Hotel C Stockholm
Ranked #36 of 155 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed 20 October 2009

Since I booked well in advance and took advantage of a weekend special, I was able to save money on an otherwise typically expensive hotel. I was very impressed by the desk service, location to Arlanda Express (approx. 20 meters), central location and easy walking distance to Gamla Stan and public transportation system. The included breakfast was very enjoyable and offered a nice variety. Seating was not an issue during the first hour of breakfast although seating did become scarce after the first hour or so.
The room was comfortable, clean and the free internet was a welcome amenity.
My room was located overlooking the construction of an adjacent building in the courtyard which posed some minor construction noise early one morning, but the disturbance was minor and not a negative reflection on the hotel. The view would be less than desirable under any circumstances.
The Sunday night prior to my departure I was able to watch two live NFL games.
I would recommend this hotel and stay again when in Stockholm

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (2,728)

Reviewed 18 October 2009

this hotel is steps from the train station and a 25 minute walk to gamla stan, the scenic old town. the beds/room were clean and comfortable. service was friendly and efficient. the lobby has a cool bar/lounge and one of those ice bars you see in scandanavia - everything in the bar is made of ice. wireless interent is free and easily accessible. free breakfast was tremendous.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2009

In concise this hotel is the perfect one you're look for if you don't want to break the bank, but still stay in a decent hotel. The rooms are clean and mondern... only problem is that durring the summer the sun never really sets and the room we were in has white curtains... but I had blind folds to sleep so it didn't bother me.. The ICE BAR in the lobby is amazing!

This hotel is attached to the train station so you can't get a better location than that! Gamla Stan is about a 15 minute walk.. this hotel is in the city center on a dead end.. so it's peaceful.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 October 2009

I arrived in Stockholm on 1 October 2009 and stayed in the hotel on 3rd October 2009. After I checked out, I sat at the hotel lobby couch while waiting for my next transport mode. At around 730pm, while i was on the phone, the bag next to me was stolen - I only discoverd it after I finished. Although everything was captured on security cameras, the hotel staff could not assist me. All my cash, credit cards, passport and valuables were in the bag.

While the hotel is located in a central location, one must be wary that the hotel security may not be as good as it looks. People and non guests can sneak into the hotel and co-mingle with the crowds and steal your bags, even if they were next to you.

The staff were not that helpful - giving me lukewarm assistance. NO manager was asked to see me even though it happened in their lobby. They did not do anything with regards to the theft and said they would leave it to the Swedish police whom they said would be too busy on a Saturday night. They however allowed me to make overseas calls to my insurance company and arrange for help. But I was left without cash and accommodation for a day. In my view, better service could have been given. I was able to stay on at the hotel because a colleague helped me to make bookings for the hotel subsequently.

My warning is - despite all the perks of staying here, please be careful. You wouldn't want to be caught in the same situation as I had. Thinking that security in such a hotel was good enough.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 October 2009

Positives:
-Neat rooms; my friend and I opted for a bunk-bed/windowless room but it worked out great!
-Hästens beds! Extremely comfortable and expensive beds that were amazing to sleep in.
-Good packages for room rates if booked in advance - check out their special offers and promotions!
-Rooms were really clean; clean bedding, clean bathroom, we were very impressed.
-The hotel is relatively new and modern, the lobby was lovely and the rooms were modern and Swedish- looking/designed.
-Free computers and internet in the lobby, we never had to wait to use them.
-Fantastic free breakfasts every morning with tons of choices, many of which were very vegetarian-friendly!
-Absolut Ice Bar - a cool feature, though we didn't go in (it costs extra and I've been to the Ice Hotel in Quebec and had a pretty good idea about what an Ice Hotel entails, I don't drink and didn't want to spend the extra $50.)
-The front desk employees were extremely nice, spoke English really well and were very helpful.
-The location was great; right in downtown Stockholm, an easy 15 minute walk to Gamla Stan and Sodermalm, close to the shops and close to the subway and central station, literally a 30-second walk to the Arlanda Express train.

Negatives:
-Nordic Sea Hotel can be quite pricey (about $300CAD per night for a basic room), however we booked a package in advance and ended up paying about 590SEK ($90CAD) per night for three nights which worked perfectly for the two of us.
-If you are not arriving by the Arlanda Express train the hotel can be a little difficult to find if it's your first time in Stockholm.

Overall:
-I would DEFINITELY stay here again! By booking a package you get great four-star value for a reasonable amount of money. Close to touristy things, public transit and right in the heart of Stockholm.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank lowsydotes
Reviewed 27 September 2009

Booking the Early Bird promotion, we prepaid 3270 SEK (tax and buffet breakfast included) for a stay Aug 28-31 (in Fri, out Mon). I picked the Nordic Sea because it is Swedish-owned, ecologically conscious (they try to do as much as possible on premises to cut down on fuel use and pollution), the decor is contemporary Scandinavian with a nautical theme (it feels like we're on an ocean liner) and the location is wonderful, right next to Central Station (for train, bus & metro) and town center yet on a quiet side street. With free in-room Internet access, free Swedish buffet breakfast and breads baked on premises every morning, it is an outstanding value. Also a plus were ice machines on every floor and free sachets of tea, coffee, hot chocolate and cappuccino to use with the provided mugs and electric pitcher. Very hospitable!

Our standard Queen room was not as small as other reviewers had led me to expect. There was enough room to move without tripping over our two 24” suitcases and a wheeled carryon. Storage: one suitcase sat on the luggage bench, which had a large drawer underneath; the mirrored closet had a narrow shelf and two short rods sticking out of the wall that each held six hangers; the TV console contained a fridge, a safe and drawers for the minibar and refreshment offerings; the two nightstands each had two drawers. The room décor was very pleasant. I especially liked the pin-striped bedding and the very comfortable Hastens bed.

One of the three windows could be opened for fresh air. While there was some city noise, it was surprisingly quiet considering the hotel was so close to Central Station. Perhaps the fact that it was a weekend stay contributed to that.

Hot Spot: The Absolut Ice Bar. Amusing irony there.

I was mindful of the negative comments made by other reviewers but the Nordic Sea Hotel more than met my expectations. Perhaps we lucked out and got a really good room. The Nordic Sea Hotel is a gem that I heartily recommend as one of the best values in hotels in Europe.

In conjunction with our stay, another great deal was The Stockholm Card. I used the computer and printer in the lobby to buy the card and print out the redemption voucher. By purchasing from US-based Viator and paying in US dollars, we saved on the currency exchange as well as the credit card surcharge for foreign transactions.

The card includes unlimited use of Stockholm’s public transportation. While the city is very walkable, it does get tiring after several hours of sightseeing – DH and I were grateful for the respite provided by hopping on/off a passing bus or tram.

It was great that the card is activated on first use rather than when it is collected from the tourist center. I timed our use of the 24-hour Stockholm Card so that, the next day, we could take a commuter train to Marsta and transfer to bus 583 to get to Arlanda Airport. This was very easy as the hotel was steps away from Central Station, the train (heading to the suburbs in the morning) had PLENTY of space and the ride was pleasant. Our noon flight and manageable luggage (wheeled 24" plus one carryon each) allowed us to do this and save a bundle in expensive Sweden.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2009

The hotel is perfectly located (actually next door to the Arlanda Express) and near the central tube station. However, the city is small so you don't need to worry about being central. It is clean and friendly, but with the price tag, you expect something much more special. The rooms are small (although not too much of a problem), the breakfast is average. The biggest problem however was the bed we had - the mattress was so soft that I my back is in agony.

I would recommend finding somewhere else cheaper and not worry about the location so much - public transport is great, but you can walk most places easily.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business