“great place to stay”

Ranked #54 of 155 Hotels in Stockholm
Tunbridge Wells, England, United Kingdom
“great place to stay”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Just got back from a week sight-seeing in Stockholm and loved our hotel. Lovely characterful building, respectfully modernised. Staff were very knowledgeable and helpful. Room was a mini-suite which divided into 2 bedrooms: perfect for us. Lovely modern trendy bathroom. All very clean. Lovely range of foods for breakfast but could do with a bigger room as quite cramped and not always free tables during breakfast "rush hour". Very central location, really good for getting around and airport access. Could use aircon though as noisy at night with the windows open - which was essential during heatwave. Would definitely use again and recommend. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Maybe an inner courtyard room if summer to avoid street noise during night. We loved our mini suite...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sandra R
AdlonStockholm, General Manager at Elite Hotel Adlon, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Thank you for taking your time to write this nice review. As you point out our breakfast room can be rather cramped during rush hours if the hotel is fully booked. We try to inform our guests about this and which hours to avoid if possible - most of the time it works smoothly. We wish you warm welcome back to Stockholm and Adlon Hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 July 2013

VERY pleased with hotel. Staff were very nice and helpful. Hotel couldn't have been more centrally located. Have put it into my address book to use in future. Rooms were very small, no problem. Wifi always worked and breakfast was great.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for taking your time to write this nice review! Welcome back!
Toronto
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Stayed 4 nights. Very convenient location across from Arlanda Express Terminal. Friendly and helpful reception staff. Computers are available to do check-in on line and printing boarding passes. My room was a bit smallish but clean and serve the purpose. Choose room facing courtyard. No noise whatsoever. Excellent breakfast! Good quality and choice of food and drinks, decent size breakfast room with plenty of seating.
My only complaint is a lack of room safe. Stockholm is very safe city, but still it’s better to keep passport and laptop in the safe.
Yet, would stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for taking your time to write this nice review. For your information we have a safe in all superor rooms and all mini suites. If you stay in a room without safe we will be happy to help you in the receptione, where you free of charge can use a private safe as well. We all wish you warm welcome back to Stockholm and Adlon Hotel.
leeds
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Does what it says on the tin. I found the staff helpful but unintrusive, and the free internet access via aptopat reception was useful, and a dying feature of hotels, who often prefer just to offer wifi and not cater to those who don't have a computer.

The location was very good - not far from any of the main districts, and the room was very good and was cleaned well.

Noise on the street outside was a problem one night, but generally a good night's sleep is something to expect here...the hotel can't be blamed for the idiotic bus driver who held his horn down at 2am! I'm sure this doesn't happen often.

I would have to be convinced of a reason not to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for takiing your time to write this nice review. Welcome back!
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I stayed during my business trip on March 2013. I stayed in Adlonn for 1 week. It offers a good standard room with affordable price as compare to others hotel in nearby location. I found this hotel very convenient as it is located close to the train station, bus stop, convenient store and you can find restaurants nearby.

Try to get a room in higher floor (4th floor) as i believed my room was slightly bigger than my friends rooms who stayed in lower level. Bathroom was quite small in my opinion but, i can bear with it.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
AdlonStockholm, General Manager at Elite Hotel Adlon, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Thank you for taking your time to write this review. As you point out our location is fabulous and we alway try to offer a price that is competitive compared to other hotels in the same area. We all wish you welcome back to Stockholm and Adlon Hotel.
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 9 July 2013

The hotel offers a so called "Swedish Breakfast" in its homepage.
According to my expectations this is at least with a number of different sorts of fish, like salmon, etc. and other typical swedish products.

The truth, however is, that they offer a normal continental breakfast, which you can get in thousands of hotels all over Europe and elsewhere in the world. The information of the hotel refering to breakfast therefore simply is UNTRUE.
The advantages of the hotel are:
- the location close to the central Station includign airport busses to all airports in Stockholm area
- and the really very friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you for taking your time to write this review. I am sorry to hear that our breakfast buffet did not meet your expectations as a typical Swedish breakfast. Howeever we serve some very Swedish items on our breakfast buffet like filmjölk (sour milk), yoghurts, oatmeal porridge, Wasa knäckebröd (hard bread). lingonberries, a large scale of differnt milk types and bread and Swedish hard cheese are always on the buffet each morning together with the more continental items like coffee, scrambled eggs, juices, ham, liver paste etc. If you wish salmon we offer this for lunch/dinner in our lounge, for example in our home made soap or home made pie.
We all wish you welcome back to Stockholm and Adlon Hotel.
Orland Park, Illinois
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Stockholm can be expensive so I spent a lot of time researching hotels which would be both fairly affordable (by Stockholm standards) and also convenient for a four night stay. I found such a hotel in the Adlon.

The Adlon is easy to find and is only a very short distance from the Central Station and the Arlanda Express train from the airport. Check-in was easy and friendly, and I was surprised to be able to immediately get into my room since I had arrived in the morning. I had expected to have to drop off my luggage and get the key later.

Security is high on their priorities. The key is required to get through the door leading to the elevator, and the key is needed to get through the door leading to the floor.

The room was small but that is not unusual for a single room in Sweden. It was pleasant and clean and had everything I needed. My room overlooked a big street. When the window was open, street noise was quite loud. I only had the window open early in the morning and in the evening to cool the room. (Swedish hotels do not tend to have air conditioning.) Once the window was closed, the room was very quiet. I didn't notice street noise and I never noticed noise from any other people at the hotel.

Wifi worked beautifully and it was free.

Breakfast was plentiful. There was a buffet with lots of breads, cereal, meat, cheese, eggs, etc. (a typical Swedish breakfast) The breakfast room was a bit small, but it was not crowded at the times I used it.

There was plenty of shopping and restaurants in the vicinity and transportation to other parts of the city was close by.

Food and drinks were sold in the lobby, I think, but I didn't ask about that. I don't know if they had a restaurant. I saw tables on the side of the hotel but they might have belonged to a separate establishment.

The staff were very friendly and helpful.

There were umbrellas available for guests if needed. The Adlon seems to have thought of everything.

This hotel far surpassed my expectations. I would gladly return on another trip to Stockholm.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank JudyGrunsbo
AdlonStockholm, General Manager at Elite Hotel Adlon, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Thank you for taking your time to write this nice review. We all wish you welcome back to Stockholm and Adlon Hotel.