“Windowless rooms only suitable for one night!”
Review of Hotel C Stockholm

Hotel C Stockholm
Ranked #32 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Cape Town, South Africa
“Windowless rooms only suitable for one night!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We chose this hotel for one night after we disembarked from our cruise ship in Stockholm as it was right next to the main station and we had an early flight to Berlin.
There is even an Arlanda Express screen in the reception area. We did not use the Arlanda express as the normal airport train costs a lot less (especially if you have time left on your travel pass) and only takes about 10 minutes longer, if that.
However the rooms without windows were extremely small and I would never recommend staying in such a room unless it was just one night.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
SthlmNordicHotels, Supervisor at Hotel C Stockholm, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Hi,

Thanks a million for making your review. It means the world to us.

I'm sorry that you thought the room was too small. You had reserved one of our express rooms, and you are right, they are small.

I do recommend that you try or larger rooms the next time you are in the neighbourhood. We are soon finished with the renovations down in the lobby and I hope that you will come back to see the end result.It is strating to look really, really good.

Again, thank you for posting and I and the rest of the staff at Nordic C Hotel wish you a pleasant day!

Philip Persson, Nordic C Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 4 August 2014

No bellman for help with the bags when we arrived, the lobby/reception is under construction which was not mention in the information we got before we booked, narrow, dirty and noisy lobby not what we expect for be a 4-star hotel, breakfast was on two floors, also seems to be under construction, the first room we got was smelling bad so we had to change room, our special request was not filled up, no room directory or mini bar prices, we had to call to the reception for ask for the information and was told the wrong prices, room service without any chance to see the menu cannot be the meaning, The second room was spacious and clean,
This is far more like a economy 3 star hotel, not worth the money,

Room Tip: Even than the hotel ignore the special request I suggest that you ask for high floor, quite room,
Hi,

Thank you for posting your comment. It is very appreciated!

I'm very sorry to read that you're not happy with you stay. We are, as you know and wrote about, making renovations down in the lobby. Sometimes it gets noicy and as a part of this, the reception feels very narrow.

I'm also sorry about that you had to change your room due to bad odour.

I can only hope that you will try us again when the renovation is over and done. You will love the end result.

Again, thank you for making your comment and I hope that we haven't spoiled all of our chances of seeing you at Nordic C Hotel again.

midwest
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This place is awesome! Right off the train from the airport so couldn't be more convenient. We arrived early after an overnight flight (arriving around 8:30 AM) and asked to leave our bags with the reception desk...instead, they gave us a key to our room and we were to take showers and rest a few minutes before heading out to explore the city. The room was quiet, clean, and comfortable. We were able to walk to all kinds of attractions from the hotel and never used the metro. Everyone working there was super nice and helpful. The breakfast buffet was amazing and served in a huge room so there weren't people tripping over each other, unlike some places. We also enjoyed the Icebar located here.

Hi,

Thank you so much for posting your comment. It was a true pleasure to read!

It is a common myth that its impossible to check in before 3 pm. If there are rooms available, why not give the guests access immediatelly?

Great tha tyoui liked the breakfast and the Icebar. And please remember that you are welcome back when ever you want.

Have a great day!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Hotel lobby is under major construction, so don't let them put you on the first floor, as they did to us, or you'll hear construction noise starting at 7 AM, so we had to move rooms. Hotel appears to have A/C, but as is probably the case with perhaps other hotels in the region, it doesn't work very well. Once you get beyond the lobby, the hallways and rooms are very nice/boutique. Breakfast (always included?) is nice and the hotel is located steps away from the non-stop train to the airport. The "ice bar" is in the hotel, and hotel guests get a discount. Major tourist cites and shopping are close by.

Room Tip: don't stay on first floor until construction is complete.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
SthlmNordicHotels, Supervisor at Hotel C Stockholm, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Hi!

It is so kind of you to write your review. It is very appreciated.

We are, as you experianced, renovating the lobby and I'm sorry if it disturbed you. All I can hope is that you will give us another try once the building is complete. It is going to be great...

Thanks again for writing. Take great care!

Tehran
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This was my second time in this hotel and I booked this time based on the pleasant experience I had last time at Nordic C. I did not pay attention that my booking was for a windowless room so our room was really really small and we did not come back to the room during the day unless for sleep/ shower... but putting this aside, the location of the hotel is excellent and the staff are really helpful and friendly, very good breakfast was included and we enjoyed that a lot. I will definitely will come back but will never book a windowless room :)

Hi!

Thank you for writing. It was really interesting to read.

We offer several different room categories, so I would advise everybody to double check their reservations before arriving at any hotel.

Some find it very easy to relax in a windowless room - and some find it more difficult. I am however glad that you liked the location and the given service.

You are welcome back at any time and all of us at Nordic C Hotel wish you a pleasant day.

Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This hotel is very conveniently located close to main train station.
The entrance hall and breakfast room are currently under construction. This is a very big drawback since it kills the atmosphere of the hotel and the room used for breakfast is not only overcrowded but also horrible.
The hotel rooms are ok but of cheap design.
The bathroom we had was in need of an update.
Cleanliness was between average and bad.
Service from the front desk was efficient and courteous.
All in all I can't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ZurichChrisG
Hi!

Thamk you for your honest review. We are remodelling the lobby, as you already know, and I am truely sorry that it interfered with your stay.

As I read your comment, I realised that we haven't reached the service level that we want to achive in your case. I am sorry about this.

I would like get get in contact with you, so if you have the possibility, send an email to: philip.persson@nordichotels.se

Thnak you again for your honest review.

Warmest regards,
Plainsboro, NJ
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I pre-paid and got a great rate for my 1night stay in Stockholm. You see the hotel as soon as you step out of the Arlanda Express Station. Its just a few steps away so it was perfect for me since I had an early flight. Staff were very helpful and friendly, and had breakfast waiting for me to take away for my 5:00 check out. I had a windowless room. It was clean and functional and I liked the environmentaly friendly bath products provided by the hotel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank squigglyski
Hi,

Thank you for your positive review. It was a delight to read.

We hope to see you here soon again, you're always welcome.

Warmest regards,