“Was pleasant but nothing to make a huge song and dance about.”
Review of Elite Hotel Adlon

Elite Hotel Adlon
Ranked #53 of 155 Hotels in Stockholm
Melbourne, Australia
“Was pleasant but nothing to make a huge song and dance about.”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My stay here was comfortable and enjoyable but wasn't outstanding not saying that it was a horrible place, as it wasn't. But all in all lovely place, food was lovely, service also above board. For me sleeping is everything on a holiday when you want to relax and sleep in and I found the rooms and beds just great! Location was a good spot as it was near the station and I didn't get lost at all which was a bonus when I had a wonder by myself.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Filip U, Informationsansvarig at Elite Hotel Adlon, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Thanks a lot for taking your time and writing a review to us.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed our service and the comfortable bed in your room.

Front Desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Akron, OH
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This hotel serves as an excellent base for exploring Stockholm, particularly if you arrive on Arlanda Express from the airport. The hotel is well kept, clean, with friendly staff. The breakfast is good with many choices. The room was small, but otherwise served my needs well. I was also happy to be allowed to check in at 8AM, since I'd arrived on an overnight flight - this helped get me settled nicely.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Filip U, Informationsansvarig at Elite Hotel Adlon, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for your review!

Welcome back to us in the future!

Best regards
Berkshire
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I chose this hotel as it offerd the best value for money, with the of needing a central location in relation to the station. It wasn't cheap by British standards but was resaonable in comparison to other similar hotels in the area,( not including the opportunity of sleeping in a dormitory or underground - neither of which appealed)

I was very impressed with the staff during my stay and had no reason to grumble about anything in the room. I think the fussier types might say the mattress was too thin and the interesting choice of wallpaper might have kept me a awake at night if I hadn't been so tired . there was no milk in the rooms but if you ask at the reception they are more than happy to provide a cupful at no charge for your tea and coffee.

the bathroom was clean and the breakfast copious and delicious,
oh and despite being right over tthe vasagaten which could have been very noisy, the rooms were surprisingly sound proofed.

i also liked the security peephole in my door . it was a nice touch which I thought other hotels could copy

Room Tip: can't think of one really. I suppose the first floor may be noisier being near the restaurant an...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank newlogmember
Thank you for your broad review and feedback.

I am glad to read that you got satisfied with the service from us during your stay. I am also glad to see that our newly upgraded windows are making a noticed difference.

Welcome again in the future!

Best regards
Vasteras, Sweden
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I stayed here fpr two nights with my 5-year-old as we travelled together with another single dad and his two kids. The hotel is conveniently located near the trains and also right across the street from the bus that takes you to the attractions on Djurgården.

I have no complaints whatsoever. Staff a bit reserved, perhaps, but room - though quite small (not that it mattered much) - was clean, bed nice and bathroom small but nice.

I enjoyed the breakfast and there was both hot and cold breakfast. Breakfast room slightly on the small side.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sveos
Thank you for your review and feedback.

Welcome back to Elite Hotel Adlon!

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Just back from a 3 night stay at the Adlon. Much of what I have to say has already been said but here's a few random points:

- Top notch location just round the corner from the Arlanda Express/Flygbussen, and only a ten minute walk to Gamla Stan.

- My single room was never going to win any cutting edge Nordic design awards, but it was well laid out, spotlessly clean and well equipped with a flat screen smart TV, iron and board, kettle, telephone and reasonably fast Wi-Fi. Bed was very comfortable!

- Almost all rooms face a busy street, so even with the window closed, it's noisy around the clock. Bring ear-plugs or ask for them at reception. Although the room does have heavy curtains, with the street lights and bright midsummer light outside, you'll also need an eye mask if you're sensitive to light.

- Staff are friendly and pleasant.

- Breakfast is your typical Scandinavian spread - a good variety of bread, cheese, meat, cereals etc - enough to keep you going until lunch or later. However, as others have said, the breakfast room is simply too small. Many guests were unable to find tables, and it also seems to be understaffed, as tables were not cleared quickly enough.

All in all, I would say that if you're looking for centrally-located, reasonably priced accommodation in Stockholm, the Adlon is a very good choice.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank WanderingMinstrel10
Thanks a lot for this review and feedback.

I am glad to see that you enjoy our location and the stay in your room. Yes, indeed, we face one of the main streets in Stockholm and it's difficult to eliminate 100% of the noise. But we have receently invested in three-way-windows to reduce so much as technically possible. We also have a couple of rooms facing the court yard, they are completely quiet. Just as you say, we provide ear plugs and various other articles in the reception.

After the summer, we are going to open our brand-new restaurant, it's going to be a major up lift regarding the space of the breakfast room, since we are going to serve it there instead.

Thank you for recommending us!

Welcome back to us in the future!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I spent four nights at the Adlon and was appalled at their lack of customer service throughout my stay. When I arrived, our sink handle had broken off and couldn't be fixed for a day. They offered us a smaller room, however we did not accept it as it was late in the afternoon. The next day, the front desk staff entered our room without knocking to have them fix the sink. When we asked for 15 minutes to finish getting ready, she came back 5 minutes later.

The staff does not have knowledge of the area restaurants so I suggest using google and yelp. If they say something is a 10 minute walk, add at least 20 minutes since we missed our tour to one of the islands.

I suggest thinking like you are staying in a hostel since everyday they did not leave any towels.

I wish this stay would have been more pleasant, but sadly this was the worst customer service I saw in my two weeks in Europe. Buyer beware and pick another hotel in the area.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Becky F
Filip U, Informationsansvarig at Elite Hotel Adlon, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear Guest.
Thank you for your review and feedback.

I am sorry we did'nt reach up to your expectations. I will personally look up who cleaned your room and find out what happened regarding the towels, because our staff usually do not make these kind of misstakes. The only plausable scenario when the towels are being untouched by our cleaning staff is when the guest is hanging them on the dryer. It's as you probably know a standardized norm to leave the towels on the bathroom floor if you want to have them replaced, and hang them on the dryer, to use them again, in order to prevent unnecessary enviromental damages. I'm not saying this is the case here, just letting you know how we work on the hotel.

Thereto, we are working very hard with our service and guest contact, so I will also of course look up what has happened at the front desk to get the bottom of this. We strive for the best possible service and therefore, have a high rating in this category on tripadvisor so this is not normal for us.

Even though, I hope you will come back to Stockholm and Adlon in the future so we can have the oppurtunity to prove you better.

Have a great summer and a warm welcome back to us!

North Carolina
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Very clean, Scandinavian type hotel, very convenient to the city, shopping, and old city. Not the cheapest in the world, but it's Sweden. Nice lobby, if small, like most hotels in the region. Staff very friendly, great breakfast. Rooms small as they are in most European hotels, but nicely equipped, and quiet, even looking over the street.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,
thank you for your nice review and feedback.

Welcome back to Elite Hotel Adlon!