“I liked it - but a few "but"s”
Review of Elite Hotel Adlon

Elite Hotel Adlon
Ranked #40 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed 13 July 2011

Okay, so the rooms are extremely small but they had everything in it I needed (and even more: An ironing board - without iron though. But who wants to iron his clothes on a holiday?) For most of the foreign speaking TV - channels you'd have to pay - but the ever helpful staff at the reception (they endured my lousy swedish politely) didn't find a broadcast of the women's soccer world championship. So the TV and radio offers are quite boring for non - swedish speakers. The smallness of the room was made good for by the brilliant - small but beautiful - breakfastbuffet, - especially the great coffee! And wherelse would you find a three star hotel with a "Walk - in" shower? The location ist excellent. The only "but": It took me 25 minutes to check in my flight via internet on their super - slow computer. And they call themselves "business hotel"!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank emmessduesseldorf

Reviewed 3 July 2011

I arrived at 9.30 (a.m.) and was prepared to leave my suitcase in the baggage room but they gave me my room. Extraordinary!

The room was small but clean and comfortable. Nice enough for me, I mainly use the room for sleeping... And I always use ear plugs... This time the ear plugs were definitely needed because my window was facing Vasagatan, and it's a busy, noisy street.

The service was very friendly, the breakfast was very good. And if you arrive at Arland Airport, the location of this hotel is perfect. Arlanda Express (the train) takes you almost directly to this hotel, see the map http://www.arlandaexpress.com/stockholmcitymap.aspx

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank KatariinaE
Reviewed 28 June 2011

I stayed 4 Nights starting on the midsummer holiday, with my family, we were 3 travelling arriving by bus to Stockholm from Orebro.The bus terminal is a 3 minute walk, I got lost, it took me 7 minutes. Leaving via Arlanda express will take just as much if as much time as the terminal is a stones throw away, in the central station. This review is for the Mini-suite, which is reasonable for what I needed, for 3 adults however it was a bit of a squezze, as the third "bed" was a couch, with a drawer at the bottom, so it can sleep 2. I am 180cm, and 130Kg, and I managed the 4 nights quite OK on the couch. The bathroom has a shower that was a bit tight, but hey, I'm Supersize, and managed. The facility itself is well run, excellent, all tourist info at the front desk, very helpful staff. They even confirmed a place to get dinner on the Holiday, and organised a discount.

The Hotel is not cheap, but by Stockholm standards it will be hard to find better. I saved on transport as everything is accessible via walking or bus, walked 2Km for boat tours, open top bus tours cross right in front of the Hotel, so for shopping, Tourism etc, it is ideal.

Plenty of restaurants around here, varying prices and quality to suite all, and just below on the corner a 7-11 Store, that sells pretty much everything from a sandwich to beer, at better than the average price.
Good shopping within walking distance, maps are provided, otherwise hop the bus (24 Hour ticket, I used over 2 days)to go to old town etc where all the Tourist type shops are, if too cheap for the bus, the boat is a good option, (Hop-on and Off), near the Galleria, which is a fair 20 minute walk away.........Just learn how to read maps...:-)

A well recommended place to stay if like me you have a salary

Room Tip: Go for Double rooms or suites, book drct @Adlon.se
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2011

Adlon is a nice and no nonsense hotel in an old fashioned style however it's clean and charming. My single room was small but very efficient. Very close to the arlanda express and also close to the main sites.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 23 June 2011

We were in town in business and our company booked us into this place. The location is VERY convenient to the central train station which is an efficient, though the not most attractive location in town. The hotel is also very well-run. The rooms are nice (ours was a larger double), certainly not oppulent (hardwood floors instead of carpets). The bed was nice and comfortable. Breakfast was good but not the best we had in Sweden. The price was good, so overall I though it was a solid value. If you are not looking for an nice well-run hotel, the Adelon is more than adequate. It is not a 5 star property of an International chain, but it leaves a nice taste of Sweden in your mouth.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Leroi L
Reviewed 18 June 2011

I stayed here with my wife and daughter and found the hotel staff to be very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was a pleasant experience with a wide range of choices and good food. The hotel is well located whether you are walking around Stockholm or need to travel by train, and either the bus or Arlanda Express train to/from the airport are only a short distance from the hotel.
The rooms and hotel were renovated in 2006/07 and were clean and well appointed. One minor point was that the bathroom floor was all one level and the water from the shower needed to be mopped up with towels.
The free wifi internet worked well and there were terminals in the lobby as well.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2011

I stayed there for 3 days during a work meeting in Stockholm and absolutely loved this hotel. Though a bit small, single rooms are very cozy, clean, functional and nicely furnished. Breakfast was good and plenty choices. Reception staff was friendly and helpful. Free Wi-Fi in the room was good, but most of foreign TV channels are paid...
All in all I definitely recommend this place and would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business