“Great Value, Great Location, Friendly and Knowledgable Staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Elite Hotel Adlon

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Elite Hotel Adlon
Ranked #53 of 158 Hotels in Stockholm
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great Value, Great Location, Friendly and Knowledgable Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2011

A beautiful hotel, with original features from 1930's. I had very comfortable stay here at the end of February on a long weekend. The location is fantastic, just 2 minutes from the Arlanda Express terminal - and great for first time lone-traveller like me to explore Stockholm. I found the staff to be attentive and knowlegeable about their home city and always read to help. I stayed in a single room, and it was beautifully furnished and clean, the pictures on the website are very accurate. Breakfast which is included isn't amazing, but more than satisfactory and authentically swedish with plenty of knäckebröd and kanelbulle on hand to give you great start to the day! Wi-Fi included is the national Telia Homerun system, which allows you to use wifi all over the city and is very fast. I had to checkout early at 4 in the morning for my return flight, so didn't expect to have breakfast, as breakfast is served from 6 but the lovely night receptionist Tommy, packed me off with lovely warm cup of tea and cheese sandwich roll.

Overall I am very satisfied with my stay, I had very carefree and relaxed stay and the hospitable staff made me very welcome. I was rather nervous about travelling on my own for the first time, but I was put at ease by my stay here. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Asheck

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Oslo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2011

I had a pleasant stay at the Adlon Hotel over a weekend in December. The location is fantastic. Near the main train station, and just a short walk to Drottninggatan and other attractions. The single bedroom I stayed in had a window that looked out onto the street below, which was much better than staying in a windowless box (at the same or higher price at a neighboring hotel). The room was clean and well furnished, and looked exactly as the pictures show it. Overall I quite liked the Adlon Hotel. I would stay there again, and I would certainly recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
Rotterdam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2011

I must admit I was a bit sceptical when I saw the pictures of the rooms on the hotel website, but I was plesently surprised upon my arrival. I had single room with window, desk, tv, cupboard and a nice / new bathroom. The hotel staff is very helpfull and friendly and the daily cleening in combination with the nice breakfast, made that I really enjoyed my 5 night stay. The hotel is extremely centrally located (1,5 min from the central station by foot), which is nice. All in all, very good value for money!

The only downside was the system used for WiFi (which is available in every room). You get coupons with a username and access code. Every time you close your browser, you'll have to enter the both again (no way of saving the codes unless you use software for it). On the other hand, the system is widely used in stockholm, allowing you to use the coupon on many locations outside the hotel as well.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Eric G
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2010

We were there for a wedding in high season, first we stayed with the wedding party at the Sheraton and then here afterwards. Considering the prices we wish we stayed here the whole time!
Cute and boutiquey with a superb location for getting all over (Stockholm is very walkable). We lucked out and got the corner large unit facing out over the entrance and main streets. Was well-priced. We were happy and would go back should be ever be back in Stockholm for holiday.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Greece
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2010

I have stayed at a single room in 3 nights. Small area, single bed and cold inside the room. The bathroom is ok. The hotel is located in the centrum of the city, the only positive thing i can find. I would never pay so much money for a room like this.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
AdlonStockholm, General Manager at Elite Hotel Adlon, responded to this review, 12 October 2010
Please consider that you were staying during a congress period in Stockholm, when all centrally located hotels have high season. Therefore all hotel prices are at the highets level, and especially hotels in the centre of Stockholm.
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2010

As mentioned in previous reviews, you can't beat the location as it is less than 5 mins from the Arlanda Express Station. I was also very pleased with the size of the standard single room - particularly the bathroom as I found it much more spacious than many other singles I have stayed in in France, Italy or the UK. The rooms and common areas were all very clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I booked in for a week and my first room was on the second floor facing Vasagatan and I found it quite noisy even with the window closed. When I asked to move the next day, they agreed without question and moved me to a courtyard room which was much quieter. This was my first trip to Sweden and I was concerned about the cost but the Adlon seemed much cheaper than many others and at 895SEK including a very good cold breakfast buffet ($130CDN) , it was cheaper than the 3 star hotel I just booked in Halifax, Nova Scotia for an October stay! I also appreciated the fact that they sell the Stockholm Card, transit tickets etc as it made a lot easier to organize my day. I don't usually get emotionally attached to hotels but I really liked this place and will definitely stay here the next time I am in Stockholm.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank vanboro
Machipongo, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2010

My wife and I and our two boys, ages 6 and 7, stayed at the Adlon for two nights and it worked out well. The hotel is easy walking distance from the Arlanda Airport Train stop even with your luggage. Check in was easy and they got us into our room early, which was very appreciated. Rooms are European small, but we got a family room on the 6th floor that had a double bed and a double pull out couch. The washroom was large. One downside was that there was no kids channel on the (two) TVs. e ate breakfast once in the hotel, but there are plenty of options just steps from the hotel that are much cheaper if breakfast is not included in your room rate (ours was not).

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family