Stallmastaregarden Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Hansson(Stockholm)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsroyal parkmajor roadmorning runantique furniturebusy roadairport buskarolinska institutehistoric hotelconstruction sitecity centreswedish foodrecommend this hotellovely hotelbeautiful parkbusiness tripnice atmosphererooms are comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Think about your grandma's house, how that makes you feel welcomed and comfortable: that is exactly it! Clean ( the vacuum the rooms every day! ), cozy, great garden, great location ( walking distance from downtown, in the middle of a park). One of the few places where parking is free is Stockholm!
The staff is friendly, the breakfast is nice. Laundry service is fast and effective.
There is a restaurant in the hotel, probably a very good one, always full. The park outside is beautiful, there is a lovely inside garden.

• Stayed: June 2014
Stallmastaregarden, Chef at Stallmastaregarden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for the kind Words, I am happy and proud that you enjoyed the stay with us

Sunny greetings from Stockholm

Reviewed 22 June 2014

The hotel is just 3km from the Old Town, which is just a nice 30-45 min walk (you can take Norrtulsgattan Rd and then Drottninggatan Rd). The taxi to the airport coach station or city centre is approx 150-200SK. It is located in close vicinity of the Royal Park Haga. It thus offers perfect views, perfect walks. Take a book, go to the waterfront, take a seat and relax.Wow, what a place! The rooms are comfortable and well insulated from the outside noise.The service is impeccable. The Staff supportive and always with a smile on their faces. The breakfast is delicious and you can choose from a variety of dishes and juices. The restaurant also offers very good lunches and dinners! You sometimes need to book a table, as it can be fully booked. Lots of posivitive comments here from my side but they deserve it. I will have good memories of Stockholm thanks to this place.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Franeczka
Stallmastaregarden, Chef at Stallmastaregarden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you for the kind words. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, I do agree that our location is fantastic in the Royal Hagapark o the lakeside of Brunnsviken. I will gladly share your comments about our staff to them. Please come back for more good memories in ther future

a warm and friendly thank you.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

This hotel is in the Nortull area, north to the city center. it's a wonderful place, just on the side of a small lake and a park. It's elegant and warm, it's quite and relaxing. The rooms are classics, larges with all the confort that you need. Everything is always clean. The breakfast is huge with many choices, from salty to sweet. You can find different kind of "ham", eggs, sausages, cheeses, salmon, herrings, croissants, bread, fruit, yogurt, juices, teas. it's 10 to 15 minutes walking to the center and about 5 minutes walking to Odenplan metro station.

Room Tip: If you need dark to sleep well, expecially during summertime when the hours of light are many, it's better to bring a sleeping mask because, like tradition of the nordic area, you only have curtains and the light enters.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your positive comments. I am happy that you enjoyed our breakfast, I would say it is the best in Stockholm ;) We just renovated our hotelrooms and im glad you enjoyed the comfort we provide. We hope to welcome you back soon again for a nother relaxing stay at Stallmästaregården

a warm summer thank you.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I fell in love with the place once I steped into the lobby. Whomever they had as an interior designer did a great job. The rustic charme of what the hotel used to be was merged with modern interior furniture, all kept in warm, subtle colours. The hotel is right at a park and a lake, with nice views particularly from the breakfast room. Some of the rooms face the hotel garden. My room faced the street, but the windows are sound proof (and I could open them, contrary to another Review on this site) and I was not bothered. Breakfast is great, particularly if you are into healthy items to start the day. They also have a little terrace facing the lake, and I have seen this being used by guests of the restaurant in the evening.
The personel is super-friendly and efficient. I thoroughly enjoyed my visit, and would come back in a second.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Stefan S

It easy to fall in love with Stallmästaregården, is it not? I do agree that the contrast between the modern and the rustic is well done by our designers. It gives me the feeling of visiting my family at home, where all generations have brought there part to make it a home. I will gladly forward your comments about our staff to them.

Welcome back to Stockholm and Stallmästaregården soon again

Reviewed 14 May 2014

This hotel is the perfect location to choose if you are visiting the Karolinska Hospitals or Institute, as it is just a short walk away. It is situated on the bank of a beautiful lake, part of the very beautiful and famous Haga Park.

Breakfast was plentiful, and apparently the food in the rated restaurant is really good, but very pricey unfortunately. The room I stayed in had sattelite TV, free wifi, an iron and ironing board. The bathroom was luxurious with very nice smelling toiletries. Forgot my toothbrush, and staff were happy to get me one.

Only negative was that it was still very cold, and the heating is centrally controlled, so no way to turn it up in individual rooms. The down duvet I had was warm enough though!

Highly recommend walking alongside the lake and in the park. The centre of Stockholm is easily reached, as the bus stops are a short walk away. Even the underground is easily reached, perhaps only a 15 minute slow walk away. The airport shuttle bus Flygbussarna has a stop right nearby to the hotel, so it is easily reached from Arlanda airport as well.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Hooda5

Thank you for the kind words. I do agree that the duvet covers are warm and cosy, when the rooms are a bit chilly due to the changeing outside. Of course you shouldnt have to be cold in your room, we are working on solving this untill the next cold season. We are located in an old building, and proud to be the oldest inn in Stockholm. Hope you will come back to us soon again to enjoy the summer in the Royal Hagapark

warm greetings from Stockholm