“Location, location, location”
Review of Hotel C Stockholm

Hotel C Stockholm
Ranked #35 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We recently spent two nights at the Nordic C and can recommend the property. Originally we booked one of the rooms without a window but on arrival found that it was just too small for two people. Rooms range in size from 8 to 10 sq metres and unfortunately ours was 8 sq metres. Although it would have been perfect for one person the position of the bed (abutting three walls) just did not work for us. The cheerful staff at reception were understanding and we were able to upgrade to a (much) larger room with window at a very reasonable cost. Location is brilliant - central station, Arland Express at the door and trams/buses/hop on hop off bus within five minute walk. Breakfast was included in our rate and was very good. Unfortunately we were unable to try the Ice Bar as it was being rebuilt during our stay. The construction did not inconvenience us however it pretty much closed down the lobby. Given the awful cost of hotels (and most things) in Stockholm, the Nordic C represents good value

Room Tip: Rooms without windows are good and surprisingly not claustrophobic. However do not go on the picture...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
SthlmNordicHotels, Supervisor at Hotel C Stockholm, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Hi,

Thank you for making a review regardning Nordic C Hotel. It was very well-written and was a pleasure to read.

We're happy that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you here soon again.

If (when) you return, please contact us if you have any preferences!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Just got back from 4 nights in the Nordic C. To start with, check in was quick and simple with friendly staff who spoke good English. The room was small but cosy with a Swedish twist on modern design. The bathroom was also very modern looking with an excellent shower and complimentary toiletries!! The breakfast in the morning had a great selection on offer: croissants, various breads, fruit, yogurt, hot selection and plenty more, including traditional Swedish delicacies. The hotel itself is in a prime location. Situated almost directly next to the arlanda express train to the airport and only a two minute walk to the main city. I would definitely revisit the Nordic C. What a great hotel, with a modern IKEA-Swedish feel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Charlotte T
SthlmNordicHotels, Supervisor at Hotel C Stockholm, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Hi Charlotte,

Thanks for writing! It was wonderful to read that you liked Nordic C Hotel.

Will we have you back soon? You are always more than welcome!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 13 July 2014

It was OK, but they should consider doing something about the insane noise while rebuilding part of the hotel. Its difficult to enjoy your breakfast with loud hammering and vacuuming in the background. Halt the construction during breakfast, put up something to reduce the noise or close down the hotel for awhile until done with all construction.

It was so noisy that when in the lobby checking in and out I had to get very close to the receptionist for him/her to hear what I was saying.

Not only the noise, but because of the construction going on there was no place to just sit down and chat, relax in the hotel except from in the room.

I'm glad I got a discount through Coop. Otherwise I would have asked for a discount from the hotel.

And maybe its just me, but paying 394 a night for parking is too much I think. I expected some kind of fee, but one that high I was not prepared for.

That said the breakfast is good, much to choose between and the rooms are pretty and very clean. The service is good. It is also very central. Free wi-fi is never wrong (strange how they did now tell me about that during check-in, I found out because I overheard someone asking them about it).

I recommend this hotel, but suggest waiting until they are done with constructions and while they are in the middle of constructions I suggest checking out their neighboor Nordic Light hotel.

Room Tip: Suggest asking for a room on the top floor and on the side facing the street, great view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Hi!

Thank you for writing your review. It was very interesting to read.

I can only apologize regarding the awful noice of our reconstruction. It will soon be over...

I am however glad to read that you enjoyed the service given and the breakfast.

All reviews are equally important, even if we're getting critique here. So thank you again for writing and we can only hope that you will come back when the property is in its finished state. You are more than welcome!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Just spent 2 nights in the room with no window and had an excellent stay. Every staff member I spoke with was friendly and ready to help.Rooms comfy, clean and had everything I needed.Location great (about 30 seconds from the Arlanda Express & also write next to airport bus (for a cheaper option to/from airports) breakfast was really nice and I really liked the different options like Oat milk ! Yep breakfast room can get busy but they are in the process of re-building reception & restaurant.Def stay here again and Stockholm is really really beautiful !

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank fran15111
SthlmNordicHotels, Supervisor at Hotel C Stockholm, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear Fran,

Thank you for writing on our behalf. I was a pleasure to read!

We are very happy that you liked our service and enjoyed our express room.

I will let the breakfast staff know that they did a good job, and we hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I picked this hotel out as it was near the train station. I didn't realise how near and it was brilliant when I got off the train from the airport and came out of the side gate to see the sign for Nordic C. Quite a relief that I didn't have to hunt around as I was travelling on my own and cannot speak a word of Swedish. This latter point proved not to be a problem at all. The desk staff were near native English speakers and were very helpful in advising on bus / tram travel routes. It is a large hotel and you don't realise how may people are staying there until you come down for breakfast in the morning and the dining area is vast. There's a good mix of hot and cold food in a buffet-style breakfast. There was free wifi thoughout and I think I had one of the slightly larger double rooms than the cheapest so it was a decent size (up on the 4th floor). It was expensive though. I paid ~ £170 per night but to be honest it was about the going rate as Stockholm is an expensive city.The ice bar is in the foyer and it looked as though they were refurbishing the hotel ground floor so they had melted the ice and I didn't get to try out the ice bar. I stayed at the hotel for 4 nights and had a lovely time and it was a good base from which to explore and nice to come back to after a long day.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
SthlmNordicHotels, Supervisor at Hotel C Stockholm, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Hi!

Many thanks for your fine review.

Our location is of course one of our main advantages but our staff and facilities are also worth mentioning - like you did. So thank you very, very much!

We, the staff of Nordic C Hotel, all hope to see you soon again. You are always welcome back.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Great hotel right next to the train and bus station but not so close to be noisy !! staff were wonderful and very helpful when I wasn't well and as for the breakfast...AMAZING !!! For the price we paid we thought this was our best buy in Stockholm !! with everything else being expensive we thought this was great value for money. Would thoroughly recommend.

Room Tip: Don't have an express room...they have no windows !!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
SthlmNordicHotels, Supervisor at Hotel C Stockholm, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Hi!

It's wonderful to read that you found value in your stay with us and that you felt well-treated. That is why we go to work every day, to make you feel like at home.

We all hope to see you soon again and thank you for your kind review.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We took a risk (largely thanks to other TripAdvisor reviews) and stayed in the rooms with no windows - and they were absolutely fine.

We stayed for 3 nights in July and at the tail end of a 3 week vacation... we were two friends who had got along fabulously and still decided to go with the cheaper rooms and get separate rooms - and it was a great decision.

The room is small but the ceiling is all lights and the walls are papered with Stockholm landscapes and the space is a square with the bed taking just over half of the room and leaving the other half for a low cabined with space on top for your suitcase, a little chair, a full-length mirror and still some floor space for a second bag (if you have one), shoes, shopping bags, etc.

The bathroom is a fairly standard size - also a bit of a little square - so neither the bedroom or bathroom feels claustrophobic. You do basically have to sit / lie in bed to watch the tv but it's a decent size and mounted on the wall - and the headboard of the bed is a little shelf as well for your alarm clock, purse, water bottle, etc.

The breakfast was also a very pleasant surprise - it was included in our room charge and much more than cereal and yogurt - there are several hot dishes, great selections of cold-cuts / cheeses and fresh bread and fruit every day. The service is average.

The location is within walking distance of several sights (shopping is close, as well as the subway and hop-on / hop-off bus, IKEA shuttle for those who want to visit the largest store in the world, the airport express and the Central Station. The Ice Bar is literally in the same building (although you have to go outside and walk around the corner to the entrance) and Gamla Stan is about a 20 minute easy walk with one turn along the way so it's hard to get lost ;)

Check-in / check-out were both easy processes. There is construction happening in the main floor / lobby but I didn't hear anything on the second floor where my room was.

For anyone staying here after a cruise - it's worth looking into the hop-on / hop-off buses as some of them can be used to card you and your suitcase from the cruise ship terminal to within a couple of blocks of the hotel - it can be a very cost effective investment.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
SthlmNordicHotels, Supervisor at Hotel C Stockholm, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Hi,

Thank you for a wonderful review. I believe that your description of our express rooms is spot on.

I can only hope that you will come back and see the result of all the construction work. It is going to be fantastic...

We all at Nordic C Hotel wish you a great day!