“Ice cold in Alex!”
Review of Hotel C Stockholm

Hotel C Stockholm
Ranked #36 of 155 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed 8 February 2012

This is only a review of the ice bar which we went to in September 2011.

A great experience (we even took our 4 year old daughter).

However suggest you make sure that you visit at a busy time as when we went (a week day afternoon) it was dead!

So prebook at a traditionally busy time and you should be okay!

Loved the cocktails served out of ice blocks though.

Would recommend if you have not done one before but I would imagine done one, you have done them all!

• Stayed: September 2011
Lotta S, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel C Stockholm, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2012

Dear Guest,

Nice to hear that you appreciate your visit in the Icebar, it’s really unique!
The Ice bar switch themes every year so when you come back next time you're guaranteed a new experience!

Charlotta Svedberg

Write a ReviewReviews (2,732)

Reviewed 4 February 2012

This hotel have obviously shaped up. Stayed here 4-5 years ago, and was a bit disappointed then with the standard of the rooms. This time, I got to stay in a black and white spacious room with modern design.

It was decently clean with comfortable beds.

It's a perfect location close to the city center, Arlanda Express, metro and train station.

The Ice Bar, located in the hotel, is fun to try, but once is enough.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and nice that you appreciated our newly renovated rooms.
Next time is probably our new restaurant and lobby completed.
I hope to welcome you back again!

Best regards,

Reviewed 30 January 2012

Ok, the location of this place is outstanding when it comes to public transport, right next to the main train station, where also the underground has a major junction, as well as the speed train to Stockholm/Arlanda airport. The Ice-bar in the entrance hall is also cool, but this is were the scoring goes down for me. The room I had was a cabin without windows, and completely without any sound-proof insulation as it seem. Every step in the corridor could easily be registered, also during the night, as the bed is 50 cm from the door... It is small (which was not a problem for me), great quality bed, strange photographic wall paper of Old Town of Stockholm in 360 deg angle. Furniture oversized, since the door to the bath could not be opened more than 40 deg. For the price of 1400 SEK for one night, this place is overpriced in my view.

Room Tip: Go for a room with a window at the end of the corridor.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Lotta S, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel C Stockholm, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback after your stay with us. I am aware that the cabin rooms are quite small but they are great demand if you are looking for a room in the city center at a good price. We will of course check the furniture!

I hope to welcome you back and to try another room category!

Best regards,
Lotta Svedberg

Reviewed 27 January 2012

Excellent service, perfect location next to the central station, good breakfast, and also home to the Stockholm Ice Bar, which is always worth a visit. Rooms are very small, but clean and very well equipped. Free Wi-Fi, big television, smart bathroom and very good bed. Seems expensive, but that might just be Sweden.

• Stayed: January 2012

Dear Guest,
I am so happy to read your assessment of the hotel, thanks for sharing it with us!
Hope to welcome you back again!

Lotta

Reviewed 7 January 2012

I usually stay at this hotel when on business trips to Stockholm. It has a very good location close to the train station and the airport train as well. The hotel and the rooms are to be renovated and you can see why. It is not bad at all but it is more a 3,7 star hotel than a 4+ so to speak. However the staff is great, there is a very good breakfast, there is free wireless internet and the prices is usually very competitive. The rooms are clean and the hotel host the famous "Absolut Ice Bar" in the lobby. There is an entry for the Ice Bar to be paid and it is very popular among tourists.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Lotta S, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel C Stockholm, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feed back and nice to hear that you stay with us often.
The rooms are being renovated at the moment and we plan to be completed by April.
I hope to welcome you back to stay in some of the new rooms soon!

Reviewed 1 January 2012

I like this hotel!
It is just in front of you when you arrived in stockholm with Arlanda express, the most convenient way to visit stockholm. I found it very nice because I traveled with my family, and do not need to walk for another 5 or 10 minutes with the heavy bags from the airport.
The hotel is newly furbished. It feels cozy when I entering the room. Clean and comfortable for sure! The room also have wifi access and its FREE!
I got breakfast included in my hotel price and the food was excellent. If I may suggest to put label on each food so we know whats in the food (for allergic and religion reason).
Too bad I have no chance to visit Ice bar because its closed due to christmas holiday, hopefully we will one day :)

Room Tip: You can contact the personnel before you visit the hotel, and he will make sure your trip will be va...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Utamie
Lotta S, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel C Stockholm, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2012

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your nice review after visiting us in January, It was very enjoyable read!
I agree with you, the location is perfect near the Airport Train and also in the city center.
Hope you will be back soon!

Charlotta

Reviewed 12 December 2011

I was not expecting much from this hotel, but, to my surprise, I found this hotel so good that I can not just forget my stay in this hotel. I was on a business trip in stockholm and was overwhelmed with the quality and the ambience of this hotel. And, the most striking is the ICE BAR. Wow, what a great atmosphere.
Would love to come back and stay at this hotel, any time.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Sanjaypkothari

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experiences after your stay with us, it was very nice to read.
Please let me know if you plan to come back, it would be nice to meet you!

Lotta