Just back from a 3 night stay at the Adlon. Much of what I have to say has already been said but here's a few random points:
- Top notch location just round the corner from the Arlanda Express/Flygbussen, and only a ten minute walk to Gamla Stan.
- My single room was never going to win any cutting edge Nordic design awards, but it was well laid out, spotlessly clean and well equipped with a flat screen smart TV, iron and board, kettle, telephone and reasonably fast Wi-Fi. Bed was very comfortable!
- Almost all rooms face a busy street, so even with the window closed, it's noisy around the clock. Bring ear-plugs or ask for them at reception. Although the room does have heavy curtains, with the street lights and bright midsummer light outside, you'll also need an eye mask if you're sensitive to light.
- Staff are friendly and pleasant.
- Breakfast is your typical Scandinavian spread - a good variety of bread, cheese, meat, cereals etc - enough to keep you going until lunch or later. However, as others have said, the breakfast room is simply too small. Many guests were unable to find tables, and it also seems to be understaffed, as tables were not cleared quickly enough.
All in all, I would say that if you're looking for centrally-located, reasonably priced accommodation in Stockholm, the Adlon is a very good choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elite Hotel Adlons' location is perfect for a visit to Stockholm. We are a centrally located three star superior quality hotel. Easy to find whether you arrive by plane, train, bus or car. Stockholm Central Station, Arlanda Airport Express train, the central bus station and commuter trains are only minutes away and several inner-city buses stop directly outside our door. Once you are here, you are close to all of Stockholm's business and entertainment centers. Just around the corner is Stockholm's foremost shopping district and you're in walking distance to Old Town, City Hall and the Royal Palace.The charming 19th century building has been newly refurbished offering comfortable rooms and personal assistance from our staff. Enjoy the plentiful breakfast buffet and complementary Wi-Fi throughout the building. Why not work wireless in our lounge while enjoying something Swedish from our menu? The Elite Hotel Adlon displays a unique character and personalised service. All our rooms and public areas are non-smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Elite Hotel Adlon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adlon Hotell Stockholm
- Adlon Hotell Hotel Stockholm