We found it hard to pay so much for a hotel room, but that's the way it is in Sweden. However we were pleasantly surprised when we arrived at Kung Carl. Neither the website or the outside of the hotel suggests how attractive and homely this hotel is on the inside.
The front desk staff were nothing short of excellent, helping out with a range of obscure requests from me and other guests throughout the weekend. The common spaces in the hotel are lovely, with an interior courtyard which goes up 6 storeys - it looks like they just put a glass roof between three seperate buildings at some point in the past. The result is a bright and comfortable space to have a beer or your even your breakfast.
We picked a cheaper small room, but it was really fine, the bathroom was great. The room decor is good too - making a feature of old clocks and brass accessories - it works. Our window looked into the aforementioned courtyard which didn't bother me - it was perfectly silent and still plenty bright enough.
Breakfast was a smorgasbord of fresh foods, as we have come to expect in this part of the world, but there was also some crispy bacon and scrambled eggs if you crave something less healthy. But overall, a very impressive spread indeed. In the evening, the hotel restaurant appears to be doing an excellent trade - our understanding is that it's one of the better restaurants in the city - well worth checking out I'd say.
The hotel is in a good location, at the Northern corner of the main shopping area. There are some nice cafes and restaurants nearby.
Overall, recommended. We had friends staying in various other hotels that weekend, and we feel like we got the best experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Classic Hotel offers modern comforts and amenities, set in the Financial and Commercial center of the city; staff is multilingual. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Kung Carl, BW Premier Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Premier Hotell Kung Carl Hotel Stockholm
- Best Western Hotel Stockholm
- Best Western Stockholm
- Stockholm Best Western