“Decent city hotel”
Review of Elite Hotel Adlon

Elite Hotel Adlon
Ranked #39 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I don't think the Swedes do heat well! I stayed here for three nights (attending a wedding) in early August during a "heatwave" (i.e. temperatures up to 30C).

The hotel is very well located just over the road from the Central Station and therefore extremely well sited for airport and rail transport.

I had a single room of reasonable size and with a good-sized single bed. The receptionist promised to relocate me if the bed was too small but this was not the case. A clean bathroom, good linen, effective wi-fi and good sound proofing (the Swedes seem to do very substantial doors and windows) completed a perfectly acceptable room.

None of the other hotels I visited in town had AC and the Adlon is no exception so it was imperative to have the windows open - and my room on the first floor front opened on to the street with the inevitable noise that brings; however ear-plugs easily countered that. Being on the first floor does bring other dangers however as I opened the curtains one morning to be confronted by the open-deck of a tourist bus. As I had been sleeping "in the Scandanavian style" (as it were) I had to cover my modesty rather swiftly...

The breakfast buffet was extensive with hot and cold options in good quantity with frequent replenishment. As has been noted in other reviews, getting seated at peak times could require a short wait but nothing at all major.

A couple of PCs and a printer were available (and working!) in the lobby which I used to print off my return boarding card.

I had contact with a number of staff and they were friendly and helpful at all times.

Sweden (and Stockholm perhaps especially) seems rather expensive to us Brits with Sterling being so weak so this is by no means a budget hotel, but it is good value in context and I would not hesitate to stay again.

Room Tip: In summer, the lower front rooms are open to street noise.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank mchumph
My Ö, Receptionschef at Elite Hotel Adlon, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your feedback. We hope to continuously improve with your feedback. Suggestions and comments are important to us.
We are building new rooms with AC and we also have fans that you can borrow during the summer time.
Regarding the breakfast room, we are building a new bigger breakfast room that will be ready in the beginning of next year.
We look forward to the next opportunity to welcome you back to Elite Hotels of Sweden!

There are newer reviews for Elite Hotel Adlon

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Our family of 4 (with teenage boys) stayed at the Adlon twice in late July and early August. The hotel staff (particularly Jeanette on Reception) were helpful, patient and courteous. Great breakfasts with fresh produce and an excellent range of items. Although the breakfast room is sometimes congested, there were always enough seats. Both the rooms we were given were fine for a central Stockholm hotel. Coming from London the traffic noise was bearable, but air-con would be a welcome addition. The hotel has a great location, close to the Central Station and Arlanda Express, the big shopping area and Gamla Stan for the historic quarter.

Room Tip: Rooms numbered 600 upwards are on the highest floor and quieter. 602 was the better family room we...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 August 2014

A classic 19th century building in central Stockholm. Close to the Old Town, Royal Palace and Central Train Station. Our room, furnished in elegant style with a queen bed, writing desk and comfortable chairs. A small fridge and electric kettle was a plus. A good size bathroom. No A/C
so it was a bit stuffy. With an open windows, noisy but in a large city, that's expected. Very good buffet breakfast along with welcoming staff
completed the picture.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 August 2014

This hotel is not as it seems. It doesnt have AC in the rooms during the summer therefore you have to open the windows and the noise is intolerable. I dont recomend this hotel at all. For the same or similar price you can find better options.

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are building new rooms with AC and we also have fans that you can borrow during the summer.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel together with my parents. As my Dad was in a wheel chair, I was concerned about easy access and the distance to the train station. With only a fee 100m to the train station, I need not worry.

The room was a good size and quiet, the sleeper couch was good enough and the staff were friendly. Besides this, I must comment that the breakfast offered was one of the best hotel breakfasts I have had in a long time.

Should I return to Stockholm in the future, I would choose the same hotel again. Thanks!

Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 4 August 2014

A Swedish friend suggested that I should stay at this hotel during my recent visit to Stickholm. I was very pleased with this choice. What looks like an old hotel building has been carefully renovated. My single room was small but functional. The breakfast definitely excellent in terms of quality and variety of items. The personnel super kind and helpful. Adlon is strategically located just a stone's throw from both the train station and the bus terminal in downtown Stockholm.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Filip U, Informationsansvarig at Elite Hotel Adlon, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Thank you for taking your time and writing a review to us on tripadvisor. First of all I am happy to read that your friend suggested us in the first place. And also that you really enjoyed your stay.

Welcome back to us in the future!

Filip Ullhag
Front Desk

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Great location, excellent service, clean room, excellent breakfast, good free wi-fi, and the best hotel bed I have ever slept in. Price was very adequate for a hotel of that level and in this location. I arrived by train and left by air, and location was excellent for both.
Best value for money!

Room Tip: Just enjoy your stay! Lovely hotel, Lovely city.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for mentioning our service, I am glad that you enjoyed it, aswell as our location, breakfast wi-fi. If you think our beds our the best bed you have slept in, it's for sure a big compliment for us, since you are spending a lot of time in it during your stay. So it's one of the most important things.

Thank you for writing this review, welcome back to us in the future!

Filip Ullhag