded to get lost and run up a SEK 150 fare for what turned out to be a 200 metre distance. You have been warned - take a map and clear directions and you will be okay. I would suggest the hotel needs to give this attention because at the end of a long journey this is not the best start to a stay. Nevertheless, the hotel is very comfortable and well furnished, albeit the restaurant is overpriced (like most in Stockholm). Would I return? Most definitely. Now where did I put my map!

Room Tip: get clear directions to the hotel
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple