“Wonderful!!”

Ranked #21 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful!!”
Reviewed 13 April 2011

My wife Rose and I thoroughly enjoyed the stay at your hotel, the staff aws extremely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank ASLOG

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Moneta, Virginia
Reviewed 13 April 2011

The Freys Hotel was chosen for this trip because of the proximity to the train station. We were a group of three women travelling, and did not want to carry around our luggage, or have to pay the expense of cabs. It is a close two block walk to the station. The room at Freys was very nice, and set up for the three of us when we arrived. It was clean and pleasant. The staff was extremely helpful, and the breakfast was excellent. Because we were leaving on a very early train, before the breakfast buffet opened, they arranged for us to have breakfast early and had it waiting for us. It was also nice that the breakfast area turned into a restaurant and bar for the evening. A very enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Book online early
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
Monmouth, Illinois
Reviewed 6 April 2011

Hotel is centrally located very close to train station and main shopping area. Also within walking distance of Gamla Stan and other sites. Rooms have been recently remodeled and are in nice condition. Room size is small and tight for 2 adults and adult child but that is fairly common in Stockholm. Breakfast buffet has a great selection and hotel restaurant provides an excellent dinner selection although somewhat expensive. Hotel staff were very friendly and helped us during our stay. I would deifnitely recommend this hotel for a stay in Stockholm.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 6 April 2011

Everything was just great. I stayed the second time in this hotel and would come back for sure if I travel to Stockholm again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
Bamberg, Germany
Reviewed 25 March 2011

I've stayed here several times as it is so convenient and the beds are so comfortable (very much a plus point for me). The only negative point is that there is no kettle in the room for making hot drinks . I wouldn't really recommend the restaurant - I find the cook rather overdoes the fat, e.g. there was much too much meat in the Caesar salad and very little actual salad. But I'm sure this is a matter of taste. Also, the restaurant is shut on a Sunday. However, there are lots of other restaurants in the area so don't let that worry you.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 19 March 2011

The location on this hotel is very good when it comes to distance. Close to everything in downtown Stockholm, like central station, shopping and restaurants.

I have only good experience with the service here. I forgot something in my room when I checked out, and after 2 phonecalls they had mailed it to me.

The breakfast is ok, the room was clean and for the price I paid, I have nothing to complain about.

This area of Stockholm is not cosy like Södermalm or the Old Town, but it is quite close to both, so if price and location matters I will recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
San Juan Capistrano, California
Reviewed 25 February 2011

I can't say enough good things about this place-
First off, it is a 5 minute walk from the Arlanda Express Train station in the heart of Downtown. The staff could not have been nicer or more knowledgable. My room ( I reserved the Economy) was beyond what I expected. Sure , they are older , but well layed out, quiet and clean. Free internet. Breakfast was terrific; Waffles, egss, cereals , you name it.
They even have an adjoining Belguim Resturant which served really good selections ( and great Hoegarten beer). I would be hard pressed to find something I didn't like here and I am a global business traveler.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business