“Great location”
Review of Hotel C Stockholm

Hotel C Stockholm
Ranked #36 of 155 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This was my second time in this hotel and I booked this time based on the pleasant experience I had last time at Nordic C. I did not pay attention that my booking was for a windowless room so our room was really really small and we did not come back to the room during the day unless for sleep/ shower... but putting this aside, the location of the hotel is excellent and the staff are really helpful and friendly, very good breakfast was included and we enjoyed that a lot. I will definitely will come back but will never book a windowless room :)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
SthlmNordicHotels, Supervisor at Hotel C Stockholm, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Hi!

Thank you for writing. It was really interesting to read.

We offer several different room categories, so I would advise everybody to double check their reservations before arriving at any hotel.

Some find it very easy to relax in a windowless room - and some find it more difficult. I am however glad that you liked the location and the given service.

You are welcome back at any time and all of us at Nordic C Hotel wish you a pleasant day.

Philip Persson, Nordic C Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (2,731)

Reviewed 29 July 2014

This hotel is very conveniently located close to main train station.
The entrance hall and breakfast room are currently under construction. This is a very big drawback since it kills the atmosphere of the hotel and the room used for breakfast is not only overcrowded but also horrible.
The hotel rooms are ok but of cheap design.
The bathroom we had was in need of an update.
Cleanliness was between average and bad.
Service from the front desk was efficient and courteous.
All in all I can't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ZurichChrisG

Hi!

Thamk you for your honest review. We are remodelling the lobby, as you already know, and I am truely sorry that it interfered with your stay.

As I read your comment, I realised that we haven't reached the service level that we want to achive in your case. I am sorry about this.

I would like get get in contact with you, so if you have the possibility, send an email to: philip.persson@nordichotels.se

Thnak you again for your honest review.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I pre-paid and got a great rate for my 1night stay in Stockholm. You see the hotel as soon as you step out of the Arlanda Express Station. Its just a few steps away so it was perfect for me since I had an early flight. Staff were very helpful and friendly, and had breakfast waiting for me to take away for my 5:00 check out. I had a windowless room. It was clean and functional and I liked the environmentaly friendly bath products provided by the hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank squigglyski

Hi,

Thank you for your positive review. It was a delight to read.

We hope to see you here soon again, you're always welcome.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights in July. Given that this is apparently a 4 star hotel, I was surprised at some of the things in the hotel. For instance rooms do not have air conditioning and only a small window is capable of opening. This means the rooms are incredibly warm and stuffy. Reception arranged a fan but that is no real substitute. Rooms are very small and they have lovely murals of scenes from Stockholm but the storage space is limited and there is nothing to pass for a bedside table.

The hotel has great free wifi. Breakfast is included but it is understaffed at peak hours for clearing tables and replenishing. Prepare for very loud hammering and drilling whilst having breakfast.

Overall this is a clean, superbly located hotel for a good price but despite that, I still wouldn't stay here again in a busy hot period.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank RegularTravellerMatt

Hi,

Thank you for writing your review.

We are, as you already experianced, making renovations in the lower parts of the hotel. This do affect the breakfast area and sometimes the rooms during some parts of the day.

I am very sorry that you felt that the noice was too much and that you thought the room was too small and hot. A fan is not always the best alternative, but when the weather gets as hot as it has this summer, our dear house has trouble holding the temp down in the rooms.

We all do hope that you will give us another shot, so that we can show the result of the noice.

Please take great care, and once again, thank you for your honest and well-written review.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I was at Nordic C for 3 nights in a spacious and well-equipped room. I was lucky because as I arrived late in the afternoon they upgraded me to a bigger room.
Breakfast room was quite crowded, but with enough space for everyone. A big selection of food.
The location is the best. Especially if you need to catch the Arlanda Express (30 meters away from the front door) for a trip to Arlanda airport, once the taxis are quite expensive and take more time than the express train.
Down at the Lobby floor you can experience a visit to the Ice Bar.
If you go to Stockhlm in the Summer you must not miss the sunrise at 3 in the morning. It never gets really dark.
I highly recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
SthlmNordicHotels, Supervisor at Hotel C Stockholm, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Hi Andrea!

Thank you for posting your review. It is very appreciated!

I'm glad to hear that you like our location and the service we provided. The lenght of our daytime is long in the summer but the other way around in the winter. So yeah, it's a good idea to take every moment to enjoy the sunlight!

You are always welcome back and we all wish you a pleasant day.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We have been to the Nordic C (on previous trips the Nordic Sea) on three previous occasions, and we were concerned about first impressions during our recent visit. We were used to a bustling lobby, but, when we arrived, most of the lobby was under construction, and we checked in at two temporary looking stations. The trappings of construction equipment were everywhere, and there was little activity on the Sunday night of our arrival. We checked in to our Superior Double, which was a small room on the second floor where the ventilation system wasn't working well. It was the smallest room we'd had on any of our visits, but when we asked if there was anything that could be done, we were quickly upgraded to a bigger, breezy room on a higher floor.

Our room was spacious and well-equipped. We had plenty of storage, and we welcomed the size of the room, since our four nights at the Nordic C were our last nights after three and a half weeks in Europe. We had plenty of room to pull things together. I wasn't quite sure why we had a K-Cup type coffee maker but no coffee. That might have been a nice treat when we woke at 4:30 to enjoy the lovely summer morning light in Stockholm.

By our second day at Nordic C the crowds had returned, and the breakfast room was crowded. The staff had posted an advisory about when to visit the breakfast room, and I'm not sure that it helped. Visit very early or very late, and you'll find somewhere to sit and still have fine breakfast food. Visit during the suggested moderate time (as, it seems, most occupants of the hotel have chosen to do), and the place is packed.

The Ice Bar is currently packed off at the rear of the hotel, and at this point there is a separate entrance for the Ice Bar, so it was out of sight and out of mind. We have enjoyed it in the past, although the newly compressed front lobby would not have been able to handle the evening crowd.

Our start was shaky, but our overall experience at the Nordic C was still excellent. The staff, previously helpful but somewhat reserved, is now decked out in less formal wear, and they have become more relaxed and personable. The location is still unbeatable, especially if you need to catch the Arlanda Express (30 meters away from the front door) for an early trip to Arlanda. We may miss the aquarium (it will, after all, be the Nordic C (for City) rather than the Nordic Sea), but we'll be eager to see the outcome of the ongoing revision. We will return....thanks, Nordic C.

Room Tip: There's more air circulation on the higher floors. You do get a bit less street noise, but the...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Sir,

This was one of the most interesting and readable text I've ever read on TA. Wow!

We are, as you mention several times in the text, conducting a renovation of the public areas in the hotel. It might have looked a bit messy, but the end result is going to be amazing. I'm really glad that you are to return and have a look...

When you return the breakfast and the "crowds" will be a bit more scattered, a new restaurant will be available and a brand new bar.

Thank you again for your nice review, and upon return, contact us before so that we can prepare something extra for you.

Have a great day!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We recently spent two nights at the Nordic C and can recommend the property. Originally we booked one of the rooms without a window but on arrival found that it was just too small for two people. Rooms range in size from 8 to 10 sq metres and unfortunately ours was 8 sq metres. Although it would have been perfect for one person the position of the bed (abutting three walls) just did not work for us. The cheerful staff at reception were understanding and we were able to upgrade to a (much) larger room with window at a very reasonable cost. Location is brilliant - central station, Arland Express at the door and trams/buses/hop on hop off bus within five minute walk. Breakfast was included in our rate and was very good. Unfortunately we were unable to try the Ice Bar as it was being rebuilt during our stay. The construction did not inconvenience us however it pretty much closed down the lobby. Given the awful cost of hotels (and most things) in Stockholm, the Nordic C represents good value

Room Tip: Rooms without windows are good and surprisingly not claustrophobic. However do not go on the picture...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
SthlmNordicHotels, Supervisor at Hotel C Stockholm, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Hi,

Thank you for making a review regardning Nordic C Hotel. It was very well-written and was a pleasure to read.

We're happy that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you here soon again.

If (when) you return, please contact us if you have any preferences!