Whenever I travel over to Stockholm for business, I try to stay in this hotel. There are 3 things which I think this hotel makes special:
1. the rooms have character. The building is located in a house that must be well over 200 years old and even those rooms not having seaside view all look special. They are light-years apart form tose interchangeable hotel room stylings you find in other places
2. Nice breakfast in a calm surrounding. What i really hate are overcrowded breakfast rooms in hotels. This one here has never been crowded on the many occasions I stayed there and the quality of the breakfast is excellent. the personnel holds an eye with who enters the breakfast room which means more security for your luggage when eating breakfast on your checkout day.
3. The hotel is located in Gamla Stan, the historical part of Stockholm and if you are lucky, pay an extra or are frequent customer you can get a room with fantastic view across the harbour. The suite rooms even have an en-suite sauna :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Intimate Historic Hotel emcompassing 5 renovated 17th-century houses in Old Town setting, overlooking harbor; near Royal Palace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your First Hotel Reisen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1st Hotel Reisen
- First Hotel Stockholm