“Ideal central location and base”
Review of Elite Hotel Adlon

Elite Hotel Adlon
Ranked #53 of 155 Hotels in Stockholm
Sydney
“Ideal central location and base”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stockholm can be very expensive for hotel accommodations and while Adlon is not a budget hotel, it provides excellent value for money. Ideal location across the road from Central Station and the Arlanda Express train to airport. If travelling solo, the single rooms are small but adequate for a short stay (they did have a double room for single occupancy for a higher fee when I booked, but I noticed it is now not offered as an option). If you do not need hot items for breakfast, Adlon provides an extensive continental buffet with a rich array of cold meats and cheese including soft-boiled eggs and herrings (superior gravlax during midsummer!). Wi-Fi access is now free (different from a few years back). Excellent base for exploring the centre of Stockholm.

1 Thank NomadinSydney
Filip U, Informationsansvarig at Elite Hotel Adlon, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Dear guest,
thank you for taking your time and writing this review.

I am glad to hear that you found good value for your money here at Adlon. The location of the hotel is indeed very hard do beat. You are very correct regarding the slightly bigger single rooms, they are no longer bookable since they have been remade.

Have a great summer and I want to wish you a warm welcome back to Elite Hotel Adlon!

Front Desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 12 July 2014

To start, the staff at the hotel are very nice and helpful. They gave tips as to where to find good food and other info. If taking the Arlanda Express or the shuttle coach, the hotel is less than 5 minutes (walking) from each. There are a bunch of quick serve food restaurants available (cafes, Burger King, McDonalds, Subway, 7/11 etc) plus alot of sit down restaurants and pubs (sushi bars, bistro bars, English/Irish style pubs). Most of the museums are a 35-50 minute walk as well. Other reviews mentioned it was quite noisy but I did not find that. I would recommend this hotel to other travelers and I would stay there again!

Room Tip: I would recommend requesting a room away from the main door to the floor as people let it slam and i...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Bob H
Thank you so much for writing this review.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed our service during your stay. Thanks for recommending us and have a great summer!

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My stay here was comfortable and enjoyable but wasn't outstanding not saying that it was a horrible place, as it wasn't. But all in all lovely place, food was lovely, service also above board. For me sleeping is everything on a holiday when you want to relax and sleep in and I found the rooms and beds just great! Location was a good spot as it was near the station and I didn't get lost at all which was a bonus when I had a wonder by myself.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Thanks a lot for taking your time and writing a review to us.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed our service and the comfortable bed in your room.

Akron, OH
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This hotel serves as an excellent base for exploring Stockholm, particularly if you arrive on Arlanda Express from the airport. The hotel is well kept, clean, with friendly staff. The breakfast is good with many choices. The room was small, but otherwise served my needs well. I was also happy to be allowed to check in at 8AM, since I'd arrived on an overnight flight - this helped get me settled nicely.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Filip U, Informationsansvarig at Elite Hotel Adlon, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for your review!

Welcome back to us in the future!

Best regards
Berkshire
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I chose this hotel as it offerd the best value for money, with the of needing a central location in relation to the station. It wasn't cheap by British standards but was resaonable in comparison to other similar hotels in the area,( not including the opportunity of sleeping in a dormitory or underground - neither of which appealed)

I was very impressed with the staff during my stay and had no reason to grumble about anything in the room. I think the fussier types might say the mattress was too thin and the interesting choice of wallpaper might have kept me a awake at night if I hadn't been so tired . there was no milk in the rooms but if you ask at the reception they are more than happy to provide a cupful at no charge for your tea and coffee.

the bathroom was clean and the breakfast copious and delicious,
oh and despite being right over tthe vasagaten which could have been very noisy, the rooms were surprisingly sound proofed.

i also liked the security peephole in my door . it was a nice touch which I thought other hotels could copy

Room Tip: can't think of one really. I suppose the first floor may be noisier being near the restaurant an...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank newlogmember
Thank you for your broad review and feedback.

I am glad to read that you got satisfied with the service from us during your stay. I am also glad to see that our newly upgraded windows are making a noticed difference.

Welcome again in the future!

Best regards
Vasteras, Sweden
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I stayed here fpr two nights with my 5-year-old as we travelled together with another single dad and his two kids. The hotel is conveniently located near the trains and also right across the street from the bus that takes you to the attractions on Djurgården.

I have no complaints whatsoever. Staff a bit reserved, perhaps, but room - though quite small (not that it mattered much) - was clean, bed nice and bathroom small but nice.

I enjoyed the breakfast and there was both hot and cold breakfast. Breakfast room slightly on the small side.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sveos
Thank you for your review and feedback.

Welcome back to Elite Hotel Adlon!

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Just back from a 3 night stay at the Adlon. Much of what I have to say has already been said but here's a few random points:

- Top notch location just round the corner from the Arlanda Express/Flygbussen, and only a ten minute walk to Gamla Stan.

- My single room was never going to win any cutting edge Nordic design awards, but it was well laid out, spotlessly clean and well equipped with a flat screen smart TV, iron and board, kettle, telephone and reasonably fast Wi-Fi. Bed was very comfortable!

- Almost all rooms face a busy street, so even with the window closed, it's noisy around the clock. Bring ear-plugs or ask for them at reception. Although the room does have heavy curtains, with the street lights and bright midsummer light outside, you'll also need an eye mask if you're sensitive to light.

- Staff are friendly and pleasant.

- Breakfast is your typical Scandinavian spread - a good variety of bread, cheese, meat, cereals etc - enough to keep you going until lunch or later. However, as others have said, the breakfast room is simply too small. Many guests were unable to find tables, and it also seems to be understaffed, as tables were not cleared quickly enough.

All in all, I would say that if you're looking for centrally-located, reasonably priced accommodation in Stockholm, the Adlon is a very good choice.

1 Thank WanderingMinstrel10
Thanks a lot for this review and feedback.

I am glad to see that you enjoy our location and the stay in your room. Yes, indeed, we face one of the main streets in Stockholm and it's difficult to eliminate 100% of the noise. But we have receently invested in three-way-windows to reduce so much as technically possible. We also have a couple of rooms facing the court yard, they are completely quiet. Just as you say, we provide ear plugs and various other articles in the reception.

After the summer, we are going to open our brand-new restaurant, it's going to be a major up lift regarding the space of the breakfast room, since we are going to serve it there instead.

Thank you for recommending us!

Welcome back to us in the future!