“Everything you need for a brief stay, convenience can't be beaten”
Review of Hotel C Stockholm

Hotel C Stockholm
Ranked #35 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed 5 July 2009

Nordic Sea Hotel was excellent and provided everything that I required during my 3 night stay in Stockholm. At first I thought it was rather pricey however if you're able to get a good deal or get their early bird rate on their official website like I did, it's fantastic value for Stockholm.

• I got to the hotel at 8am however I was able to check in to my room immediately which was a nice suprise! (esp. after being on a 20hr flight). I was in a Queen room facing the internal courtyard which was very quiet. I did not hear any outside noise whatsoever, only some noise from the neighboring rooms in the morning.

• The hotel's location can't be beaten for convenience. Directly next to the Arlanda Express train station (literally just a few steps from the platform exit), 2mins walk to T-Centralen Metro station, 10mins walk to Gamla Stan, 5-10mins to Sergels Torg & Drottninggatan (main pedestrianised shopping street).

• Nice modern rooms, nicely furnished, very clean. Some might say they're on the small side but you will find this all throughout Scandinavia so comparatively the size is fine & adequate. Very comfy bed.

• Absolut Ice Bar is a must if you've never been to an Ice bar before, it's quite an experience. The drinks are amazing and it's not really THAT cold in there. Show your room card to get a discount.

• Internet connection via wall connection was fast and reliable. Cable is provided in room.

• Safe and fridge was provided in the room which was great.

• Breakfast was included in my room rate which again was great value. Breakfast was nice and large, although it does get pretty crowded down there.

All in all, I was very satisfied with Nordic Sea Hotel! Throughout my travels in Sweden, Norway & Denmark, this was my fav hotel. If I ever return to Stockholm I would definitely stay there again, or if not, I'd check out their neighboring/partner hotel Nordic Light.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank laguida
Write a ReviewReviews (2,834)

Reviewed 25 June 2009

Excellent location, just a few meters from the Arlanda Express and Central Station, but rooms are still quiet. Close to shopping district, old town and boat trips. Very nice and varied breakfast with organic produce, friendly and multi-lingual staff. Clean rooms with lovely beds and good shower/ bath. Resturant provided quality Swedish food & service. Didn't go into the Ice-Bar - but wish i'd had time. Would definately go back.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank lululily
Reviewed 10 June 2009

We stayed for two nights at the Nordic Sea Hotel. I requested a Superior Queen room, which was advertised as having "Separate living room and sleeping section." Well, it seems that their idea of a separate living room and sleeping section was a chair next to the bed (see pictures). We were on the top floor, and the ceiling was slanted on one side, making the small room seem even smaller.

When I asked the woman at the front desk if we had been put into the correct room, she replied that yes we had. I asked if other rooms of the same level had the same thing and she said that some of the other rooms had a wall separating the sleeping area (which must mean that the chair is in a closet).

Regardless, the room was clean and comfortable, if not a bit rough around the edges and in need of some refurbishment. The bathroom was large and very modern and it had a large tub/shower. The included breakfast was basic, nothing special. They did not do a good job of cleaning up the common buffet areas or tables so it felt a bit dirty.

The Ice Bar is interesting, and not overly expensive when you consider that a drink is included in the admission price. Guests get discounted entry. We did not need a reservation though we did go at a peak time.

The location of this hotel is great, it's next door to the Arlanda Express, 5 minutes (if that) walk to the Central train station, and 10-15 minutes to Gamla Stan. This does mean that if you have the windows open, it's pretty noisy. Also, no central A/C or A/C of any kind, and it got pretty toasty on the top floor. There was a small table fan in the room, but this wouldn't help much if it got hotter than it was (about 75 F).

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2009

This hotel is a good choice assuming you get a good rate/deal. Very clean and comfortable. Helpful staff. Rooms are relatively basic, but above average for a 3-star hotel. Good shower. Shame there is no gym (awkwardly available at sister hotel across the street - very basic facilities). Nice feature is the Absolute Ice Bar being located in the hotel so you can visit after tourists have left. The Ice Bar is expensive but worth a visit.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 10 May 2009

* Very good location - close to shopping district and next to airport express train and bus
* Good breakfast
* Friendly staff
* Clean but small room. Very good beds!
* Good shower

We would definately go back.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChrisBros
Reviewed 6 May 2009

I spent a week in Stockholm in March of 2009. Having never been to Stockholm, I chose the Nordic Sea based on it's proximity to the Arlanda Expres (it is truly RIGHT next to the station...though there is no noise from it).

The hotel staff were fantastic! I arrived at about 7am after my flights and, when asking them to store my bag for the day, they told me my room was, in fact, ready, and checked me in. Whether I was asking directions, food recommendations, or for change for my money, every staff member I encountered was exceptionally friendly and helpful.

I stayed in one of the single rooms without a window. For a traveler who planned on being out and about all day, it was perfect! The bed was comfy, shower was great, and the internet access was stable (from the port on the wall).

The breakfast was fantastic! Plenty of variety, and plenty of space to sit.

The location just can't be beat. Within 2 minute walking distance of the T-Centralen station, you can easily get anywhere and everywhere in Stockholm. It is a nice walk (15 minutes) to Gamla Stan and The Royal Palace.

When I return to Stockholm, and I most certainly will, I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank thedailyguru
Reviewed 4 May 2009

We went to Stockholm for a short break in April and spent a long time beforehand looking into suitable hotels. There are a lot of mixed reviews about hotels in Stockholm and many of the good ones seemed to be very expensive so we were unsure what to go for. However we were thrilled that we chose the Nordic Sea hotel. It is one of the most central hotels in Stockholm and ideally positioned for everything you need. You are across the road from the Arlanda Express which is the airport shuttle train and less than 5 minutes walk from the city terminal where the airport bus drops you. The hotel is located in the heart of modern Stockholm with restaurants, shops and attractions very close by. We were really pleased on entering the hotel as it had a large modern lobby and looked really welcoming. We were checked in within minutes which was great as we had arrived 1½ hours before check in was open. As for the room, we booked a standard double, and CANNOT understand why people have given them bad reviews and certainly do not understand why people have complained about them being too small. It was one of the nicest hotel rooms we have stayed in and was extremely spacious and modern. It was also very comfortable and was extremely quiet as we had a room facing the inner courtyard. The hotel offered a buffet breakfast which had a large and varied choice ensuring you don’t go hungry and in the lobby was the permanent ice bar which was closed when we were there but looks and is meant to be a great experience.
Back to the location of the hotel, you are no more than a ten minute walk away from the busy shopping district where there is a huge selection of shops if shopping is for you. There’re the big department stores NK and Ahlens, the malls Gallerian and PUB plus lots of other shops down the main and side streets. We didn’t spend a lot of time shopping but what we saw was impressive.
A must if you are planning to do lots of sightseeing is buying the Stockholm card. We bought it for 48 hours use and it was well worth the money. It gives you complete freedom on all the buses and trains just by showing your card to the driver/ticket booth and allows you to go into all the major museums and attractions for free. We didn’t pay for any of the museums we went into and simply showed our cards at the entrance. We also used our cards a lot on public transport to get around the city which made getting around easy allowing us to fit more into our day. In our opinion it is also worth taking a boat trip and we took the Under the Bridges of Stockholm tour which was a 2 hour trip around the islands of Stockholm. Another sight worth seeing is the changing of the guard in the Royal Palace.
If you are only going to Stockholm for a short break its well worth flying in on an early flight and leaving on a late flight as there is so much to see and do. The ideal would be to fly in and do the boat trip that afternoon as you are then left enough time to fit everything else in. The boat trip finishes by 3pm as well so you can still get to another sight before it closes. Another great thing about the hotel is they have computers in the lobby which have all the tourist information you need and it’s completely free to access so you can see what’s on that day before you leave the hotel. Sights we think are well worth visiting are the Vasa museum, Skansen and The Royal Palace. You must also visit Gamla Stan which is a contrasting island where you can walk around the old town. If you’re going to eat out be aware it’s a little more expensive than London so shop around to find a good restaurant that’s decently priced.
Overall we had a fantastic time and were really impressed with the hotel and the service they offered. We would definitely recommend this hotel and would happily stay here the next time we visit Stockholm.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple