“Tiny duvet!”
Review of Hotel C Stockholm

Hotel C Stockholm
Ranked #36 of 155 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Good location, but took a bit of finding as I walked through to the main sttaion first, rather than using the Arlanda Express exit - and there are no signs to it! But nice hotel, with usual good breakfast. Wouldn't stay here with my wife though - the duvet was only just wide enough to cover one person, didn't even get to the edges of the (double) bed! Unless a single duvet was provided because there was only me in the room? Also, the wifi didn't work on the 7th floor.

Room Tip: An external room gets a view of the city, not the inner court!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank thebin16
SthlmNordicHotels, Supervisor at Hotel C Stockholm, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Hi!

Thank you for writing. I'm sorry to hear that you had some trouble finding us and that you found our duvets too small.

If you ever return, please let us know that you wish an extra or bigger duvet.

Hope to see you back at Nordic C Hotel soon again, so that we can show our newly renovated lobby.

Philip Persson, Nordic C Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (2,732)

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I made a late reservation and knew beforehand that I would get the tiny room without windows. But I was just fine with it! It was nice and cosy with a big bed and cool wallpaper!

Breakfast was very nice too with Swedish small pancakes ("plättar") as the most interesting dish (for me, at least!). Apart from that, the ususal stuff was served.

Superb location - you can't get any closer than to the city centre than this!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Stina_Uppsala

Hi Stina,

Thank you for writing your review and for letting the world know that our express rooms does the trick.

Hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

I stay in the express room with no window. The room is big enough for one person but will be too crowded for two. Location is superb. Next to Arlanda express and easy to walk to all attraction. My only complain is that both sink and shower drain very slow.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
SthlmNordicHotels, Supervisor at Hotel C Stockholm, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Hi Noon,

Thanks for your review!

I'm happy that you tried an express room and you are right when you say that the room might be to small for two people.

Our wifi is great and will soon be even better with higher bandwidth.

Sorry for the slow drain. Action will be taken to improve in this matter.

Hope to see you soon again and thanks you for writing your review.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

The good :- Breakfast/staff/location
The bad :- renovation work / noise from outside

Having always wanted to go to Stockholm and stay here I was disappointed, like the below reviewer renovation work in reception spoils the first impression and I was not made aware of it before my arrival (even thou I had booked the hotel on a pre paid rate back in 2013 to get it cheaper).
Opted for a larger room with a window, and we were lucky to have good weather so on the top floor it was windows open to get air in, but during the night, EVERY night being on the side of the hotel we were awaken at 5am most mornings with what I can only say were delivery trucks reversing down the side of the hotel (room 752) if this was for the renovations I'm surprised the hotel could not arrange them at a better time, then on the last night something was going on at 1.15AM - the worse thing is the hotel is next to central station and none of this noise was train related.
This is why I'm only giving the hotel 3 out of 5 as a score....lets hope its gets better soon because....

On a positive note the hotel is ideally situated by central station and is a very short walk from the Arlanda express terminal , and just a short walk to T-Bann station or walk to Gamla Stan in the old town....plenty of food options around and coffee shops.
The breakfast was vast for a european "included" breakfast and meant you can get a good start to the day.
Free wifi in the room, 1 free PC in reception ideal for checking in for the flight home, nice showers with good quality gel. all what you expect - but that first impression lasts sadly and that is renovation in reception !

Also the name is changing, from Nordic Sea to Nordic C - does it really need the name change - you decide.....
Would I go back ? maybe - but i would expect a lot more than what I got for the price - otherwise I'm afraid I'd stay elsewhere

Room Tip: Don't have a room on top floor in summer if you want windows open and not at the side by station...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank boeingAde
SthlmNordicHotels, Supervisor at Hotel C Stockholm, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Hi!

First of all, thank you for taking your time to write your review of the hotel. That is more appreciated than you might think.

We can only apologize for not being clear enough regarding the renovation. It is not ok to be woken up at 5 am by trucks, and we will make sure that our deliveries won't affect our guests in the future - at least that early in the morning.

Hotels depend a lot on the first impression and we didn't do that good in your case unfortunately. I can only hope that you will give us another chance so that we'll be able to show you the new lobby which will be ready by the end of the summer. The Icebar will be moved to a more suitable place within the hotel and another restaurant will be added for your ease and comfort.

We are changing the name because of several factors, but one of them (this is a big one) is that many guests ask us for a room fronting the harbour (Sea = harbour, or at least soemthing "beachy" in many guests minds), which we really cannot offer at all. The C will now stand for something more urban and modern, which we believe will fit our profile perfectly.

Once again, thank you for being straight forward in your review. We all hope to see you soon again!

Philip Persson, Supervisor

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Booked this hotel at the last minute and got a very good deal. If I would have payed the usual rate I would have been rather unhappy. I have stayed in much nicer hotels in Stockholm within the same price range and would not choose to stay here again.

The hotel's location is great, near the Central Station and city center. But that is the only great thing about this hotel. The room was small and quite dull. The breakfast buffet was okay but nothing extraordinary. The breakfast premises (two different floors when we were there) were not very nice. The down stairs breakfast room felt like a school canteen and the one on the 1st floor felt dark and dreary.

The hotel underwent renovation work when we were there which of course lowered the overall impression. Because of the renovation work the lobby felt dark and boring.

There is nothing majorly wrong with the hotel but nothing is really great either. I've stayed at much better hotels in Stockholm within this price range and this just doesn't seem like a four star establishment to me.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Jennifer,

Thank you for writing a honest and well-written review!

I'm sorry to hear that you felt that the hotel gave you a dull impression. This is not our ambition. Our ambition is to make you as a guest feel overwhelmed and happy with our care and services.

The still ongoing renovation of course, as you wrote, makes this a bit harder, but I can only wish that you'll try us again. The new lobby and our new restaurant (ready in late summer) will add another dimension to our hotel.

Thank you for writing and take care!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

When it comes to location, Nordic Sea Hotel outplays all other hotels in the district because it is exactly the first thing you see outside Arlanda Express station; 3 minutes of walking and you are at the T-Centralen (Central Station).

Nordic Sea Hotel is not as chic as its sister hotel Nordic Light, which is in the opposite, but the room is minimal, clean and very cosy. The rooms aren't big but you are comfortable enough to move around. I think mine was a Standard room and it has all the basic things you need, though you may have to ask at the reception for dental kits. I really like the selection of eco amenities. The breakfast place looks like a canteen but the variety of dishes is great!

Super friendly staff - I must mention.

And you don't want to miss the Absolut Ice Bar!

Among all the heartiest thing is its endeavour to be eco-friendly and sustainably chic. and it is a living example to prove hospitality doesn't have to go against the environment. For instance there is no door bell in the room - which makes sense because the room is not so big that you can't hear if someone knocks at your door. All lights in the room are LED. There is a very stylish 'in-room magazine' explaining the ethics of using towels and it encourages guests to go out running (so the lack of a gym doesn't seem disadvantageous at all).

All in all I just love the stay!

Room Tip: There are rooms without windows - better make sure as you check in.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Hi Ren,

Thank you is all I can say after reading your review. What you are describing in the text is a perfect example of how we want things to be at Nordic C Hotel.

Thanks you for choosing us and remember that you are welcome back whenever you feel for is - even if it's just for a coffee!

Take care in your lovely Hong Kong!

Philip Persson, Supervisor

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

I'll be quick. The 1st advantage is location next to Arlanda Express, so if you arrived by plane, extremely handy. Big choice of dishes on breakfast. Friendly and helpful staff. And of course ice bar in hotel, which is local attractions. And new designer rooms. I guess, we shall stay here the next time.

Hi Alexandr,

Thank you for writing! It was a delight to read your review.

You are welcome back at any time you want.

Take care!