“I really liked this hotel!”
Review of Elite Hotel Adlon

Elite Hotel Adlon
Ranked #39 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed 8 September 2010

As mentioned in previous reviews, you can't beat the location as it is less than 5 mins from the Arlanda Express Station. I was also very pleased with the size of the standard single room - particularly the bathroom as I found it much more spacious than many other singles I have stayed in in France, Italy or the UK. The rooms and common areas were all very clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I booked in for a week and my first room was on the second floor facing Vasagatan and I found it quite noisy even with the window closed. When I asked to move the next day, they agreed without question and moved me to a courtyard room which was much quieter. This was my first trip to Sweden and I was concerned about the cost but the Adlon seemed much cheaper than many others and at 895SEK including a very good cold breakfast buffet ($130CDN) , it was cheaper than the 3 star hotel I just booked in Halifax, Nova Scotia for an October stay! I also appreciated the fact that they sell the Stockholm Card, transit tickets etc as it made a lot easier to organize my day. I don't usually get emotionally attached to hotels but I really liked this place and will definitely stay here the next time I am in Stockholm.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank vanboro
There are newer reviews for Elite Hotel Adlon

Reviewed 7 September 2010

My wife and I and our two boys, ages 6 and 7, stayed at the Adlon for two nights and it worked out well. The hotel is easy walking distance from the Arlanda Airport Train stop even with your luggage. Check in was easy and they got us into our room early, which was very appreciated. Rooms are European small, but we got a family room on the 6th floor that had a double bed and a double pull out couch. The washroom was large. One downside was that there was no kids channel on the (two) TVs. e ate breakfast once in the hotel, but there are plenty of options just steps from the hotel that are much cheaper if breakfast is not included in your room rate (ours was not).

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2010

Stayed for two nights in a single room with ensuite, on the third floor. The hotel is in a central location, about 5 minutes from the Centralstation and Cityterminalen. It is also well located for the central shopping district. The single rooms are quite small - about 8x14 feet, plus a small ensuite with a good shower, and there is only one English channel on the TV (BBC World) - but if you do not plan to spend much time in the room, this is not a problem. Free wi-fi is available - you must request a card with login details at reception. The staff were always very polite, speak good English, and provided exemplary service - the first room that I was given had a very soft bed, and when I explained this was not suitable, the receptionist identified an alternative room, where she thought the mattress had recently been replaced. Unfortunately, this was also too soft, so the receptionist then contacted housekeeping, and she personally went upstairs to find a suitable room for me, with a firm mattress. Other travellers have commented that the rooms at the front of the hotel can be noisy, and that there can be problems with the heating/cooling, but I did not experience either of these problems.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 August 2010

The bed need to be changed. You can almost "feel" all the orther guest when lying in the bed. And the ventilation/ac is terrible. I have been freezing for two nights because of a constant cool air from the ceiling, unable to turn it off (central system)

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 August 2010

The staff all spoke perfect English, and very extremely helpful. The room was a little small (a single), but was very comfortable. The bathroom was clean and bright, although there was no bathmat. The internet was free and highspeed. The only issue really was the bizarre curtains, which looked nice, but weren't great at keeping out the light. I'll definately stay here on my next trip to Stockholm.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 August 2010

We stayed here for 5 nights . The staff was great. The food was excellent in the morning . The rooms were very clean. It is central to everything and the staff helped us in every situation we had. The only drawback is the night club below the front of the building which is loud every night until 2 or 3 in the morning. The hotel moved us and the problem was eliminated. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2010

Very happy with our stay. Close to train station and short walk to Old Town. Reasonably priced given the usual high prices in Stockholm. Lobby seemed a bit dark at first, but room was bright and clean and comfortable. The breakfast buffet was extensive and very high quality.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple